1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

What Shahrukh film did you watch today?

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by Bridget, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Saw Hundred Foot Journey at theater when it came out, since it is not really a Indian movie, it was at the local theater. A wonderful movie definitely recommend. My grandson wanted to see HNY when he came for Christmas, so of course we all watched..are we doing a movie marathon anymore?

MaryAnnK, Mara and rubyroo thank this.
  2. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I would love to continue the Movie Marathon but I have gotten way behind lately. It takes me so long to get through a movie these days. I do want to start watching part of a Shah Rukh movie every evening again. I want to keep learning Hindi and the movies are a big help for that. I should be done with KANK in the next couple days and then I can get back on track with the marathon. Our next one is Ram Jaane- I'm ready for some vintage Shah Rukh! I hope @MaryAnnK will be starting a new thread for 2015: our current list is done in February.

MaryAnnK, Mara and Debbie thank this.
  3. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I saw "The One Hundred Foot Journey" when it came out in theaters, and was even able to get my son to watch it with me on TV for Thanksgiving. I sold it to him as a French movie in English, so he enjoyed it. He was dating a French girl at the time. She dumped him and now anything French is poison for him. I tried to read the book, but the movie was so much better, I quit about half way through. The movie put a focus on the celebration of good foods and cooking, especially of Indian herbs and spices, that was left out of the book. I also enjoyed "Monk with a Camera" in the theaters here, having visited the ashram where the monks were living in Karnataka on my first trip to India. I remember watching "City of Joy" when it first came out at the theaters. I then read the book, which was very Catholic biased, judgmental and depressing. It ruined the movie for me and Calcutta. Discovering Shah Rukh's movies later on revived my interest in India and the beauty of Bollywood movies.

MaryAnnK, Debbie and rubyroo thank this.
  4. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I really enjoyed the book of The One Hundred Foot Journey. Not perfect, but it developed the Helen Mirren character so much better.

rubyroo and Mara thank this.
  5. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Thanks for asking about the Movie Marathon! With this move, I have not found my DVDs for SRK films! :(
    I only have 5-6 available to me on Netflix which has me so sad right now. I am starving for SRK and listening to spoken Hindi!
    I will create the 2015 list and you can carry on. I will have to find a few more on iTunes and pay for them again!
    I have not forgotten you, just having a little difficulty right now. My internet is not the best here either! I have had problems logging on to our little Planet too.

Please bear with me for a little while as I get the bugs worked out. I can't go on like this!!! LOL I need my daily fix!

Debbie and rubyroo thank this.
  6. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Thanks MaryAnn. My son and his wife are visiting us right now so it's hard to have time for the marathon this week. I'll be getting back on track with everything next week. So sad about your movies. I hope you find them soon.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  7. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Thanks MaryAnn! Of all things to go missing! I have moved twice in the last couple of years and the movies went in my car with me...wouldn't trust the packers. Of course sometimes this is not possible....I have some extra copies...some that I have replaced with Blurays, if you want you can have them...last night I was putting mine back in order as they get all jumbled with us watching them..I couldn't find RaOne and almost died...the first movie of his I saw on the big screen and so important to me 'cause he put so much of himself in it...I had given my grandson the DVD and kept the BluRay....finally I found it! It had fallen behind the shelf! I can imagine how it must feel not to know where they are....:(

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  8. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

“My Week with Marilyn” I watched this movie last night on Netflix and thought others at Planet SRK would enjoy it. It’s not a movie specifically by or about Shah Rukh, except for my projection. It’s about a young man’s overwhelming crush on a charismatic movie star and his rare opportunity to share some special time with her. (Who hasn’t had that fantasy about Shah Rukh?)Being the SRK fan that I am, the electric enchantment that Marilyn Monroe radiated as a movie star is equally recognizable with SRK. Scene by scene I could imagine him there, late for shots, dancing, charming, but unlike her –thoroughly professional, more like Olivier/Branagh and Dench. Like SRK, her persona captured everyone’s imagination around her at that period of time and energized their life in a positive way like no one else. As a person, she had her insecurities and down periods, was very human, even frail. But when she “turned on” *Marilyn*, everyone around her was hit by a bomb of shakti. It helped me appreciate the powerful gift these rare people give to the world, especially….*Shah Rukh*.

rubyroo and Alenka thank this.
  9. Neeran

Neeran It's only us!

Paheli. This film is just so close to my heart! Simple folktale narrative yet such a deep bold message within. And didn't hurt to keep staring at SRK in this film...He is so beautiful in it.

rubyroo, Mara and Dea thank this.
  10. simran82

simran82 Member

Hi girls, new in the planet and totally loving it...just gonna watch rab ne bana di jodi..second time..in my laptop.. Watched it first time in theaters..2007 Nov I guess

rubyroo, Dea and Mara thank this.