1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

What Shahrukh film did you watch today?

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by Bridget, Apr 3, 2008.

1. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I so agree with you about both Main Hoon Naa and Darr. They are great favorites of mine. And I also despise the ending where a pathetic mentally ill person was mocked.

Something interesting- my granddaughter just loves Shah Rukh but she has only made it through a handful of his movies. She loves both Main Hoon Na and OSO, Although she can never get over her extreme sadness for the death of Shanti. Both of my grandchildren completely adore Duplicate.

Karan#1 and MaryAnnK thank this.
  2. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

Just watched Dil Se for the first time and was blown away (no pun intended!) by Shahrukh's performance. Loved the story, how his character evolved during the course of the movie. I just love how physical he is. He gives his 200% in fight scenes. But he can also be so still and convey a myriad of emotions with his body. In the scene where he told Meghna what he likes and dislikes most, when they are just joined by their foreheads, I was just listening to his breathing, you can feel the emotion through his breathing.

Aside from Chaiyya Chaiyya, two dances stood out for me...the part with the red tube sheet, it was erotic without being vulgar. And of course the dance with Preity....I just love when he wears ear rings. It reminded me of Asoka. Gorgeous.....

To me this movie was quite different from what I've seen of Shahrukh so far and it just proves how versatile an actor he is. Really really loved it.

Another check on my list....

Neeran, Dea and rubyroo thank this.
  3. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

Dil Se is one of my top 5 :heart: it's just so unique and different from any other film. i absolutely love it. i'm in love with all the songs too, Rahman is a genius! also i find the lyrics extremely poetic. so glad u finally saw it and liked it so much, Lise darling :hug:

rubyroo says thanks.
  4. tasifa

I will have to watch Devdas soon....i guess....I don't know why, I'm kind of scared to watch it...lol...Remember when you pushed me to watch Veer-Zaara? It took me some times but boy was it worth it!

Dea says thanks.
  5. rubyroo

I also love Dil Se very much. I listen to the music almost every day and "Ai Ajnabe" is my favorite song. I learned it by heart and made this translation.
    image.jpg

Baree, Dea, niloofari and 1 other person say thanks.
  6. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i can totally understand ur reluctance yaar. it's no news that it's a sad film. but extremely beautiful and i absolutely love it :heart: watch it when u feel like it. i think that having watched Dil Se and Veer Zaara u are ready for Devdas!

7. tasifa

In honor of HAPPY NEW YEAR Trailer launch...and despite the fact that I still have a lot of Shahrukh movies I haven't seen yet, I'm rewatching Main Hoon Na and Om Shanti Om.

rubyroo says thanks.
  8. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Me too! :lol:

tasifa says thanks.
  9. Amber.K

Amber.K Well-Known Member

Just finished watching DEEWANA...being one of the earliest film it was good..we are somewhat now used to a different kind of environment/feel of the movies in general..it felt like time travel to me.shah rukh was as adorable and cute as he is now...but his voice has changed a lot since then...more sexy..he has some kind of genes that everything just gets better by age.

rubyroo says thanks.
  10. Baree

Baree Shah Rukh Khan forever

Haven't watched all SRK movies...but still I can tell you Devdas for me is one of his BEST performances. And the entire Movie is amazing too. But yes its a very powerful movie. So see it when you are ready. I was in a daze for so many days after watching that movie. its very very moving and heartbreaking.

tasifa says thanks.
  11. tasifa

I know. I know the story of Devdas. It took me a long time to watch Veer-Zaara because I knew that it was a beautiful but tragic love story even if the end is happy. After watching it, I was in a daze too. Right now I'm more into his lighter movies and I watch a lot of interviews and his guest appearances in various shows. In 3 weeks I'm leaving for a month for my vacations and I've transfered so much Shahrukh stuff on my tablet that there is no more space for anything else. lol. But Devdas I will watch when I'm home on a big screen.

Baree says thanks.
  12. tasifa

He is like fine wine, he gets better with age. He can play with his voice so good. Remeber in JTHJ how different Samar's voice is different from Major Samar Anand? Same thing for his body language. That is talent!

Amber.K and rubyroo thank this.
  13. rubyroo

I watched Duplicate with my granddaughter while travelling. Now I'm in the middle of DDLJ.

tasifa and Amber.K thank this.
  14. tasifa

Bade bade deshon mein aaisi choti choti baatein ... hoti rehti hai. Such a wonderful movie. And to say that he was reluctant to do it!

rubyroo says thanks.
  15. Baree

Baree Shah Rukh Khan forever

that's so true with me...every time I feel down I just google SRK and watch his interviews on Youtube. I love his interviews...

rubyroo says thanks.
  16. rubyroo

I rarely watch them but a friend on twitter gave me an interview he did with Anupama Chopra promoting JTHJ. I watched it and couldn't resisit doing a bunch of screen caps. He is adorable when he's just talking. I'm going to do some drawings from my screen caps.

Baree says thanks.
  17. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Like them?

Thinking of re-watching OSO myself tonight.

18. tasifa

I love them both. In fact I love them all! lol

Go ahead, rewatch!

19. tasifa

I just finished watching Baadshah. What great fun! Yes it borrows for Nick of Time and Rush Hour but with Shahrukh's unique comedic timing. I laughed all the way through the film. The blind scenes were hilarious! And I just love Johnny Lever. He's such a great comedian! And Shahrukh and him seem so at ease with each other. I wasn't too sure at first because the first musical Main to hoon pagal was just too much for me. Funny but a little out of place for me. But can Shahrukh shake his booty! Oh yes he can!

To sum it up, an excellent perfomance by Shahrukh, a very entertaining movie that made me laugh all the time. I really really enjoyed it.

Alenka and Dea thank this.
  20. Neeran

Neeran It's only us!

Dil Se. This film will always be my favorite. It is like a long intense love making scene with all its various emotions and insanity.

Dea says thanks.