1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

What stars say about Srk

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Pakiza, Apr 13, 2006.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Sohum Shah
    Shah Rukh Khan was the reason I became an actor:
    “Shah Rukh Khan was the reason I became an actor (laughs), its true. I come from a small village near Rajasthan called Shri Ganganagar. Where I am from films have a huge influence on people. When the film Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge released it was a time of modernization, India was changing as a nation. Before that we hadn’t seen leather jackets and beer in cans. It was a dreamlike film,” he said.

Continuing, “Shah Rukh was so charming in that film, every guy aspired to be like him. More than becoming an actor, it was a wave amongst youngsters to be like Shah Rukh Khan. DDLJ left a mark on me somewhere deep subconsciously, I was quite young then. It was there at the back of my mind that someday maybe I’ll pursue acting.”
    http://www.filmicafe.co/celebrity_i..._was_the_reason_I_became_an_actor:_Sohum_Shah

roger, Alenka and Mara thank this.
  2. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

SRK deserves an Oscar, says Paulo Coelho
    Share on Facebook:SRK deserves an Oscar, says Paulo Coelho Share on Twitter:SRK deserves an Oscar, says Paulo Coelho Share on google plus:SRK deserves an Oscar, says Paulo Coelho Make Favourite:Share on google plus:SRK deserves an Oscar, says Paulo Coelho
    [​IMG]
    Views 333
    By Team Biscoot | Oct 6,2015,12:10 PM IST

It seems that the charm of the King Khan is just not limited to the movie buffs across the globe. SRK has managed to woo one of the greatest authors in today's times. The famous Brazilian novelist Paulo Coelho took to Twitter and Facebook to express his love for our B-town superstar Shah Rukh Khan, appreciating him for his 2008 film 'My Name Is Khan'. We learnt that on a request from the author back in August, SRK took out time to send him some of his best movie DVD's. On receiving them this morning, Paulo posted on his FB page “Thank you for this wonderful Monday morning gift, Shah Rukh Khan! Now I have to decide where to start. Sending you a special editions of some of of my books.”

What followed next was another tweet from the ace author which read, “His fist (and only) movie that I watched (this year, even if it was released in 2008) was "My name is Khan". And not only was the movie excellent, but SRK deserved an Oscar if Hollywood was not manipulated. He kindly offered to send the other titles - as you probably guess, it is not easy to find them in Switzerland.”
    We are definitely sure that receiving such a beautiful compliment from Paulo Coelho must have made SRK's day.
    http://www.biscoot.com/news/bollywo...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

roger, nika, Mara and 2 others thanked this.
  3. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

He's obviously an intelligent and discerning man. Yes, srk deserved world-wide recognition for MNIK.

roger, Mara and Rishima62 thank this.
  4. mumbiene

Shah Rukh is my idol, says ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded’ winner Faisal Khan
    “Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Reloaded” winner Faisal Khan says he looks up to Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan and wants to have a career like him. (Read: Small screen’s ‘Maharana Pratap’ Faisal Khan wins ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded’)

The 16-year-old Mumbai-based performer won the title after beating celebrities like Shamita Shetty, Mohit Malik and Sanaya Irani. He won a cash prize of Rs 30 lakhs and a SUV.

“Shah Rukh sir is my idol. From being a normal boy, who started his career with TV, to becoming the King of Bollywood, he has proved that a normal person can reach the peak of success with hardwork and sincerity. I shook a leg with him once but if I get a chance I would like to dance with him on ‘Chaiyya Chaiyya’ and ‘Bas Itna Sa Khawaab Hai’,” Faisal told PTI after winning the Colors show.

- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/en...faisal-khan/?SocialMedia#sthash.c8L2hhQ4.dpuf

roger and Mara thank this.
  5. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan is God’s child: Kavita Kaushik
    One man who has held Kavita Kaushik's attention for being a real actor and human being, it is none other than Shah Rukh Khan.

That’s exactly what Kavita Kaushik said at the launch of her new TV show, ‘Fakebook with Kavita.’ At the launch of the show which will showcase the fakeness and hypocrisy that exists in Indian society, Kavita spoke about fake friendships that exist in the glamour world. While the actress finds many fake, one man who has held her attention for being a real actor and human being, it is none other thanShah Rukh Khan.

“SRK comes from humble beginnings. He has struggled a lot. From the little interaction I have had with him, I have realised that when he opens his arms in films, it’s so real that the universe gives it back to him. He embraces the whole universe and the universe embraces him back. That’s why he is so successful. Before hugging anyone, he doesn’t see whether the person is big or small,” said Kavita Kaushik, who is remembered for her portrayal of Chandramukhi Chautala in ‘FIR.’

Recollecting her own interaction with King Khan, Kavita said: “When I spoke to him, he made me feel I am a bigger star than him. He is God’s child and universe’s child. The more he opens his arms for people, the more love he gets back.”

However when asked aboutSalman Khanand whether she finds him to be a real person, Kavita chose to evade the query.

http://indianexpress.com/article/en.../shah-rukh-khan-is-gods-child-kavita-kaushik/

roger, Dea, rollercoast and 1 other person say thanks.
  6. mumbiene

SRK wants 'Fan' to be tightly edited: Namrata Rao
    October 23, 2015
    fter bagging the National Award for Best Editor for 'Kahaani', film editor Namrata Rao, who is now a part of Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Fan' says the superstar wants his film to be 'tightly edited'.

"I have edited 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' as well. Shah Rukh still makes fun of me by saying, 'You have not chopped anything from Jab Tak Hai Jaan but do edit 'Fan' nicely. Make it very tight'." says the proud editor.

Considered as one of the most promising scissor-happy hands in the industry, Namrata is also a big fan girl of our King Khan.

Sharing her fan moment, she quips, "I am Huge SRK fan. When I entered the film industry, my one dream was to dance with the King Khan and my that dream was accomplished on the wrap-up party of 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' where I danced with Shah Rukh to the song 'Chhaiya chhaiya'. Now I can take retirement," she laughed.
    http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/343647/srk-wants-fan-be-tightly-edited-namrata-rao

roger, Mara and Alenka thank this.
  7. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

What a lovely observation. :)
    I guess this is the quality that us millions of fans feel, even from thousands of kiloMeters away. We are drawn to His love and goodness.

roger, Dea and Mara thank this.
  8. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Wonderful to hear! Fan is shaping up nicely.

9. srkjuhi

srkjuhi Well-Known Member

That bit about Shahrukh telling her that she hasn't chopped anything from JTHJ cracked me up....it's so true! :p JTHJ was quite long.

10. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan and I miss each other: Deepika Padukone
    PTI, Mumbai Updated: Nov 09, 2015 15:20 IST

Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone may have three films together but she says she misses being a part of superstar’s films off late.
    Deepika, 29, made her Bollywood debut opposite SRK in Om Shanti Om and went on to work with him in Chennai Express and last year’s Diwali release Happy New Year.
    “I think there is a very pure equation that we share. More than anything, I think we miss each other. I miss being a part of some of the films he has done off late and I miss being around him on set,” Deepika told reporters at the poster launch of Mastani from her upcoming Bajirao Mastani.
    The Sanjay Leela Bhansali- directed period-drama, which also stars Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra, will clash with Shah Rukh-Kajol starrer Dilwale on December 18.
    Recently, Shah Rukh had said that Deepika was his lucky charm and wished some of her luck rubs on him too for his upcoming release Dilwale.
    When asked about this, the Piku star said, “That’s him being kind and very, very generous that he always is. When Om Shanti Om and Chennai Express did well he has in more ways than one given me the credit for that. He is someone who is very fond of me as I am of him.”
    Deepika, however, is unfazed of the clash and is confident that the Rohit Shetty-directed film is going to be “massive.”
    “I am sure Dilwale is going to be a massive film. It has amazingly talented people in it, who have worked equally hard the way we have worked in our film. If the film does well, I don’t think it has to do anything with my luck, it is because of their talent and hard work.”
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/bolly...ka-padukone/story-fXlUxNX2RPEMY1Ty1AdnsO.html

roger and mumbiene thank this.
  11. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

SRK-Kajol’s chemistry is beyond ‘palangtod’: Ranbir Kapoor
    ANI, New Delhi Updated: Nov 19, 2015 14:01 IST
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/bolly...nbir-kapoor/story-DLdOYliiL1jwuTHhpx1VHM.html
    "After Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone called Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol’s chemistry beyond ‘palangtod’ at an event, SRK sent out a sweet message to the duo. When Ranbir and Deepika were asked to comment on their comparison with the DDLJ couple during the promotion of Tamasha, Ranbir said, “We are surely waiting for Dilwale. Their chemistry is beyond palangtod.”
    Replying to his comment, the 50-year-old actor said in a statement, “Ranbir and Deepika are amazing. It is too sweet of them to say that about my chemistry with Kajol. We don’t know whether it is palangtod, ghar tod aur khidki tod! I don’t know how is their chemistry. Whether they break palang or no, I don’t know!”
    While Ranbir-Deepika’s Tamasha is all set to release on November 27, SRK-Kajol’s Dilwale will hit the theatres on December 18."

Would someone explain this please? Google translate says palang tod means bed breaking, and ghar tod aur khidki tod means house breaking and break window. Is something lost in translation? Is "bed breaking" what Amitabh Bachchan says he is going to show Abhishek how to do in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna ? :redface:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  12. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

We know Malala Yusafzai's philanthropic side well — but do we know her Bollywood preferences? We do now! And it turns out the young activist has a soft spot for Shah Rukh Khan. "I think Shah Rukh Khan possesses some kind of a Midas touch. Whatever he does is absolutely perfect. I love all the films that I have seen of him, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge being an all-time favourite," shared Malala in an interview with Times of India.

http://images.dawn.com/news/1174293

mumbiene, Tash and Mara thank this.
  13. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

"Look what Emraan Hashmi has to say about Shah Rukh Khan's romance"
    "Emraan Hashmi is going through a phase in his career where most of his films have failed to work at the box-office. But his charm as a romantic hero refuses to die. Before his next film hits the screen, the actor has surprised his fans with a video song, 'Main rahoon ya na rahoon,' wherein he shares screen space with Esha Gupta. At the launch of the song, the 'serial kisser' was asked as to how his brand of romance is different from that of Shah Rukh Khan and he said, "In a Shah Rukh Khan film, to culminate the love it takes two hours... In my film it takes two minutes. In his films, it takes time to get the girl, while in my films there is no waiting around."
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...nteresting-statements/photostory/49958943.cms

14. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

Shah Rukh Khan should do Breaking Bad, feels Anushka Sharma

''I am really happy that Shah Rukh is doing FAN. It looks different and I know what the film is about because Maneesh is a friend, so I am like amazed. I told him that it’s great that you are doing it. It’s amazing that you are doing it because I actually want to see Shah Rukh like that. For me, it’s different. You should be doing something like Breaking Bad kind of thing. Because that is what I would like to see him doing.”

http://www.india.com/showbiz/shah-rukh-khan-should-do-breaking-bad-feels-anushka-sharma-750500/

Mara says thanks.
  15. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

Why Shashank Vyas is a Shah Rukh Khan fan?

January 4, 2016 Resham Sengar 1051 reads 0 comments

[​IMG]

Not even the beauties of TV, but also the men from Showbiz are a fan of SRK. Ask why, and here’s whatBalika Vadhu fame actor Shashank Vyas says, "I like his energy level. He has earned a lot of popularity and recognition by his own talent and performance. Without having any Godfather, today he is a super star. His hard work has paid off. He has achieved everything by his own efforts and he is very passionate about his work."

Shashank also considers Shah Rukh his inspiration. He reveals, "I grew up watching Shah Rukh Khan's films. The most interesting part of his acting is he gives his energy in his role and takes that to a different level." Shashank has seen Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge more than ten times and few of his favourites are Chak De India and Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman.

Recently, a fan of Shashank posted a picture of him and Shah Rukh together in one frame. "It’s a good gesture from a fan's side. Too early for me to be compared with Shah Rukh Khan; but yes I feel honoured,” he says.

Shashank hopes to meet the Baadshah one day. And talking about his plans on films he tells, "Yes I would like to do films. I would do a realistic and socially relevant topic."

Speaking more words in SRK’s honour, Shashank says, "Shahrukh Khan turned 50 and yet he is so energetic and his films are awaited. His zeal and enthusiasm are unparalleled. He has the charisma and art to win hearts. He is blessed and perfect!”

http://www.pinkvilla.com/tv/scoops/347478/why-shashank-vyas-shah-rukh-khan-fan

16. mumbiene

Why Shashank Vyas adores Shah Rukh Khan
    By The Hitlist Team |Posted 05-Jan-2016
    Commenting on that Shashank says,"I like his energy level. He has earned a lot of popularity and recognition by his own talent and performance. Without have any Bollywood background today he is a super star. His hardwork has paid him off. He has achieved everything by his own and he is very passionate about his work." Shashank also consider Shah Rukh as his inspiration.

He adds,"I grew up watching Shah Rukh Khan's films, the most interesting part of his acting is he gives his energy in his role and take that to a different level." Shashank has seen 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' more than ten times and few of his favourites are 'Chak De India', 'Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman'.

Recently one of Shashank's fan posted a picture of him and Shah Rukh's together in one frame. "Its a good gesture from a fan's side. Too early for me to get compared with Shah Rukh Khan, but yes I feel honoured."

Shashank hopes to meet Badshah one day. And talking about his plans on films he tells,"Yes I would like to do films, I would do a realistic and socially relevant topic when it comes to movies." Shashank adds, "Shah Rukh Khan turned 50 and yet he is so energetic and his films are awaited. His zeal and enthusiasm are unparalleled. He has the charisma and art to win hearts. He is blessed and perfect"

- - See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/why...-shah-rukh-khan/16833181#sthash.whQmdksQ.dpuf

roger and Mara thank this.
  17. mumbiene

roger, Mara and Alenka thank this.
  18. Wow,

All praises, for SRK , nothing like it ,, I guess we should start a thread for other actors too.

19. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

well what he is trying to say is shahrukhs romantic films are traditional and family oriented whereas his films are vulgar and a lot of steamy scenes which helps him at the box office aswell

Mara says thanks.
  20. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Are Shah Rukh Khan and Ranveer Singh Bollywood's next BFF?
    The "Dilwale"-"Bajirao Mastani" clash may have sparked rumours of a possible rift between Shah Rukh Khan and Ranveer Singh, but they seem to be pretty chilled out and from the looks of it, could be the next BBF of B-Town.

According to Miss Malini, after partying hard at Hrithik Roshan's 42nd birthday bash, the two drove to Mannat and apparently chatted for the next hour.
    The young star has always had high regards for Khan and was heard saying how it was unfair to compare them and their body of work. In one of his recent interviews with The Indian Express, Singh even went on to say that they have crazy fun when hanging out together.

"I was hanging out with him yesterday at Stardust awards. We hung out for a while and he is so humble and grounded. The way he used to meet me when I was a newcomer, he meets me the same way even today. There is equal warmth and love. We don't discuss films or performances. We talk random rubbish. I can't tell you what we spoke but I can say that Srk is a riot to be with," the leading daily quoted him as saying.

When the equation is this easy, chances of a rivalry automatically is thrown out of the window. But they are stars and hence gossips will follow them everywhere. According to a recent buzz, Singh was reported to have replaced SRK in an Anand L Rai film. However, the rumours were quashed later.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/are-shah-rukh-khan-ranveer-singh-bollywoods-next-bff-662875