1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

your opinion... or critique?

Discussion in 'Anjaam' started by sonal, Feb 26, 2006.

1. ravi_0605

ravi_0605 New Member

desperate to complete 50 posts i would love to give one more reply

2. junibrown

junibrown New Member

I watched this movie again for the third time. And with each watching the movie gets more comical (in spite of the violence). For example, the twitching thing and the rolling of the shoulder. Just brilliant, Shahrukh!

I thought it odd that the credits start rolling almost midway throught the film. One is all set to start enjoying the rest of the film and then the credits begin. That was odd.

I have been trying to find the title of the reggae song played at the beginning of the movie. The song was played during the club scene when Vijay sees Shivani for the first time. Does anyone know the name of the Shivani and clubgoers are dancing to? I would really like to know. Thank you.

3. Aga_Priya

Aga_Priya New Member

I must say that this film is great. It's not easy to watch and it is not the one of the films you may watch a few times a week :). It is full of strong emotions and revange. For me it's far better than Darr or Baazigar. Shah Rukh is AWSOME. People say that in Darr he is frightening. In Darr I felt sorry for him and I understood him in some way. In Ajaam at the beginning his character acts like undisciplined child with power of an adult (scenes in the bar and with the car). And as the movie goes he is worse and worse...

4. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Oh, my gosh! I had no idea what this story line was but I ordered it and it came in the mail yesterday. I had time to sit down by myself and watch it today. Oh, I was yelling at the TV!! He is marvelous as the bad guy. I was so trying to understand his character. I just could not sympathize with him though. He was wonderful. I love to watch his face change from emotion to lack of emotion to crazy!!! Madhuri is fabulous as well. She played such a range of emotions. My only other problem with watching this type of Bollywood film is the values the culture holds. Revenge seems to be a major topic and makes for a good story. Here in the west one is always left wondering what will happen to the one seeking revenge after he has gotten it. Well, that was answered at the end. Anjaam!!!

This one will take a while before I will watch it again, but I will.

5. I loved Anjaam and I have watched it many times. I think it may be SRK's finest acting ever! The mannerisms, the expressions, the way of walking, even the deadpan look in his eyes during the wheelchair scenes are a work of art!
    Through it all he only wanted to be loved but he was so mentally messed up he tried to achieve his goal by destroying everything and everyone in his way.
    I think Madhuri learned to love him while rehabilitating him but the hate totally overshadowed the budding love and ultimately destroyed them both.
    To the end Vijay was begging Shivani to "tell me you love me".

Dea says thanks.
  6. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

rubyroo says thanks.
  7. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I know- its my darling Ram Jaane. <3

8. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

oh! that means we have these somewhere around! i'll go look :biggrin1: thnx dear

9. It is a picture from Ram Janne but I can't remember where I got it from. If you have a Facebook page or email I can send you a copy.

Dea says thanks.
  10. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

image.jpg

11. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

rubyroo says thanks.