1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Zamaana Deewana's reviews

Discussion in 'Zamaana Deewana' started by Astri, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Astri

Astri New Member

Got this from mouthshut, the writer name is waqar

I think it would be surprising for some people to know that Shahrukh Khan and Raveena Tandon had play leading hero and heroine in a film called Zamana Deewana... this film was released in 1995 which were the shining days of Raveena Tandon because in 1994 she delivered superhit films like dilwaley, mohra, laadla and hits like andaz apna apna, aatish, and imtihan... and became the craze of the nation after Madhuri Dixit... so Raveena's fans were excited to see her with King Khan Shahrukh for the first time (and the last,,till date) as a leading lady... expectations were high and the film fulfilled all those expectations as it was a very well made and fresh film, but God knows only for what strange reasons this film becomes a flop just like many other good films of bollywood.

The story is like that Anupam Kher and his assistant wanted to settle down peace in the city by make Shahrukh and Raveena (the kids of two bad giant underworld dons) involve with each other and the film is based on the strugles and attempts of Anupam Kher to create a love story between Shahrukh and Raveena and from here till end many funny moments makes the screen shine...

The story look insane and illogical, but is a very good and fresh as far as a comedy and light film is concerned...

Raveena acted very well and looked very pretty and bubbly troughout the film... Shahrukh was as usual energetic and convincing... Anupam, Jeteendar and Shatrughan Sinha contribute a lot in comedy scenes...

The screenplay, treatment and presentation was the soul of the film as it gives the film an entirely new look, and even after 8 years if you watch this film you will feel it much more fresh then today's recent films like KHNH etc...

I'm sure you will love this film but will keep in your DVD collection, because you also know that box office failure doesnt mean that the film was bad, but in most cases it is just the bad luck as it is in the case of Zamana Deewana.

Mara says thanks.
  2. Astri

Astri New Member

I agree with him about the bad luck, but I disagree that Zamaana Deewana is much more fresh than KHNH.

3. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

in my opinion, if you have seen Saudagar with Raj Kumar and Dilip Kumar, and arent a fan of SRK, then dont watch it...coz the story is the same, with a comic twist... but since we all love srk...

he was totally adorable in the film, the songs were ok... and the acting was good...but the story i dont think was strong enuf to pull through

4. Astri

Astri New Member

Oh really? I seldom watch bollywood movie, specially the old one. But the storyline is not too bad and Shahrukh was TOO GOOD in that movie.;)

5. ravi_0605

ravi_0605 New Member

i loved the song "tumse poochon ek sawal" if anyone has it please give it to me.

6. krinmoul

krinmoul New Member

Re : Re: Zamaana Deewana's reviews

:crazy:

I WANT JUST TELL YOU THAT THE IMPORTANCE IS NOT JUST THE STORY BUT THE ACTING, AND SRK PLAYED VERY WELL IN THIS FILM AS AWAYS!
    SO PLEASE DON4T TALK ABOUT THINGS YOU IGNORE:alien:

7. Astri

Astri New Member

I dont agree with you. The storyline is important too. You cant judge the acting if you're not interested to watch the movie.:)

8. Elif Khan

Elif Khan New Member

I watched this movie the first time today.
    I did not guess, this movie is so beautiful.
    But, I love it.

I could not understand, Why this film is not rated?
    but it is very fun and enjoyable to watch its.

I advise to everyone.​

9. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

yep, its a fun movie to watch, i love it :D

10. meenumz

meenumz New Member

I thought this was a gud film, the music was a hit back in 1995, Nadeem Shravan were doing well then, Raveena was a rage in 1995 after having given back to back hits! This film wasnt a complete flop it was a moderate success!

Raveena & Shahrukh worked in another film called Jadoo which was retitled Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke, this film released 8 years later in 2004, the music of this film was good, If you can, do listen to the music of this film. I hope we see Raveena & Sharukh back in a film!!

11. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

from zamana deewana ab hai neend kisi and saath choroo na tera timeless classics