1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Yash Raj Is Back in Action!

Discussion in 'Music Reviews - Members' started by sonal, Nov 21, 2008.

1. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

Finally, after waiting almost two weeks, I finally was able to sit and listen to all the songs of the Album properly. For the past two or three years, and except for Chak De, it felt as if YashRaj films and the films that they had done, was missing a certain "wow" factor. I guess that was Aditya Chopra and the Shah Rukh Khan duo that we are all eagerly waiting for. This album is proof of it.

Tujh Mein Rab Dikta Hai: First and foremost Roop Kumar Rathod's voice is awesome!!! Its a mellow song, but I swear every time I heard him sing, "Rab ne Bana di Jodi" I get goosebumps. His voice perfectly suits the mood. The lyrics are beautifully written and I think also that instead of having a title song, which like usual, would have the refrain be the title of the film, this one is different, but it still carries that thematic flavor to it. Simply one of the best songs of the album and definitely something that reminds us of the magic that Yash Chopra and Aditya Chopra can create!

Haule Haule: I love this song!!! Sukhwinder Singh doesnt need to prove himself as a singer, because he has done that with Chaiyya Chaiyya and Dard-e-Disco. But for the first time, it feels as if Sukhwinder has recreated himself and his voice for the film. The song is so innocent, and the picturization that we have seen in the promos of this song prove that as well. Suri's character is simple, innocent and loving and that's that this song shows us. Its the perfect definition of how one feels when they're in love. A total treat!

Dance Pe Chance: I personally love Sunidhi's voice regardless of what she sings because its so versatile. Your feet automatically tap to this song and you want to dance. The way the lyrics are written, although they're more like instructions on how to dance, still make you want to sing them. Especially the Punjabi parts of the song. There always has been some type of peppy number in a YashRaj film of our times, be it the Le Gayi from Dil to Pagal Hai, or the Lodi from Veer Zaara, this is one to definitely make you Dance!

Phir Milenge Chalte Chalte: Sonu Nigam at his best!!! He is my most favorite after Udit Narayan, but he has outdone himself in the song. This being the tribute to all the yesteryear legends, he has bought out all of their personality and charisma in the way he sings each "title name" or "song title," in the song. Like when he sings "Hum Kisi Se Kam Nahi Hai..." or "Jai Jai Shiv Shankar" you think of the actors from the film....you can hear the Rishi Kapoors, the Rajesh Khannas, and the Shammi Kapoors as he sings the songs. This is going to definitely be the most fun song to wach as each song is reinacted.

Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai (Female): Even though this is the shortest track in the album, it still makes its presence felt. It nicely compliments the mood and the voice of Roop Kumar Rathod. Shreya Goshal has definitely grown as a singer and her voice in this track is as beautiful as the lyrics itself.

Dancing Jodi (instrumental): This almost reminded me of the Mohabbatein album where they also had a thematic instrumental of the film. This is the same, but of course, you feel the "youngness" and the "peppiness" of the youth today. I cant help but to move my head and tap my feet along with the beats.

The album overall isnt as long as we would expect, but each song is like a jewel itself and its truly a super hit. Im sure the movie will even surpass the music. Best of luck to the film!

Rating: 9/10

2. rahulsn011

rahulsn011 Well-Known Member

Hey Sonal,
    Excellent review...one has to really appreciate Jaideep Sahni amazing lyrics too. Even though the music is a success..when you heard it the first time...did you feel that the songs will not be appreciated by the critics and some of the audience?

3. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

True, his lyrics are excellent. For some reason though, I felt that because of how some of the films under the YashRaj banner had done, (the ones that did not fare well) people might have expected a whole lot more...mainly because at the end of it all, its an Aditya Chopra film. But I think considering the theme that they have used, its lived up to my expectations at least. Critics on the other hand, regardless if something is good or bad, have their own biased opinions because they like to create hype.