1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Will 'Don 2' shift ahead?

Discussion in 'Don 2' started by kotsheno, Jan 3, 2011.

1. kotsheno

kotsheno Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There's tremendous speculation about the release date of DON 2. Of course, producers Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar and Reliance Big Pictures had locked 23 December [Christmas weekend] as the release date of the film, since Shah Rukh Khan's home-production RA.ONE was slated to hit the screens in June, giving a six-month gap between the two releases. But with RA.ONE now arriving in Diwali [that's the buzz in the industry, although SRK hasn't officially announced the release date yet], one wonders whether DON 2 will stick to the date of 23 December.

However, Ritesh Sidhwani denies any postponement of DON 2. "It's a great period [Christmas weekend], so why should we postpone the film? In fact, we will be through with the filming part in February/March itself. We have ample time to devote to the post-production work and marketing of our film," Ritesh tells me. But Diwali and Christmas fall in the same quarter, so won't the promos of the two films create confusion in the minds of the viewer? "I don't think so. Both belong to different genres, so there's no question of overlapping," he clarifies.
    http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2011/01/04/15150/index.html

2. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

RT @anubhavsinha
    Thank you all for your still flowing response... Really... From the bottom of my HEART..... :) Monday onwards the work on trailers starts.
    [ http://twitter.com/anubhavsinha/status/22166068957020160 ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I guess Ra.One is releasing sooner than what everyone is thinking....Anubhav tweeted about the trailer already!! I have a feeling its releasing in June,July or August. Lets see now! But Trailer now already? makes me excited! If Ra.One releases early then these two films are not going to clash!

3. kotsheno

kotsheno Well-Known Member

yeah@ Anshula The same sense,I hope to release the film as soon as
    But no one knows the real release date for the film
    I hope to hear a date for the release of the film from Shah Rukh Khan soon

4. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

even i think so. June would be ideal for the indian audience since its summer vacation :D

5. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

OMG! The viewers are not that stupid!!! (Only the journos are, apparently... :rolleyes:)

6. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

lmao katja :pound:

7. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

i want both movies this year thats all i care about :D

8. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

katja:p :pound:

August 11 will be a good date too....

9. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

AW: Will 'Don 2' shift ahead?

Don 2 arrives Dec 23rd as scheduled. Take care of yourselves and hope to chat longer the next time. Bye for now.

http://twitter.com/#!/FarOutAkhtar

Oh no, 23 december isn`t a good time.Berlinale that`s great!

10. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

"so won't the promos of the two films create confusion in the minds of the viewer? "

If Don suddenly turns electric blue and pops out of my computer, yes I may get confused. Otherwise...hhhmm :rolleyes: .... I think I might be able to work it out. :confused2: :lol:

:( at the Christmas release. I know its ok in India, but for Christmas-celebrating countries :tsk: Shopping, cooking, house-cleaning, house guests..... no way to sneak off time and time again to watch a movie. :(

11. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

boxing day though chris a day or two after christmas watching a movie with family would be good na?

12. danshula

hmmm..Chris has a point but I think the producers and movie ppl will more take and think it more for the Indian audience rather than the Worldwide audience, because they have to target the Indian audience first. And I think Christmas is a fab period to release a movie. Its holidays time and everyone will go to watch it for entertainment with family. (Just my opinion)

13. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Of course! And I hope it pays dividends for them. :D: I

I'm just saying it doesn't suit me and probably a few others in my situtuation -no I guess they are not going to reschedule for poor, old Chris! I will probably get to see it once, but not 5 times as I did with MNIK (sorely deprived!:lol:)

14. danshula

lol..Chris :hug:
    Here also its Boxing week and Christmas, I think i will be able to watch it as our family doesnt celebrate christmas so it should be good :)
    Lets see and just hope for the best! :thumb: