1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

your opinion... or critique?

Discussion in 'Anjaam' started by sonal, Feb 26, 2006.

1. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

so guys what did u think of the film?

i think since people had seen him in darr and saw that his acting was almost similar, they didnt appreciate this film enough... i mean i also think the madhuri's role was the dominating one in the film, but his acting was good.... although when i had first seen it i was only a kid so i was scared to see him act so violent....

i think the film was released before its time and people werent open to the things done in the film.. i dont think they were ready to see such violence...

what do you guys think about it?

2. Lachchi

Lachchi Well-Known Member

Hey!
    I love Anjaam. I anyhow love the old movies with Mr. Khan
    The story is touching and althought he is a psychopath...I have pity with him.
    Anjaam shows what a brilliant actor Mr. Khan is.
    and.....the music is very nice.
    God Bless
    Lachchi :thumb:

3. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

yup totally agree... although he was the villain... you feel sympathy towards him

4. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

i loved teh movie!! ending was the best...and boy his character really made me hate him...not srk i meant the character...

5. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

yeah same here.... but how can we hate him.... we love him good or bad... :D

6. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Thanks Sonal for this Topic!

In my opinion is "Anjaam" his best villain role!
    I like Darr but I love this movie more...

Because:
    In Darr he played a psychopath character in which you can feel a kind of sympathy ...not in this movie!
    This character was throughout bad and he played this character as a villain with all that violence which was needed for this character! Excellent!!!

It was for me not like "Oh, poor chap"... it was like "OMG! Run Shivani, run!!!"
    The first time I saw this movie I was very surprised about his acting skills... I've known only his "good" roles... and when I saw how he hits Shivani, I was shocked!
    Anyway... I would like to see him in such a movie again... maybe with not so much violence... but he must be a villain again!

7. Khoon Chala

Khoon Chala New Member

I saw Anjaam before Darr and I absolutely loved Darr. Yeah, SRK's acting in it was very good but I felt like he was better in Darr. Perhaps because he could be sympathized but I just couldn't in Anjaam. I feel a bit guilty bout this but I couldn't help but laugh at a few places: where Shivani bounces a tennis ball off Vijay's head and when she pushed him into the pool.:D

8. Cristina4him

Cristina4him Inspector number 8

Don't forget Baazigar!! I love this film too. Only he could get me to feel sorry for him as a bad guy in each of these movies :) It is a tie between Anjaam and Darr for me :)

9. Alana

Alana New Member

He's absolutly great in the movie and after all I have some sympathies for him here, too. Not because it's Sharukh, no it's because I think it's his personality and he can't act other. He's creul, yes but not deeply bad. I don't think that a human can be really bad or evil. It's a part of him. And so I feel pitty for him.
    And I like that scenes in that hospital where he is in that wheelchair the whole time. He's great there. And for some minutes I thought she would change her mind. But the thought she followed was bad and good in the same time. Good, because she didn' treat him during he's helpless. Bad, because she give him the feeling to be loved only for killing him after this.

And Madhuri, yes she's the best and I love her. She's brilliant in Anjaam.

But after all I hate violance and esspecially against helpless people. So ok revenge is maybe ok, but not in that way. I can't help myself but I think only people without words choose this way. And sometimes I had the impression that there was cruelty only because of cruelty.

10. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

For me between Anjaam, Baazigar and Darr, the only villain I didn't feel sorry for was his character in Aanjam. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was brilliant in it, but unlike Baazigar and Darr where I felt sorry for him, I couldn't in Anjaam. He played the part so well as an obnoxious spoilt brat, whose take on life was, if I can't have it, then nobody else can. What he did was inexcusable.:rolleyes: He was justified in his revenge in Baazigar, but just went the wrong way about it, and after he had murdered once, he had to keep on murdering, to cover his tracks. As for Darr, he was mentally unstable, but still Juhi had no taste in choosing Sunny Deol over our Shahrukh, and I think the audience felt the same way which is why he became such the anti-hero:D I know that if I had been in her shoes, I would have murederd Sunny myself and ran off with Shahrukh;) :p :D

11. Cristina4him

LOL! I would have murdered Sunny myself and run off with Shahrukh!

Layla.. you said it best! :)

12. Alana

Alana New Member

I think that guy is ill too in some way, in Anjaam I mean. Ok it's not excusable, it's never, but after all I think he can't do it other. He's used to get everything he wants and when he can't get, yes well than this happens.

But what I think at the end she goes onto his level.

13. maariposa

maariposa New Member

:thumb: Tuche Layla! ;)

But seriously, I love all three movies, each one for different reasons and SRK`s performance in each is mindblowing! He`s great as a villain :faint: although I have to agree that both in Darr and Baazigar you can`t help but feeling sorry for him and you search for reasons to justify his behaviour. Anjaam is different cos Vijay`s rotten to the core and you can`t find any excuse to his behaviour. I agree with you, Sonal, that the movie was released before its time and people weren`t ready for this, too bad it didn`t get the recognition it deserved. And Shahrukh is so convincing as Vijay that you actually start hating the character. Not to mention Madhuri who`s just excellent in every role she performs...

14. Alana

Alana New Member

Do you think the people would now be ready for this movie?:confused:

I don't get this. Why should the audience now maybe be ready for it but not the time it was released?

15. Cristina4him

Why was he so naughty in Duplicate? Manu was a bad guy too! LOL ;)
    He was also bad in Ram Jaane. each character had his history as to why he was so bad. Most of them made me feel sorry for them.. except that he was so spoiled in Anjaam. Damned I love this man! He is the best! :love:Even when he is behaving the worst!

16. latenebreuse

latenebreuse mad about SRK

Re : your opinion... or critique?

I love him in all the roles he played, and even though he plays the bad guy you still can't hate his character ..i luv Aanjam:heart: :heart: :heart: ..actually i luv Srk in negative roles..i know that he likes that more too coz here he can show on the best way how he can ACT in the most Khantastic way ..he is brilliant in that kind of roles..i keep watching that movie to see how he express obsession..violence ..anger in very pro way ..

and hey he's going to be a bad guy too in DON! not pathetic lover but still bad guy ..i'm so excited about that :flame:

17. Cristina4him

I am very anxious to see this one!

18. Michelle

Michelle THE BAADSHAH RULES!

i didnt like this movie!!:nono:after i watched this movie i just went like what the hell did he do?:mad:n i think this is the only movie that i dint like of srk!i liked madhuri's performance of madhuri though!:)

19. 1Feyenoord

1Feyenoord Member

i love this movie, i like srk playing evil!

20. ravi_0605

ravi_0605 New Member

ore like a woman oriented movie