1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

When I direct SRK and Kajol I’m doing my best work - KARAN JOHAR

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by srkadz, Feb 5, 2009.

1. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

Re: SRK is ready to direct: Karan

How was it directing Shah Rukh and Kajol again?
    I am blessed to have them in my film. I don't know what it's about them. It's just magic. They build an inexplicable energy on screen. They instinctively understand each other's acting. When I direct a scene with Shah Rukh and Kajol I know I'm doing my best work. These two characters in My Name Is Khan HAD to be SRK and Kajol.

How was Shah Rukh?
    Time and again I'm blown away by Shah Rukh. How can he think of so many things about his character when he has so much on his plate? He
    has done monumental research on his autistic character. I was zapped by how much he knew on the subject. And he brought all the knowledge on the sets without any strain. He had written reams of notes on how he wanted to interpret his character. And to him it was no big deal for him. He's ready to direct a film any time. He will be outstanding at it.

i just love reading about what karan says about shah!!!!!!!!! :love::love:

His understanding of human nature and emotions can never be matched by me.
    haiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!! :heart::heart:

2. nadee_7

nadee_7 Active Member

Haiiiiiiiiii! I love Karan!!!!
    sweetoo!

3. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

SRK is going to be superb in MNIK :D :madgrin: cant wait!
    and i would prefer SRK in front of the camera forever rather than behind

4. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

I love karan too, and the fact that he doesn't direct films without shahrukh in them makes me respect him more, I like their friendship.

5. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

about shahrukh directing, I think if he did, many other directors will have to quit their jobs.

6. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

His understanding of human nature and emotions can never be matched by me.
    hoooooooye hoye!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

7. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

:mmph: I'd prefer it if he compared the movie to CDI - that was an outstanding movie with no lip-sync songs.

:rolleyes: SRK said time and again he has no interest in directing, but looks like nobody listens to him.

8. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Great interview. I like Karan too!

9. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

Shahrukh is not ready to direct and he said that is a lonely job but maybe down the line he will...who knows

anyway if he did, he will do an AMAZINGGGGGGG job
    cause he know how to direct, he help out karan a lot in his films with scenes and all

10. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

just adding this here.. since it's mnik related.

My place for coffee, Karan?
    8 Jul 2009, 0000 hrs IST, TNN

Karan Johar, who is in the US finishing My Name is Khan, with Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol is in for a pleasant surprise every single evening.

After pack up, if the filmmaker-television anchor decides to take a walk, he finds himself being mobbed by the Asian community. What’s more, besides taking photographs with him, all of them have the same request — ‘May we have coffee with you?’ they ask a surprised Karan, who has to refuse all their invitations because he can’t stomach too much coffee.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bollywood/My-place-for-coffee-Karan/articleshow/4749085.cms

11. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

oh WOW
    "he can't stomach too much coffee" but still his show is call Coffee with Karan lol