1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Zip, zap,vroom

Discussion in 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' started by Rajshri, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh turns biz consultant

KBC participants want Shah Rukh to advice them on business plans, which includes making a film. The actor also gives out brand new cars to nine contestants in tonight's episode
    Sandipan Dalal

It pays to make a blink-and-a-miss appearance (considering that only one out of 10 contestants gets to grab the hot seat) on Kaun Banega Crorepati, with Shah Rukh Khan being at the helm of things. The humble actor, who is known to frequently have behind-the-scenes interaction with participants, has been inundated with business proposals.

It all started with a few participants having expressed their desire to communicate with the actor beyond the show. Little did the actor know then that a persistent bunch would want to consult him in setting up businesses and even aspire to start a film amongst other such requests. Talking about the proposals SRK says, "A few of the participants are in touch with my secretary. They have been sending emails to my office as well. However, I'm yet to look at them. I believe quite a few want to run their business plans with me."

The illustrious actor is more than happy to help out his devoted fans. "I really wouldn't mind helping them out. A few who have won prize money have kept the money aside for a novel project. As for proposals of working together, I don't know what the future holds for me. But I'm surely meeting them after this KBC season comes to a close," says SRK.

It's unlikely of the illustrious actor, who cans the last episode of the current season this Wednesday (March 28), to draw a closure without showering gifts on the participants. Khan believes that the nine contestants who are unable to make it to the hot seat also deserve a prize. After much brainstorming, the actor got thinking heads at Hyundai Santro (Khan endorses the brand) to give away brand new cars to the contestants who go back home without winning a penny.

SRK says, "We have been thinking about giving out prizes to the contestants who don't make it to the hot seat. One can't ignore the fact that all these participants have spent a lot of time and energy to be a part of the show. After having spoken to a few people the Santro guys were kind enough to give out cars on the show." Tonight's episode will mark the goodwill gesture of the actor. However, on the sets the contestants weren't quite rejoicing. "I was expecting them to scream and shout. However, they were so surprised that they didn't know how to react," informs Khan.

Considering that the actor's contract expires with Star in March 2008, he's expected to present the second season at the end of this year. "We intend to come up with the second season at the end of this year or early next year," he says.

The actor who thoroughly enjoyed his run on television further informs, "The show ensured that I get to interact with so many people. It's a different story that some like me and a few even dislike me. But it was surely a welcome change. Before my stint on television, I was only limited to staying on the sets of my films. But, KBC gave me the chance to interact with people from all walks of life."

2. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Re: Shah Rukh turns biz consultant

Awwwww that is sooo kind of him! :heart: It reminds me of what Oprah did a while back when she gave out cars to her audience members :)

3. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thank you so much Rajshri.:hug:

4. srkmyidol

srkmyidol Confidence...

that is soo sweet....he is the greatest...no wonder everyone calls him the King Khan

5. akoori

akoori Well-Known Member

Vajir Singh

HT Cafe
    Mumbai
    March 26, 2007

Shah Rukh Khan often surprises the contestants of Kaun Banega Crorepati (Star Plus) by gifting them something they’d never have dreamed of .

The surprise element in the show continues to..well..surprise. In tonight’s episode, all ten contestants of the Fastest Finger First round will zoom away with a Santro car.

Says host Shah Rukh Khan, “The person on the hot seat always walks away with something or the other. But I used to feel bad for the rest of the nine contestants.

“I used to always think that they should get something. After all, they have struggled to make it to the top ten.” He adds, “I conveyed the idea to those I work with. It was very sweet on the part of the endorsement team at Santro to come up with this idea. I instantly liked it.” Obviously, for the contestants it was a pleasant shock. “I expected them to jump with joy and be ecstatic. They were just stunned when I announced the car gifts,” he smiles.

With the first season coming to an end, Khan says he will miss hosting the show.

[​IMG]

6. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

His giving away cars now??? Looks like his generosity has no limits...

Thanks Akoori :)

And if that's what he's wearing in today's episode.... I might not survive watching it. :faint2:

7. shahrukh1990

shahrukh1990 Mate at the PLANET:0

SRK gifts Santros to KBC contestants

By IndiaFM News Bureau, March 26, 2007 - 11:39 IST
    [​IMG]
    Probably inspired from the Oprah Winfrey show, Shah Rukh Khan and the producers of KBC handed out 9 cars to the contestants of the show. The lucky nine were the ones who were selected for the fastest finger first round but who could not make it to the hot seat.

As SRK is the brand ambassador of Hyundai Santro, it was probably the most likely car to be given out. It may be recalled that Oprah Winfrey gave away 276 Pontiac G-6 midsize 2005 sports sedans in 2004 to all the members of her audience present at the studio.

Though Shah Rukh tags the episode as nothing special, he went onto say that they did want to do something as the season was going to end.

Wish I too was on the show........I too cud get an SANTRO!~!:D :D :clap2: !Wht abt u?

8. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Re: SRK gifts Santros to KBC contestants

:eek: :eek: :eek:

9. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Cars? Great!
    These cars are really... "cute".... :) :) :car:

http://www.santroxing.com/

I like them... :heart: :thumb: :clap2:

Ours is 15 years old.... and :crutch: :lol:...
    it would be envious seeing this pics... :D

10. srkandrea

srkandrea srkandrea

AW: Zip, zap,vroom

he can`t bear that a condestant leave without winning anything...thats him. so cute:D :thumb:

11. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

wuhoo!!!

12. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

OMG!!! His clothes!!! God damn he looks sooo hot!!!:eek:

Thanks Akoori!:)

13. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

:faint: omg he did that??!!!! thats so cool!

14. srk-nihal

srk-nihal Winning Hearts

How Sweeeeeeet!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: all the time Shahrukh surprises us with his really very well deeds :thumb:
    OMG!!! those people are the luckiest and Shahrukh is the best ever :first:

15. srkaj0l1

srkaj0l1 [L] KabirKhan..

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! his clothes are super!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

16. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

All I can say is WOW! :car:

17. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

i love his jaclet and jeans

18. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

SRK and Hyundai gift Santro cars to FFF contestants.

First it was watches. Then it was autographed cricket bats. And now it's cars. It sure looks like Shah Rukh is taking the KBC tag line ? ek sawaal aapki zindagi badal sakta hain - to the limit. Last night Shah Rukh Khan, along with Hyundai motors gifted the Fastest Finger First contestants Santro cars ? a first ever on Indian television.

Let's hear the explanation behind it directly from the man of the day. "Many a times the entire team sits and discusses that the FFF contestants are all quite capable as they have made it through lakhs and millions of people and made it up to here. And sometimes a day goes by where they don't even get introduced on the show. And you feel bad for them. Its just one question that separates you on that day."

"So Hyundai Santro decided that they would do something special for them. And I think it's quite large hearted of them to do that. They decided that they would give a car to every FFF contestant," explains Shah Rukh.

"This is actually a way of celebrating the spirit of the nine or ten FFF contestants who don't make it on the Hot Seat. So all the hundreds of them who haven't made it... we decided to sort of celebrate that and salute them. And so we said ok in this one episode we will give each of them a Santro car? which I think is something that has never been done before on Indian television. So it's a big thing!" says an excited Khan.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

http://kbclive.indya.com/news/news_gifting.html

19. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

wow. watches, cars, business advise. what's next?! no one ever in the history of kbc has done this before. this is truly amazing.

and it looks like they got rid of the tie and suit attire? ;)

20. mandav

mandav New Member

ShahRukh Khan winds up KBC with nostalgia and generosity

Home > Bollywood

Previous Next
    Shah Rukh Khan winds up KBC with nostalgia and generosity
    Posted on 27 March 2007 (EST)
    Shah Rukh closed Kaun Banega Crorepati on a note of nostalgia and surprising generosity, gifting expensive watches and cars to losers! Was he one himself too? Did his unspoken contest with the Big B leave him licking his wounds?

Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan speaks during a news conference in New Delhi December 4, 2006. Photo Credit: REUTERS/Vijay Mathur
    By Vimla Patil

27 March 2007 (Sawf News) - Shah Rukh closed Kaun Banega Crorepati on a note of nostalgia and surprising generosity, gifting expensive watches and cars to losers!

When Bollywood Badshah Shah Rukh Khan agreed to host the superhit Kaun Banega Crorepati Quiz program on the Star Plus channel, there was a mini storm in the media cup. Crazy fans of Amitabh Bachchan – who was the original host of the show – and of SRK held their breath as they perceived the move as the finale chapter of the legendary Bachchan-Khan war of silent disapproval.

In most interviews, the Big B refused to comment on SRK’s style or performance and his silence was, to say the least, taken as complete condemnation of SRK’s way of handling the super successful quiz show.

At the start of the season, Shah Rukh Khan was smart enough to defer to the Big B lest he came a cropper. He claimed he was asked to host the show two years ago, when Big B opted out because of illness and surgery. "I refused it then, because the show belongs to Mr. Bachchan.

"This time, however, when Star TV approached me I asked them to make sure that Mr. Bachchan definitely did not want to do the show this season. Only when the channel produced a letter to prove that Mr. Bachchan wanted to opt out, I accepted the assignment."

The most attractive part of SRK’s anchoring was his wonderful body language and humour!

"Shah Rukh’s greatest asset is his body language," say a loyal fan. "Every turn of his dimpled face shows his nature. He is everyone’s well-wisher and truly wants all people from every strata of society to do well. "There is apparently not a mean bone in his body. He has no starry airs and talks like the boy next door. Even if this is a put on, his courtesy and compassion are attractive. His repartee is rib tickling and humour, truly funny. He is comfortable with the lingo of the common man and speaks with an appealing sense of equality with everyone. "The secret of his riveting presence is that he enjoys the show hugely and that is obvious in every move of his body. His energy is mind-blowing! By far, he is the top star of Bollywood, and now even Latin Diva Shakira, who performed her signature item ‘Hips Don’t Lie’ in Mumbai recently, has said that she admires him and would love to work with him!"

Super show of generosity at the end of KBC season!

SRK himself believes he had done a good job as a host.

"To begin with, there was a great deal of criticism because audiences missed Mr. Bachchan’s voice and style. But I settled down and then the going was good." He says.

"The show is seen by an average of nine million people in India and other countries and I enjoyed every minute of it."

As the show comes to the end of its first season, there is a distinct air of nostalgia in the air. SRK himself is feeling a little sad to take leave of the many contestants and audiences that he has interacted with in the past months.

"They were real people with dreams in their eyes," he said, "It was a welcome change for me. When I make films, I stay on the sets and meet people only from the film industry. But here were people who live real lives out there, and they come from all walks of life."

SRK's grandstanding, however, skirts the reality of the show's ratings that never matched expectations. KBC this season was never the death star for other prime time shows.

There was a hint of desperation in SRK’s unprecedented decision to gift nine Hyundai Santro cars to the losers, a first on Indian television. As the brand ambassador for the car, SRK was in a unique position to pull off the Oprah Winfrey style gesture, but failed to generate the media buzz that he and the companies supporting him must have hoped for.

"People want my advice to improve or set up their businesses!" – says SRK

"I can’t believe this," exclaims Shah Rukh Khan, "But KBC participants have been wanting to consult me for their businesses or even start films! They are talking to my office and are sending mails that they have saved the prize amount to devote to this end. I don’t mind helping them out with their business plans and will surely meet them after KBC closes for this season.

"At the moment, my plans are to devote the next few months to develop the special effects division of my studio and make it world class! Film technology is going ballistic and we want to make the best facilities available to producers in India."

"My mother did not know that she would produce a joker!"

Evidently, Shah Rukh Khan has been adding new skills to his repertoire. He is an actor, an anchor or host on TV and live shows, a humorist, a dancer, a sharp businessman and now an icon to ambitious young people who want to achieve success in their lives. But what he enjoys most is being a joker!

"When my mother was expecting me, she prayed to God that He should give her a happy child. Little did she know that she would produce a joker!" he says.