1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

What now? Ra One Two?

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by mumbiene, Nov 1, 2011.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

01_11_2011_531_008.jpg

nika says thanks.
  2. mumbiene

SECRET OUT! RA.One sequel confirmed
    Prashant Singh, Hindustan Times
    New Delhi, November 01, 2011
    [​IMG]

A few days ago, Shah Rukh Khan was upset about “some silly reviews” of his ambitious superhero project, RA.One. However, King Khan clearly isn’t letting anything dampen his spirit. And though the actor remains noncommittal about the sequel to his purported R 150 crore film, one of the film’s
    writers and SRK’s friend, Mushtaq Sheikh, confirms RA.One part two is “on its way”.

“Right now, we all are soaking in the energy of RA.One, which took five years of hard work. After the film’s success party, we will sit together and start work on the sequel. The thought process has already kicked off,” reveals Sheikh, adding that SRK has already had “generic discussions about which direction he wants the sequel to go in”.

Interestingly, RA.One’s team thought of the sequel even before the film’s release. “When we were just half-way through, we knew a film like this would demand a sequel. The way we left it at the end shows how G.One has come back. So, without a doubt, a sequel is on its way,” Sheikh confirms.

RA.One, also starring Arjun Rampal and Kareena Kapoor, released on Diwali and according to producers, grossed R 170 crores worldwide in the opening weekend itself. “Shah Rukh believes in it (sequel). It’s completely his vision. We have discussed part two. Like everyone else, he also has some ideas in head,” adds Sheikh, who also penned SRK starrer Om Shanti Om (2007).
    [​IMG]

Interestingly, RA.One also features Sheikh in a cameo as a gun-toting goon. “It was my chance to intimidate Shah Rukh, something I can never do in real life,” laughs Sheikh, who shoots at SRK’s character in the film. “I thought I would mess it all up since I get quite nervy facing the camera. But everyone seems to have liked it, so I am enjoying the result”. Sheikh also did a cameo in Om Shanti Om.
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/SECRET-OUT-RA-One-sequel-confirmed/Article1-763501.aspx

Karan#1 and iamsrking thank this.
  3. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Wonder how long ra.one 2 will take to release... hopefully not another 5 years and to be honest they would have to do it soon since srk is 46

4. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

Sorry so what if he is 46 or 47 he is young in heart and he is looking younger than me am 30 ::p:

5. Karan#1

lol :p ok lets forget the age, i jus want ra.one 2 to release quickly, its too painful having to wait so long for an srk film

6. mumbiene

Shah Rukh Khan: Would love to do Ra.One 2
    Indo-Asian News Service | August 22, 2013 16:15 IST (Mumbai)
    Superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who set new benchmarks in Indian cinema with the use of new technology in Ra.One, says he would love to do Ra.One 2, but that could take time as the country lacks trained technicians.

He says technology and equipment alone aren't enough to make a technologically high-end film.

"We have the latest technology and the equipment, but we lack trained technicians. For Ra.One, we had hired 50 foreign-trained technicians. I would love to work in Ra.One 2, but it's not easy. For a film with a different genre like Ra.One, I'll need at least two to three years for preparation," Shah Rukh said.

Ra.One, released in 2011, was an ambitious Rs 150-crore ($30 million) project high on world class VFX. It reportedly had 3,500 VFX shots and Shah Rukh had collaborated with Jeffrey Kleiser, co-founder of US-based Synthesian Studios, to supervise the work done by Shah Rukh's Red Chillies VFX team.

Red Chillies VFX, a subdivision of Shah Rukh's motion picture production banner Red Chillies Entertainment, also provides the necessary technology and special effects to other filmmakers in the country.

One of the forthcoming projects his special effects team has worked on is Rakesh Roshan's Krrish 3, the trailer of which has already received kudos for its visual imagery and technology-induced action sequences.

"For Rakesh Roshan's film, Krrish 3, the equipment is from our company. We have trained over 200 technicians in the last five years. They are very good, but the vision has to come from Rakesh Roshan. If you have the vision and technology, the technicians can be changed," added Shah Rukh, stressing on the importance of filmmakers thinking beyond what's easy.

The change is already setting in, King Khan felt. It reflected in films like Anurag Kashyap's Gangs of Wasseypur and Anurag Basu's Barfi!.

"There have always been all kinds of filmmakers who make films like Iron Man, Batman and Chak De! India at the same time. It's always parallel. When I did DDLJ ('Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge), there was Maya Memsaab too. There are Gangs of Wasseypur and Barfi!, all kinds of films being made. It is good," said Shah Rukh.

His mantra is to reinvent himself by working in different genres.

"I always try to work on a different genre. I feel the industry has given me name, fame and money and I won't ever forgive myself if I won't do anythin
    http://movies.ndtv.com/bollywood/shah-rukh-khan-would-love-to-do-ra-one-2-409000

MaryAnnK and Mara thank this.
  7. iamsrk

iamsrk I HATE to lose !!

he is going to be 48 this year buddy! :D

8. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Rajnikanth was sixty years old and bald when he made "Robot" and romanced Ashwarya in her late twenties. God willing, SRK will keep making physically challenging movies for years to come. I was amazed at his competency in the action sequences in CE, even with an injured shoulder. Fifty is the new thirty.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  9. Karan#1

Aishwarya Rai was about 37 years old then.

Mara says thanks.
  10. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

I hope he takes Rohit Shetty if he wants to do the sequel.:) Would be great if he can balance between commercial & noncommercial cinema.

11. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Huge risk after the (often unfair) response to RA-One but I would love see it done properly. I can imagine Rohit Shetty getting it right.

I watched it again a few days ago and found it was really only the smutty humour that disturbed me. I'm not a prude but it was inappropriate and unnecessary and gave a confused message as to who the target audience was. The plot wasn't so bad for this genre and the vfx were good.
    As long as srk can manage a physically demanding role I don't think His age comes into it. He was partially digitised to play G.One anyway.

If they could convince the audience to give it another chance there is certainly scope for a sequel - though that's an enormous IF!
    However I would hate to see him again invest so much heart and soul into something that could hurt him so badly again. :tsk:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    rubyroo, Xeny, MaryAnnK and 1 other person say thanks.
  12. Prince<3 SRK

Prince<3 SRK Mad For SRK

As SRK fan i really want to watch SRK again in Superhero avtaar..The "G.ONE". I eagerly waiting for Ra. 2 now. let me focus on VFX of Ra.1.
    SRK & Ra.1 give First VFX system to India which take bollywood at that level where bollywood movies walk along with Hollywood movies. Even Ra.1 VFX won National Award. During Ra.1 promotion days SRK said in one interview

" I would like the world to see the film. I want second and third generation Indians living abroad to show the film to their foreign friends and talk about the film. I want them to say, “Dude, you make such cool films.” I don’t want them to say, “Bollywood is so kitsch.” And then I want our Indians to say – “RA.One was made in Andheri, a suburban area in Mumbai.”.

Well If Ra.1 bring so much pride for Indian film industry with entertairment & fun then only God & SRK knows how much surprises will Ra.2 bring for country & its viewers :) I wish soon SRK say "I AM ON"

Mara says thanks.
  13. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Thanks for catching that. Yes, she was 37 at the time. I didn’t see “Enthiran” when it first came out but watched it on TV a month ago. SRK’s making such a fuss over Rajnikanth is hard to understand. None of Rajnikanth’s movies are on Netflix or available internationally. “Enthiran” seems to be the first one to even make it to a theater here in Los Angeles with English subtitles. SRK is ten times the actor Rajnikanth is- at least for me. But I’m prejudiced. ;)

Prince<3 SRK says thanks.
  14. Karan#1

About Rajnikanth, from what I understand - he's worshipped in the south (mainly the state of tamil nadu) and he's also got a popular image for being India's Chuck Norris (I'm sure you've heard of Chuck Norris jokes).

Mara says thanks.
  15. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

I would back a sequel to Ra1 if the director was someone like a Rajkumar Hirani or Rakesh Roshan, someone who knows how to tell a story, he doesnt have to be a techwizz (which is why I think Anubhav Sinha got the nod for the first, problem is he didn't know how to keep the audience interested with good storytelling) as Redchillies VFX will support him.
    I think there is alot of scope for a sequel, perhaps calling it 'G. One' or 'Jeevan' after the hero might also help from differentiating it from Ra1.
    However the question remains, can you really make a sequel to a film that tbh, didnt work in the first place? Knowing SRK the clever marketer, the best way to get round this is to say the film is a spin off or in the 'same universe', not referring to it as a sequel!

Mara says thanks.
  16. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I agree completely. I still can't bring myself to let my grandchildren see it because of the "humour" and it makes me sad because it is meant to be a family movie. (I also find the scene where the Chinese mom is killed to be unacceptable for children and even myself!) I thought the plot was imaginative and interesting and I liked the special effects. It was meant to have a sequel and I wish it could but only if better judgement is used about what is appropriate for a family movie. Here's hoping a lesson is learned from the success of Chennai Express. And no curly wig please dear Shah Rukh!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    Mara says thanks.
  17. yummy

yummy Fan girl since Fauji.

After CE, its clear SRK has already noticed that point and has made amends.

18. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Oh yes! I forgot that that was my main problem with the film. :D Horrible! :lol:

Xeny and rubyroo thank this.
  19. anesya

anesya Guest

he looked so like my teacher I had 3 years ago with that wig, he had that kind of hair, I was sitting throughout those scenes like :jaw:

20. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Poor man. :tsk: :lol: