1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

" When I release a film , That should be a Festival

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by mumbiene, Aug 23, 2014.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Bvt9N6tCAAIDGvI.jpg large.jpg
    I don't release films on festivals, my film's release is a festival: Shah Rukh Khan
    Shalvi Mangaokar, Hindustan Times Mumbai, August 22, 2014

Festivals and blockbuster Bollywood films seem to go hand in hand. So much so that producers of big-budget films scamper for release dates around occasions like Diwali, Christmas and Eid as much as a year-and-a-half in advance. Case in point, there is already one major film lined up for release around Christmas 2015.

[​IMG]
    Shah Rukh Khan (AFP Photo)
    Shah Rukh Khan’s films are no exception to this rule: his last film, Chennai Express, released during Eid last year. His next, directed by Farah Khan, is also slated for a Diwali release. However, ask SRK about this phenomenon, and that Diwali is seen as his preferred release date (Om Shanti Om, 2007, and Jab Tak Hai Jaan, 2012, released around Diwali) he rubbishes it, saying, “No, it’s not my slot. As a matter of fact, I’ve stopped releasing films on festivals. I always tell everyone, ‘When I release a film, that should be a festival.’”

The actor goes on to call the preference for festival release dates “stupid”, adding that, “Eid mein namaz padhte hain; Diwali mein puja karte hain (you read the namaz during Eid, and you pray during Diwali). [Now] it’s become all about releasing a film on a date… It’s so strange.”

SRK signs off by saying that if he had it his way, he’d “release a film the day it’s completed. Whoever wants to come, come, whoever doesn’t want to come, don’t come.” - See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/enter...e1-1255130.aspx#sthash.z3bA2UQE.fE2H5aXt.dpuf

Krisi_love_SRK and rubyroo thank this.
  2. Krisi_love_SRK

Krisi_love_SRK Well-Known Member

and it is like ferstival for his fans :cheer2: and tragedy for his hatters."""Ooo not again":pound::pound:

3. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

Its true