1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Will My Name Is Khan to do a Slumdog?

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by darina4srk, Jul 30, 2009.

1. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

July 30th, 2009 - 1:55 pm ICT by sampurn

Karan Johar will be going global with his movie My Name Is Khan very soon. There had been speculations abound whether Karan would be selling the world rights of the film to either Yash Raj Films or to his new business associate UTV (they have tied up for Qurbaan and Wake Up Sid). But it is now learnt that Karan is tying up with a big international distribution company for the movie. This company is none other than Fox Studios. Apparently, they have already bought Karan’s My Name Is Khan for a whopping Rs 100 Crore.

Multiple Oscar winner Slumdog Millionaire was a Fox product and the aggressive manner by which the studio is known to promote their films worldwide; one is sure My Name Is Khan will definitely be on everyone’s lips the world over, during the time of its release. With its topical theme and world’s most popular actor Shah Rukh Khan in it, we won’t be surprised if the movie shatters box-office records worldwide, apart from generating critical acclaim just like Fox’s Slumdog Millionaire.

However, Karan Johar states that he is still working that out! My Name Is Khan is releasing either end of January or in February. A month of shoot is still left. Karan’s film is set against the 9-11 terror attacks and its impact on an Indian Muslim living in the US. It is being touted as the most awaited releases of the year. The film also stars Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol in the lead after a gap of eight long years.

- Sampurn Media

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal...y-name-is-khan-to-do-a-slumdog_100225029.html

2. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I hope and believe this will happen, but I wish the film didn't get compared to Slumdog Millionaire, I liked that film but these two have nothing in common...

3. irene

irene Active Member

the way I read it is not that the movies are the same, they mean that MINK will win Oscars

4. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

I really hope, the movie gets a worldwide release, this could mean ,i'd be able to see it at the time of the release and that too in the theaters....what a great way to start 2010!!!!!!

5. Pompula

Hope so! :thumb:

6. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

AW: Will My Name Is Khan to do a Slumdog?

let MNIK go to the Oscars :pray2: :clap2:

7. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

Yea. I have the same thought as Irene. :D What they mean is that MNIK will reach to Oscars just like SM. And I really hope they will. Because I can already foresee how huge MNIK will be. :love: :love: :love:
    It will be the LARGEST record breaker EVER! :heart::heart::heart:

MNIK and the 6-part series documentary on Shah Rukh are what I'm REALLY looking forward to for next year! :flame: :flame: :flame:

8. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

oh yes it will baby!!!! this movie is going to be AWESOME!!!!!

9. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

Yea... let's wish the best for MNIK.

10. shahrukhjaan

shahrukhjaan ♥Love SRK♥

Insyallah!:pray: MNIK will win Oscars!!!:cheer2:

11. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

these 2 films shouldnt be compared :nono: but of course media will do that :rolleyes:

MNIK will do really well! i hope it wins lots and lots of awards for the film and SRK :D :D

12. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

better Jan than Feb! :tsk:
    i cant believe there wont be a SRK movie to release this year.. :(
    but enshAllah MNIK is going to break all the records and have all the oscars :love:

13. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

AW: Re: Will My Name Is Khan to do a Slumdog?

No Ru,better february.
    We hope that the movie comes to the Berlinale!:)

14. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

Re: AW: Re: Will My Name Is Khan to do a Slumdog?

oh..
    alright..
    hm

15. Pompula

I agree :( It's too long wait. In fact it would have been better this year, because it could have been selected for oscar's for next year. But the wait is torture. And it will be worst for those of us who have to wait for who knows how long after the premiere to actually get to see it... :(
    (Even though I'm hopeful that with Fox being the distributor the film will eventually come to Finland, but if it will come to theaters that will be several months after the international premiere, because it's looking from here "some unknown film by some unknown people in a strange language"... And to tell the truth I'm kind of suspecting it will maybe only release on DVD here. But even that would be better than any other SRK film in the past...)

16. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

:hug::kiss:
    yeah, thats what i was thinking too..
    it wouldve been better this year too.. but again, sorry German fans, im hoping Jan than Feb :( too long to wait!

17. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

AW: Re: Will My Name Is Khan to do a Slumdog?

i forgive you Ru :cool: :lol:

:hug: :kiss:

18. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

Re: AW: Re: Will My Name Is Khan to do a Slumdog?

dankeschön :D:kiss::hug:

19. khairuzaman

khairuzaman New Member

MINK will some kind of film that world wide going to be hitlist, All that are their Fox knewd that they can be most acception so they are going to hire the film on their screen,

20. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

MNIK will be a film that everyone will be talking about, Bollywood and Hollywood....I pray that it goes to the Oscars.