1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

What Shahrukh film did you watch today?

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by Bridget, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Every day I watch at least part of some Shahrukh film. Usually I watch parts of several. I thought it might be interesting for people to post what SRK film they watched today and why or what they especially liked about what they saw.

For myself the the past 24 hours this is what I've watched of SRK's....

1) I watched the first hour or so of DDLJ again. I always love the scene where he plays the piano on stage and does that song. I like how the jerky dance style goes with the way he first "played" the piano. He looks very attractive in the song (my very favorite moment is the very brief shot where he is carried off stage then grabs Kajol's behind her head and gives her an intense look).

2) I watched part (first scene of him only) of Shakti because I'm doing screen captures for myself for this one. He's pretty outrageous in that first scene at the police station! I got some very nice close up screen caps of him though.

3) watched the last 40 minutes of Rabu Ban Gaya Gentleman with my husband last night. He hadn't seen it before and doesn't much like SRK's earlier films. He did like my favorite part though which is the song Na Na Naa Chuna Naa. I love that song from the film....I think in the first few shots of it SRK looks so young...like a 15 year old boy to me. But a moment later when he crossed behind Juri and puts his face right next to her he is just smoldering sensual. And that was from the first real film he made....so it was not something he had done before as I understand it and yet he is just superb at being sensual. It's just something that seems to come naturally to him. I also like very much the part where they separated by the glass window (which is sort of like a similar shots in Zamaana Deewana in another song). I've watched this song many.many times.

Attached Files:

aabh02 says thanks.
  2. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

aww!
    well, um
    i watched not all movies but well, ALOT of interviews and i keep repeating this interview not the whole just few sec when he says "oh no tom cruise and johny depp they cant touch this" and i just melt everytime he says it

um i watched the beginning of KANK that song at the beginning I LOVE IT!! it just makes me remember the whole movie and just fall in love with the movie all over again!!

umm oh i watched Berline photoshoot! when he put his hands on his ears lol i dont know why i love watching it, its just him standing and ppl holding cameras shouting his name and im all like :D:D:D lol

thts it lol
    really interseting :D

lauraleedooley says thanks.
  3. Bridget

[​IMG]Hmmmmmmmm. Maybe I'm the only one strange enough here to watch a SRK film every day. Doesn't seem like others do from the response.

Oh well, I watched a number of video clips of him online today and then also watched most of Devdas with my husband who hadn't seen it before and then I watched the songs from Yes Boss. And the day is only half over so I probably will watch more of Shahrukh. I just can't help it!:)

lauraleedooley and aabh02 thank this.
  4. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Today I watched Asoka. I also watch the songs (but not all) from Chalte Chalte, Anjaam, Devdas and Yes Boss. Besides that I also spent good time on the planet, so I would say it was a nice Shahrukh filled day... :) ;)

5. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

Hey i watched SAWDES for the 17th time today :) in the morning
    And watched Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani in the afternoon..SRK-Juhi :kiss:

and i have an exam tomorrow :pound:

6. Neeran

Neeran It's only us!

Dilse...The most perfect film I have seen from India. I can't describe it for now I just finished watching it...It's just perfect. This is the film that should won an Oscar. Mani was super directing the film..there is no single mistake.

SRK and Manisha were...It's just pure acting.

100/10!!!

Good for you!!!...:pound::pound::pound:

7. Neeran

Neeran It's only us!

You are not the only one my dear....:) I'm like you I have to watch at least one of his films every day. My day will not complete without one of his films...Besides some songs...articles...clips. I have to otherwise I will go...:crazy: all the day.

aabh02 says thanks.
  8. Bridget

Today was a slow SRK news day. Compared to recent days most especially. So I spent more time watching his Dvds and thought maybe I would try and restart this thread and see if others have been watching anything by him recently that they would like to mention or comment on.

Late last night I showed my husband the Sansui 2001 awards performance SRK did that I just recently saw for the first time and was very impressed by. I have been doing some screen caps for that for the awards gallery. Like this one:
    [​IMG]

My husband really liked his song/dance performance. He most likes SRK when he dances and he danced very very well in this show.

Today I watched the first half of Koyla again. It's a different look for SRK and I like it. The third song in ( I don't know the name) where he dances and Johnny L. plays his voice is a real highlight of the film for me. The part when he's swinging from the chandelier and see the imprisioned bride is very powerful too. [​IMG]

I don't like how much violence there is in Koyla though and how much and often he gets beaten up....I think it might be the maximum he ever got in any film.

9. Bridget

I was just watching Asoka again today and it's a very slow SRK news day so I have been looking back at older threads (I was actually trying to find the thread someone started about a year ago asking people to list in order their top 10 SRK films but I couldn't find that) and I spotted this one.

I do watch at least a few songs from an SRK film every day still but I watch the whole movie (or at least all the SRK's scenes in in...after all who can actually watch the entire King Uncle or Trimurti movies including the non-SRK scenes?) less than daily these days. There has been so much in video online he's done the last few months but now that that has stopped for his recovery time I'm back to watching the movies daily.

Yesterday I watched Anjaam again (it's a very good villain role he does IMO) and today I've started on Asoka again. SRK looks sooooooo fabulous in most of Asoka!

Anyone else watch a SRK movie today or this weekend?

10. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

i watched parts of OSO :heart::love:
    and cried when Om died :(

i watched Koyla and Chaahat few days back :D:D

11. maira

maira SRK-fanatic

i saw KHNH the other day, with my friendss..:heart::heart:...it must have been a year or so after which i saw the movie after 'mahi ve'..i usually can;t watch it from there onwards coz..you know..:sad:..its tooo sad...:(..i can;t help but cry..:Cry: esp. when they show him running, sweating and struggling for breath, when he goes to meet rohit and naina after they find out about him...:hug::hug:..and then the sad kal ho naa ho...:Cry:...esp. when he;s dancing at her wedding and then kissess her...:heart:..sooo emotional...and i totally loose it when he's in hospital and i literally break into tears when Gia gives him the flower and he asks her...'will you marry me..'...:Cry:..its sooo sadd!!!...:(

i also saw bits of Devdas and don :D... only the good bits though, like when SRK 1st comes back from london, and goes to meet paro, and then when he goes back to his own house..:hug::hug:..and i love when Dev and Paro are talking for the 1st time in his house and he talks about things he missed..:kiss::kiss:..soo romantic when he tells her he missed her everytime he took a breath..:heart::love:....and Don..i lovee when he kills Kumar with the golf ball..;)..and also Ramesh with the injection..;)..love it!!..:D..

i think i'll try and watch chalte chalte today..;)..been a while since i saw that..:love:..i loveee the scene where he leaves her at her home in greece...:heart:..and his dialoguess...sooo sweeet..:kiss::kiss:..makes me wanna go and hug him...:heart:...and i love their little fights in the film..;)..sooo real and funnnyyyy...:lol:..

12. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I watched Chalte Chalte yesterday and Just put in Koyla. Koyla for some reason is one of my favorites. I just love Shah Rukh's look. He is so sweet and innocent! I just want to take him in my arms and give him a hug when his eyes are so sad!

13. Hasret

Hasret Ullu-Club-Member

14. Bridget

This is an old thread, and as I said up above earlier today why I posted on it again. Note the date of the first post which was almost a year ago.

I watched Koyla last week Maryann.....I love the "ethnic" look Shahrukh has in that one (even though the high level of violence is disturbing to me.....the worst is when they slit his throat and throw him over a cliff and what the village elder does to heal him). SRK sure does look great in the film though :)

You mentioned Chaahat Ru.....that is one of my favorite earlier films of his. I love that song he sings where the bad sister of the evil villain imagines him putting her on top of the piano and kissing her neck :flame:(and how she sucks his finger earlier in the song!!.....I certainly preferred her interaction with SRK than the quite dull and plain "good girl"...but then that actress was also not at all magnetic)

15. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

AH!!!!
    Bridget dont remind me yaar!
    i wanted to shoot her :rant:
    she was so freakin evil!! and to imagine something like that :crazy:
    i really liked Pooja better.. and his relationship with her "Miss. Zindegi" :pound: so sweet!!

16. Bridget

I loved how cute Shahrukh was when he kept shouting "Zindegi" when he saw her.

The scene with them in the restaurant with him and the soda straw was very adorable too.

17. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

yeah i loved that one :heart::love:
    i loved the train scene too.. something about Shah and trains, they are all so sad :(

18. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

I love this movie and love the song na lagta
    ah the way he look and sing it am :faint:
    and pooja i love this girl

19. Bridget

That song with Shahrukh at the train station in Chaahat is one of the saddest songs in any of his movies. We've talked about this on the Chaahat board too I recall. SRK's eyes are so sad and filled with emotion when he does that song.:(
    And when he holds the little puppy it's a very touching part.

20. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

OMG!!
    yes! :( so sadd!!!

i watched parts of KANK today.. and i just started to think about a scene, when Rani asks ShahRukh to be friends.. why did they had to make that scene rainy and blue? and why didnt ShahRukh say yes to her friendship request? :confused2: he just sat down and she sat next to him and then bam, they are friends having lunch in cafes and all.. :confused2: