1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

What Shahrukh film did you watch today?

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by Bridget, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" Love him in this movie.

But it's so odd....lately I can't seem to watch his movies much....just want to see the man as he is now!!
    He's just so perfect in real life.....

and his last few movies, while good, have just not been using his talent to the fullest. I too want a real story, not a popcorn and bubble gum tale....oh well Sunday morning wishes with my coffee....
    I just read what I wrote, I think the man has really influenced me in every way :) I love it!

rubyroo says thanks.
  2. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

out of his latest films, CE and maybe Ra.One haven't really required a lot of intricate acting, but both were a desire of his on another platform- a comedy and a superhero movie. but MNIK and Don 2 were superb! u can really see the core of his talent in them. JTHJ too in a more subtle way, but it's there alright!
    anyway his future films are said to be very demanding actingwise so can't wait! HNY i don;t know what to expect of apart from a huge entertainer!

rubyroo says thanks.
  3. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

He is so new to me that at this stage I'm amazed with every performance. Light comedy or serious drama, to me he IS the character. Some roles require more of his acting skills, but I love the physicality of his work. He give his all.

rubyroo says thanks.
  4. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I treasure every one of his movies. Each one reveals something of his marvelous talent and personality. I watched part of Oh Darling Ye Hai India last night- one that I wouldn't care a bit about if he wasn't in it. But he IS in it and I love his character and the fact that he is known only as "Hero" because he is my hero. As for the newer and future movies, I feel blessed enough with what we have already. I just want his movies to be successful because I want him to be happy and I want more people to know and appreciate him.

tasifa says thanks.
  5. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

He puts so much heart and honesty into his work that it should be all that it takes for his films to be successful. I too want him to be happy. I know that if a movie doesn't do well, he feels that he failed, that he didn't work hard enough, although every single actors he's ever worked with all say that he's the hardest working actor in the industry. So sad that he still doubt himself.

rubyroo says thanks.
  6. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

felt like watching bits of Chalte Chalte today :love:

rubyroo says thanks.
  7. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I finally watched the second half of King Uncle. I've never been able to get more than half way before but decided to take my courage in my hands and finish it.
    Oh dear! :lol: Srk is lovely but has such a small role. As for the rest of the film ...... :rolleyes:

rubyroo says thanks.
  8. rubyroo

It's not a very good remake of Annie, despite having Shah Rukh and Jackie Shroff in it.

I'm meandering through KHNH taking as many screen caps as my heart desires. After that's done I'm going to watch Trimurti.

rollercoast says thanks.
  9. Amber.K

Amber.K Well-Known Member

I will be starting KANK today..

rubyroo says thanks.
  10. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

have u seen it before? i just saw it yesterday again with mom. what treat! wrote more abt it in its special marathon thoughts thread

rubyroo says thanks.
  11. Amber.K

Amber.K Well-Known Member

@Dea yes I have but u know there are some movies of him...we can never get enough..its one of them.

rubyroo says thanks.
  12. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

who else agrees that KHNH is at least 10 times sadder than Devdas?

rubyroo says thanks.
  13. rubyroo

To me Devdas is the saddest because it's the story of a wasted life- that is real tragedy. In the book Chandramuki begged Devdas not to ruin his beautiful life. But he did anyway and nothing could be more heartbreaking.

KHNH is the story of a life well lived so it's joyful and uplifting even though there is sadness in it. It's just full of laughter and fun also.

I think though that Devdas is the most beautiful of all his movies. I love it very much.

14. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i agree Devdas is the most beautiful as well. but i don't find KHNH at all the way u see it. i think he suffered a lot to be so selfless as to make the woman he loved fall in love with her and his friend. it's just heartbreaking. i don't know.. it's different kind of sadness but it makes me cry forever whenever i watch it. Devdas is more tragic but u can't help but realize that it was ppl who got in the way of their love (including themselves) whereas in KHNH ... he was dying at there was nothing he could've done abt it. so sad.

rubyroo says thanks.
  15. rubyroo

I know, I cry buckets watching both. But Devdas is almost relentlessly sad. I laugh as much as I cry with KHNH. It's a delightful movie in so many ways.

16. Neeran

Neeran It's only us!

Anjaam. This should be considered a horror movie. SRK was such a creep...Brilliant acting.

rubyroo says thanks.
  17. rubyroo

He was extremely wicked in Anjaam. It's the closest I came to disliking his character in a movie. But I still like to watch it now and then. He was terrific In it and and so was Madhuri.

Rishima62 and Neeran thank this.
  18. rubyroo

I watched some non Shah Rukh things lately. I re-watched Marigold, a Hindi movie with Salman Khan. I realized while watching it that I truly have a deep love for Hindi films in general and I will never give up or forsake this love. I still plan to stick with Shah Rukh's movies- he is all I need. I like other Hindi stars but I only have room in my heart for just this one.

Then I got on a "Criminal Minds" spree. I watched most of Season One, but last night I became bored and quit. (The series is now on Season 10!!!) I marveled over the fact that I have watched over 50 Shah Rukh movies, each one multiple times and honestly never got bored once.

So now it's back to KANK. I'll be done with it one of these days!

19. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

My son refuses to watch Hindi films with me now, so we watched “The Interview” on Christmas day on GooglePlay. It had some funny but embarrassing to watch with family moments in what SRK would describe as cheap and vulgar. It reminded me why I didn’t like Hollywood films any more. It was nice to watch HNY again after my son left, fast forwarding over the heist episodes. The dance numbers and people interacting never cease to be funny and entertaining. I watched “Adi Shankaracharya” (1983), Monday, a movie in Sanscrit, and helped balance out all the shadow energy in the house left over from “The Interview”.

I started following Resul Pookutty during “RaOne” days and rediscovered his work watching “Highway”, “Ankhon Dekhi”, which led to “Liv and Ingmar”. He does the most amazing sound mixing and design and won an Academy Award for his work in “Slumdog”. I remember enjoying the sounds in "Gandhi My Father", "Saawariya" and "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" before I knew it was his work. His movies really sound like you’re on the streets of Delhi or Mumbai with the subtle native culture. They capture the nighttime silences of rural India with wafting distant songs and the gorgeous nature sounds of the Himalayas. The detail is such a joy to hear. I feel like I am right in the middle of a very specific part of India. It made me realize I have to upgrade my TV sound system to fully appreciate his genius. I hope Red Chilies works with him again in the future. I’m going to watch all his available movies again once my 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound system is up and running. I don’t know if HNY has available streaming 5.1 sound, asked the question on their website, but never received a response. My parents began to lose their hearing in their seventies, so I probably only have a few years left to enjoy this sort of thing. Adding a sound system to my TV is more affordable than another trip to India.

20. rubyroo

I watched a few Holywood movies with my sister during Christmas. (She also won't watch Hindi movies.) We watched ones we would both enjoy which were chick flicks like While You Were Sleeping- just sweet gentle movies- I wish there were more of them. (We had none of that shadow energy to dispel after!)

We saw a really nice one with an Indian family in it called The One Hundred Foot Journey. I recommend it highly. It was about a young Indian man who moved to France with his family and became a chef. His mom was Juhi Chawla (in a short cameo appearance) and his dad was Om Puri, who played Malik in the Don movies.

Those Resul Pookutty movies sound interesting. Another Western movie about India I saw a few years back (before I started watching Hindi movies) was City of Joy with Patrick Swayzee and also Outsourced. Both added to the interest I have felt in India since I was a teenager.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Mara says thanks.