Why I love SRK !

Discussion in 'Oldies But Goldies **HOT**' started by ibtesam, Feb 5, 2006.

1. ibtesam

ibtesam Well-Known Member

Why I love SRK !

he King Khan is capable of almost everything. Can turn an atheist into a believer as Prerna Singh Bindra finds out .

don't love Shah Rukh Khan. Not in the manner most of India does. The garment-tearing, hair-pulling frenzy that women (and sometimes men too) are reduced to when the loved one is in vicinity.

Not to say that I am unaffected. He is after all King Khan, the brightest star of India etc. I liked him as the endearing lover in Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman, found his Kkkkkiran grating, didn't appreciate his dumb loverboy act with Madhuri in Koyla but would have given my right arm - and leg - to have a suitor like Raj of DDLJ. I must admit I almost lost my heart to the NRI SRK wrapping himself in a mundu in Swades, then reminded myself it was a film. Not real. Make-believe.

My take on SRK was pragmatic - crowd magnet, entertainer, cute and defiantly romantic star, who struck lucky.

Then I met 'Him' in his kingdom, a lovely heritage home by the sea. A solid two hours of vintage SRK. And perception shifted, life changed.

If I were Freud, I would say that it was SRK's first role of a girl (while he was in school) that granted him the insight into a woman's mind. That women will give up diamonds and biceps for a man, who listens, not grunts in reply while watching Serena Williams play. That women love it when you talk to us, not to our breasts.

He doesn't leer, he smiles. Genuinely. Dimples et al. If I am truthful, his SA (Sex Appeal, stupid) rests in that well-defined cleft that groove his cheek.

So, why do women love you, Shah Rukh, I ask? Is that a well thought of plan to win over half the Indian audience and market? "No," he grins emphatically.

He just loves them. "I respect their emotional intelligence and strength," he explains. The man replies intently, as if the answer is all that matters. As if the person he is talking to is the only one who matters. "You know even in college I never hung around and ogled babes. You must know the type," he says and then, demonstrates for effect. Leans back, white Superman T-shirt stretched tight over newly-pumped muscles, smirks, and then leers obscenely. The ugliness of the moment disappears in his laughter, the actor is gone, and the man takes over. "Never did that," he vouches.

Women are mom, sister, wife, and friends. Like Kajol and Juhi. "Who talk to me, tell me their problems. And whatever they might do, I can't get angry with women. You have to seek their forgiveness later," he says. Hello, is that a man talking? And no, this is no inference on the much-whispered sexual preferences of SRK, either. Just shocked since I am sure that words like forgiveness and respect were anathema to the male ego.

Then comes the clincher. He leans forward, his voice animated. Like his hair, spilling all over, as though he forgot to visit the stylist. The gray strands stand out. Undisguised and visible to all. Most stars I met, let alone one who is Bollywood's best ambassador (excuse me, Big cool.gif would never allow such utter folly, especially in the presence of a camera. No makeup, too. That's another point in the actor's favour, most interviews are delayed as the stars touch up their faces. Ugh! SRK, of course, was precisely on time.

But I deviate. Happens, when you are seated next to Mr Khan. Especially when he is saying that he is as vulnerable as any man next to a beautiful women - he gets attracted.

I do not exactly remember what he said next; my mind was too numb to take notes. Suffice to say I was charmed, even more so when he adds he did not believe in quick alliances, momentary pleasure was too high a price to pay for peace. He loves his wife and kids. Not ad verbatim but words to this effect. I would not have been more impressed if he had got down on his knees and proposed or climbed through a window (remember Rani in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai?) to whisper sweet nothings. They don't make men like them anymore, those who vow by their wives and talk fidelity. Either the man is a damn good actor or I am a fool. Or maybe, just maybe, he is just saying the truth.

Shah Rukh is tough to grab, this meeting came by after over an year's toil, but once you have him, he is entirely yours. He worries about your comfort, is concerned that my coffee should be "just so". "I don't think she likes the coffee. It's too milky. I shall teach you how to brew it," he tells his man Friday. Wow, SRK in the kitchen! Will wonders never cease?

There's more. He has a room full (well, almost) of books. I wish I had the time to linger or browse, but the fact he has them points to his intellectual prowess. And he has two dogs - Dash and Hulk. One of them, a benign Labrador, waddles over to SRK and they exchange greetings. In my book, if a man likes dog, I like the man.

Aryan and Suhana come out to play. Suhana hugs dad, says a quick hello to us then rushes ahead, exuberant. Aryan seats himself next to papa and shows a deep interest in the interview. SRK's answers amuse him, some reveal an unknown facet. "Daddy, who didn't want to sign you?" he quips, unbelieving, when SRK talks about an incident when the director didn't give him a film. The father is patient in his answers. But when Aryan interrupts too often (or so SRK thinks) he tells the child to run off and play, while he attends to the guests. He talks about his films, his parents, life as a star, politics, family and home.

Then Suhana wants his attention and he is with her 100 per cent. Their faces close together, he reassuringly whispers secrets in her ear, shutting us, the outsiders, out. For then it is just he and his daughter.

So do I love SRK? I won't still tear my hair out and work myself up in frenzy, but let's just say I wouldn't say no either.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. sanaaaz

sanaaaz srk&gauri

not now . but he is angel .
    i love srk & gauri(family)

4. shahboo

shahboo New Member

i think he continues to be the darling of the massess because he makes you feel important and wanted for the time he spends with you.

5. SRK's FAN

SRK's FAN srk rocks my WORLD

WHY I LOVE SRK...

BEACAUSE HE IS HOTT, SWEET, FUNNY, WONDERFUL DANCER, WONDERFUL SINGER, WONDERFUL ACTOR, & HAS A WONDERFUL BODY

i love.........
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan

4RM: SAMANTHA XIONG ~ShahRukh Khan'S BIGGEST FAN~

2: MY SUPER HERO AND THE GUY WHO ROCKS MY UNIVERSE
    (ShahRukh Khan) I REALLY LOVE ShahRukh Khan

ShahRukh Khan IS MY SUPER HERO

I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan
    I LOVE ShahRukh Khan

I REALLY LOVE ShahRukh Khan

I CAN WRITE HIS NAME FOR DAYS

ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan
    ShahRukh Khan

i love ShahRukh Khan
    i love ShahRukh Khan
    i love ShahRukh Khan

i love ShahRukh Khan because he is hott, cute, funny, and he rocks my world thats why!!!!!:heart:

4rm:samantha xiong ~ShahRukh Khan's biggest fan~

why i love ShahRukh Khan...
    i love ShahRukh Khan because he is good at every thing that i also engoy doing

4rm: samntha xiong ~ShahRukh Khan's biggest fan~
    2: ShahRukh Khan (the guy who rocks my world)<3

6. SRK'z-#1

SRK'z-#1 New Member

HE IS THE BEST..THATS WHY!

Why isn't my avatar working..its keeps on saying its too big..but its not!..someone help :(

7. srk-nihal

srk-nihal Winning Hearts

How Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!! :eek: I just love this man, he is UNIQUE and makes me feel very proud.
    Thanks Ibtesam

8. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

i love him because his my idol he is a great person his honest he is what he is and did everything to get into bollywood himself everything about him is perfect his like a brother for me na more than that i love him my dream is to meet him and spend time with him so i can talk to him and get to know him personally his the best i love you shahrukh

9. GemaSRK

GemaSRK Well-Known Member

Why I love him because his very amazing his handsome:) and his also have good heart:heart: :heart: :heart: like angel.I LOVE YOU SRK.

10. Nisha_SRK

Nisha_SRK Ullu-Club-Member

"As if the person he is talking to is the only one who matters"

I've read this sentence in so many articles about him... Anyone who has had even a minute of conversation with him says that he makes you feel important to him even if you've just met him.. He truly is a charmer...! :heart:

11. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

a rare n almost extinct "creature" :D
    he's beautiful inside n out...that's why he's unresistable

12. srkaj0l1

srkaj0l1 [L] KabirKhan..

why i love srk?.. why not to love srk?:D..
    srk is just a Perfect human being.. a perfect star!
    he has everything that an star needs.. he shows the love for his fans he is great! he has not like other stars attitude.. he is just srk everywhere. totally not fake..
    he can act superr!!!! he has a great sence of humour! and he is a lovely friend to his friends..

reasons enough to LOVE him..:heart:

MASALLAH!

13. marogi_8

marogi_8 Mariana R.G.

From the first time that I saw, I loved it. Master its performance, its personality, its paper of father and husband; master everything what has to do with shahrukh, specially its smile and its ojitos.

14. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

I like to read the confesions of people won over by his charm. One starts reluctant and then, a flash of a dimpled smile later, is completely taken with the guy. :D :love:

15. hunny

hunny New Member

:heart:I LOVE SHAHRYKH BECAUSE HE IS THE BEST IN THE WORL,HE IS SO NICE SO HANDSOM AND HE IS A LOLLIPE FOR ME AND HE IS IN MY HEART 4 EVER 7 EVER:heart:

16. hunny

hunny New Member

Just Srk

17. Zoe

Zoe New Member

I love Shahrukh, because he has best
    qualities man can have.
    He is smart, kind, beautiful and has
    inimitable sens of humor.
    And most important he is very responsible with every deed and word. I don't just love him, I am in love with him! Me Jew , but my love to him and my belief in him so strong,
    that I could agree(only in his case)
    become his second wife.:D :tape:
    :crazy: It's crazy love!:crazy:

18. Pyaar84

Pyaar84 SRK-addicted

AW: Re: Why I love SRK !

I love SRK because of SRK :heart:

19. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing

20. ShahRukh's Jungli Billi

ShahRukh's Jungli Billi Shahrukh's JungliBilli

ok here's my reasons why i love Shahrukh...

he has brought so many wonderful people into my life that i would not have known existed if i had not seen Kuch kuch Hota Hai 6 years ago in guyana.. I came home and had to search everything about him,. since then, he's my inspiraration and my life. he's an amazing human being with so many wonderful gifts he doesnt know he has or posess.. he's my angel in disguise... luv ya shahrukh... hugs...

21. Chantal.B

Chantal.B New Member

Why do I love SRK ?...

Throuht his films, he is the one who help me make me feel as a human being.

Untill then, I was thinking to be a stoneheart. Don't misunderstand me ! I have no problem in my life... People appreciate me a lot, I have a lot of friends, I have a marvellous boyfriend... but I was feeling empty inside.
    It is just that somehow I cannot express all the feelings trapped inside me and this turned me breathless...

First movie I've seen with SRk was "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai", then "DDLJ", then New York Masala... it was a revelation to me. I've cried (20 years it wasn't happen to me !), smiled, laughed...

For all the emotions, I would like deeply thank SRK... He is the only one who make me feel entirely alive emotionaly. It helps a lot in my relationship.

Of course, he is handsome, charming... I do not forget all this. I know him only by his movies but through interview and articles I've read, he is an attractive person with noble motto and way of live. A good example to follow.

Moreover, he is really a great actor. He likes taking risk and can act very various types of character.

Yes... he is the person I admire and respect the most (with my companion of course)... and when you feel this feelings for someone, it is always not far from love and devotion :)

All I am dreaming of now is to meet him to tell him this in person.

Chantal.B from France