1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Young and Old rock on KBC, says SRK

Discussion in 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' started by Kalsoom_24, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Kalsoom_24

Kalsoom_24 New Member

KBC News - Young and Old rock on KBC, says SRK

SRK tells KBClive the difference in playing with the two age groups.
    [​IMG]
    In the short span that SRK has been hosting KBC, he has had the opportunity to quiz various age groups. From youngsters like Vasu and Vishal to relatively older contestants like Padmaja and Prasenjit.

He told KBClive that the show maybe easier for the youngsters thereby affecting what they take home as winnings.

"I think the youngsters when they make it here they have time to prepare and also a lot of the questions that are asked. Also earlier when I have seen KBC and played myself, you know, you wish you were in the 7th 8th 9th because a lot of the questions are pertaining to that time especially relating to history, civics and geography. A lot of things that you know that you have learnt at that time and those details atleast come in the first 8-9 questions. And then you wish you could have remembered that and I think that could be one reason why the youngsters do seem to perform much better," says Khan.
    [​IMG]
    He says they are also involved in other preparations which help them do better than their elder counterparts. "Most of the young guys when I meet and talk to them later, I come to know that somebody is preparing for an entrance exam or for IPS or IAS so I think they are preparing regularly while, apart from the teachers I have played with who knew all the answers, I think the elder ones are good at some of the mythology or Hindi oriented questions but do falter in the beginning. And when they falter in the beginning they do tend to go out not winning too much money."
    [​IMG]
    "But I think similarly my elder contestants bring a lot to my show. They are a perfect example of playing with patience and without getting ruffled which is so essential in a game like this. They also teach us – or atleast me- a lot about our past history. I have the utmost respect for them and I love interacting with them as I think they enrich the show immensely. As far as the youngsters are concerned I think are a little more with the spirit of competition which I think is nice too," adds the host who is fiercely competitive himself.

Wednesday, February 7, 2007