1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Zamana Deewana (1995)

Discussion in 'Zamaana Deewana' started by Aishagul, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Aishagul

Aishagul Turkish Delight :p

Zamaana Deewana (1995)

Cast

Jeetendra (Lal Malhotra)
    Shatrughan Sinha (Suraj Prasad Sinha)
    Shah Rukh Khan (Rahul)
    Raveena Tandon (Priya)
    Kiran Joneja (Inspector Shalini Srivastava)
    Anupam Kher (Kamdev Singh - KD)
    Tinnu Anand (Surinder)
    Asif Sheikh (Bobby)
    Beena
    Neelima Azeem
    Ghanshyam
    Sudhir
    Prem Chopra (Special App.)

Plot Summary:

Two warring dons, Lala Madanlal Malhotra (Jeetendra) and Suraj Prasad Singh (Shatrughan Sinha), who at one time were the best of friends, are now bitter enemies as the result of a misunderstanding. Their rivalry has spilled on to the streets and the harried police seem to have no clue whatsoever.

Then, the home minister sends his special agent, Inspector Kamdev Singh, or KD (Anupam Kher), to sort out the situation. KD has an ingenious solution to end the gang war - all that needs to be done is to bring Lala's daughter Priya (Raveena Tandon) and Suraj's son Rahul (Shah Rukh Khan) together. Let young love work its wonders

Now KD have to use a combination of luck and timing and whatever else to succeed. For there are jokers in the pack. Does KD stand a chance? Will Priya and Rahul make the outlaws become in-laws?

2. Aishagul

Aishagul Turkish Delight :p

The movie review by Sanjeev Saxena

Sippy Weaves Magic ... Again.

Ramesh Sippy, the incredibly talented director who gave us 'Sholay' and 'Shaan'. Shah Rukh Khan, the sure-footed and gifted actor who so effortlessly filled the superstar slot after Bachchan and became the heartthrob of millions. Ravina Tandon, the daintily ravishing indian beauty who stole all out hearts and for whose captivating smile and alluring looks, even a thousand words are too few. Anupam Kher, the most versatile supporting actor in the Indian cinema. 'Zamana Diwana', the latest flick from Sippy with Khan, Tandon and Kher is an unqualified stroke of genius and one of the most entertaining movies in the recent times.

Suraj (Shatrughan Sinha) and Lala (Jitendra) were good friends before falling prey to the vicious tricks of Sundar (Tinnu Anand), so much so that Lala believes his wife is dead and Suraj is to blame for that. They become greatest of enemies and create chaos in the city by way of gang wars (so we are told). Asstt Commissioner of Police (Prem Chopra in a cameo appearance) has a criminal psycologist KD (Kher) and Shalini (a gorgeous Kiran Joneja) weave a plot to bring Rahul (Khan), the lively and spirited son of Suraj, close to Priya (Tandon), the ever-so graceful and elegant daughter of Lala, hoping to bring the two sides together. Needless to say that good triumphs over evil, but only after a number of out-and-out entertaining songs and dances, jestful capers, taut-action sequences, endearing romance, tongue-in-cheek dialogues with a generous sprinkle of heart-warming bihari-accented hindi.

Khan has appeared in a movie after a long hiatus, but he is as good as ever, dedicated and effervescent. Tandon is as sensuous and pretty as can be. Kher and Joneja as an excellent supporting pair have zest and chutzpah. Their antics bring out some of the best moments of the movie. Jitendra is okay, but Sinha always steals the scene with his commanding voice and unique style. Overall, the movie is skillfully made, fast-paced and delightfully packaged. The opulant locales, ecumenical attention to detail and spontaneous humor bear the vintage directorial finesse of Sippy. Definitely, a must-see.

The source: Planet Bollywood

3. Astri

Astri New Member

[​IMG] Zamaana Deewana
    1995; COL; Hindustani; 35mm; 4931.66 Mtrs; 16181 Fts; 180 Mins, 19 Reels;CC.No.B-21480 Dated: 20/07/95 Catg: U
    BANNER
    Sippy Films Pvt Ltd.
    3-G, Naaz Building,
    Lamington Road,
    Bombay - 400 004.

CREDIT TITLES
    Production: G.P. Sippy
    Direction: Ramesh Sippy
    Story, Screenplay & Dialogue: Robin Bhatt & Javed Siddiqui
    Cinematography: K.K. Mahajan
    Audiography: Arun Chauhan
    Song Recording: Suresh Kathuria
    Editing: M.S. Shinde
    Art Direction: Nitish Roy
    Lyrics: Sameer
    Music: Nadeem-Shravan
    Action: Akbar Bakshi
    Make-up: S. Jayanti
    Stills: Kartik Das (Studio RB)
    Costumes: Kachins, Masculine, Manish Malhotra, Madhav's Mens Modes, Neeta Lulla
    Choreography: Saroj Khan, P.L. Raj, B.H. Tarun Kumar, Raju Khan, Farah Khan
    Re-recording: Kuldeep Sood
    Dubbed: Anand Recording Studio, Ketnav, Sudeep
    Processed at: Film Centre
    Produced at: Filmcity, Kamalistan Records: Venus
    Records & Tapes Pvt. Ltd

PLAYBACK SINGERS
    Kumar Sanu, Vinod Rathod, Alisha Chinai, Alka Yagnik, Bali Brahmbhatt, Sapna Mukherjee, Abhijeet, Udit Narayan, Sapna Awasthi

CAST
    Jeetendra (Lal Malhotra)
    Shatrughan Sinha (Suraj Prasad Sinha)
    Shah Rukh Khan (Rahul)
    Raveena Tandon (Priya)
    Kiran Joneja (Inspector Shalini Srivastava)
    Anupam Kher (Kamdev Singh - KD)
    Tinnu Anand (Surinder)
    Asif Sheikh (Bobby)
    Beena
    Neelima Azeem
    Ghanshyam
    Sudhir
    Prem Chopra (Special Appearance - Police Co

SYNOPSIS
    Zamaana Deewana is the story of two warring dons, Lala Madan Lal Malhotra (Jeetendra) and Suraj Prasad Singh (Shatrughan Sinha) who at one time were the best of friends, but as the result of a misunderstanding are now bitter enemies. Since their friendship soured, their personal feud had spilled out onto the streets of the city, resulting in chaos and mayhem.

This crisis situation leads to an emergency meeting of the city elders, where the police commissioner (Prem Chopra) asks for an immediate solution from the best and brightest assembled around him. The home minster calls, and finding no signs of progress in the meeting, sends the commissioner his special agent, Inspector Kamdev Singh, or KD (Anupam Kher), from the Department of Criminal Psychology. Looking through Lala and Suraj's files, the quirky inspector KD sees an ingenious solution to end the gang war - all that needs to be done is to bring Lala's beautiful young daughter Priya (Raveena Tandon) together with Suraj's dashing young son Rahul (Shah Rukh Khan). Simple!
    The commissioner is extremely skeptical, but finding himself with no alternative, reluctantly agrees to go ahead with the eccentric inspector's plan. To keep KD's overly active imagination in check, he forces him to work in tandem with one of his offcers, Inspector Shalini Srivastava (Kiran Joneja). KD finds that bringing Rahul and Priya together is no easy task, and that there are several other pitfalls lying in their path, mainly Lala's scheming brother-in-law Surinder (Tinnu Anand) who has his eyes set on gaining Lala's riches by getting his buffoon son Bobby (Aasif Sheikh) married to Priya.
    And so KD and Shalini brave the twists and turns in their adventure, and employ a combination of luck, timing and other devices to help love blossom in the time of gang wars.

4. sanusandhu

sanusandhu Ullu-Club-Member

First part was hilarious where Anupam is dreaming of his plan .The scenes were spoofs on hindi films.

5. Cristina4him

Cristina4him Inspector number 8

That is so true!! It was funny. :lol:

I did enjoy this movie very much :nod:

6. semaay

semaay Senior Member

I have watched this movie last week and I really had a good time!! Surprisingly, I looked the songs in this movie as well! It is really a movie you should watch after a bad day because it makes you laugh, especially the first half!!

7. Astri

Astri New Member

Lol...yea, it made me a little bit confused for a while.

8. Alana

Alana New Member

I just watched that movie. It's some kind of Romeo and Juliet with Happy End:(

It was nice to watch and some parts were really funny. And I even cried a little bit.
    To Shahrukh, he was sweet and innocent and so on, like in all movies of that time. Let me say something to his jeans, this red one......who the hell put him in such jeans?
    I liked that there are sometimes this poem lines....the songs are ok.

But who wha was really genius is Anupam Kher. I really like it to watch movie with him and here he's really brilliant. His outer appearance and his behavior. This change between completly gaga and serious is "too good"

This conspiracy is very simple in a way but very usefull and of course the bad boys lost and the friend come together again.

9. srklite

srklite New Member

it was really hot raveena looked very sexy

10. Astri

Astri New Member

Did you refer to some scene?;)

11. 1Feyenoord

1Feyenoord Member

I saw it yesterday, what a crap movie

12. 2anika4

2anika4 New Member

AW: Zamana Deewana (1995)

I found Zamana Deewana is a great film, maybe not so good like Romeo&Julia with Leonardo Di Cabrio, but this film has his own style who I found fantastic. The musicvideos in Zamana Deewana found I great like ever. :)

13. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

IMO this is an ok film. When I saw it the first time, I didn't really get the first part when KD was imagining what would happen with Shahrukh and Raveena. I thought the film was really bad. But then when the actual story started, it was quite ok. Shahrukh and Raveena actually made quite a hot jodi, she's still acting isn't she? It would be interesting to see how the would look like together now... I really enjoied some of the songs, especially Soch Liya Maine and the engagement song, I think Shahrukh was really really handsome in that one. The other songs I also liked. It makes for a nice watch every now and then, but it's not among my favourites that I would want to watch it all the time...

14. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Yes, he sure was handsome in that one! I have a ton of screen captures that I'll have to start posting some day of this. I love that part when he's wearing white satin pants and laying back on the grass and the camera is filming him from overhead.

Like you say they both look great in the songs. The plot is quite strange. Those fantasy parts threw me when I first saw it....especially that part when the actor (can't recall his name but he's been in a bunch of SRK films like KKHH and Chaahat) dressed as a woman and SRK and the girl held guns to each others heads.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  15. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Can't wait to see those captures :)

BTW I think the actor you mean is Anupam Kher, he was in Chaahat and KKHH and also in DDLJ...

16. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Bridget, The man's name is Anupum Kher and I loved him in the song dressed as a woman!!!! I am just now trying to figure out what the songs are that he uses. The first one is from Mohra. I had to find the movie just to see where the song came from. It is picturized by Raveena and Akshay Kumar!! The second part is from 1942-A Love Story and I absolutely love this song. Not necessarily the picturization by Rishi Kapoor.

Here is my question: Who can tell me the third song that is used? I have not seen it in any film I have watched so far. I am just starting to really get into other Hindi films that are not Shah Rukh, and need some help here.

Anyone??? Help!! Thanks :heart:

17. IHEARTSRK

IHEARTSRK New Member

Thanx MaryAnnK for the first in the cross-dressing song mix (lol I think thats the most accurate name for it lol). The only one I knew was kuch bhi na kaho from 1942 Love Story (love that movie). I have no idea what the as last one is since I am also knew to Hindi films and don't often stray from ShahRukh films as I haven't seen them all yet. Tell me when you find out more!

Anyway... I liked the movie a lot. I thought the 'plan' was hilarious. The whole time I watched it I was like this is really cheesy even for me. Especially when they talk on the phone and Reveena says something like "your heart is my destination". I breathed a sigh of relief when I found that it was fake. And than laughed for about a half hour lol . After that I thought the movie only got better, though like most ppl said the plot was a bit far fetched but because they kept the movie fun through out it was ok that it wasn't believable. And of course Neend Kise Chain Kaha was an amazing song and amazingly picturised by Shah Rukh and Reevena. I thought it was the steamiest scene i've ever seen Shah Rukh in and they hardly even touch through the entire song. I recently saw Maya Memsaab with the SRK love scene and I though this scene was way hotter. I gave this movie a 4/5 on netflix. It was great! :)

18. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Anupum Kher in that song dressed as a woman. He is a wonderful comedian. I have enjoyed getting to know his work as well. A very busy working actor with lots of films to his credit.

19. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

im thinking of watching this movie again after so many years i remember it it was a great film

Jasmine says thanks.
  20. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

I still love to watch this film as my guilty pleasure.:D Shah Rukh & Raveena looked great together & all the songs were mesmerizing.:heart:It's really hard to resist when Shah Rukh acts naughty!;) Anupam Kher is really funny in the film. IMO, too many flashback really spoiled the film.

Jasmine says thanks.