1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

What made you SRK's fan??

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by annous, Feb 1, 2006.

1. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I bought Josh and Kabhi Hann Kabhi Naa without seeing them first. No regrets!

Wafa and Jasmine thank this.
  2. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

In the 80s, when I was teen, I watched few Bollywood films. At that time, Big B was my idol. When he's no longer famous, I watched few more films starring Govinda & Aamir Khan. When I first watched Aamir's film, I thought I've finally found a Bollywood actor whom I may have a liking. After watching few more film of his, I felt there's something lacking in his personality & I no longer find him interesting. After that, I didn't care much about Bollywood films until I started to watch Bollywood films again when I entered university. During this time, which was around early 1991, our local TV channel started to show Bollywood latest films on every Friday afternoon. One fine day after I finished my class, I switched on my TV and I saw Deewana. At that time, I never knew what the story was about & I recognized only one actor which was Rishi Kapoor. I watched for a while then started to loose interest in the story since I felt Rishi is too old to act alongside Divya Bharti. Then I switched off my TV and went to sleep. When I woke up, I switched on my TV once again. The moment I switched on my TV, I saw the scene which shows Shah Rukh's entrance while riding his bike & singing Koi Na Koi Chahiye. I instantly got attracted to him and watched the film till end. I was so happy that Rishi's character died in the film & Shah Rukh got the heroine.:D Till this day, I've always felt that it's fate which brought me to know this wonderful & amazing actor. A year later, I saw Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na. This is the first time I knew Shah Rukh's name. I was very excited when I saw him & he got me hooked once again. That's when I realized that more than the film, it's Shah Rukh that I loved.:heart: Few months later, I saw Raju Ban Gaya Gentlemen. I felt blessed because I got the chance to watch most of his earlier films so soon on TV. One day, I went to a shop and saw a Hindi film mag. It has a picture of Shah Rukh & Amitabh Bachchan. I was so happy to see the two of them together and I instantly thought Shah Rukh is Amitabh's son.:p Silly me! Then I bought Bazigaar, my first VHS tape which I watched over & over again. His first film which I watched on screen was Yes Boss. I forced my brother to watch the film with me. That was the first & last film of his which I saw in theatre. After I finished my study and started working, I shifted to a new state which was far away from my hometown. My room mate didn't much like Bollywood films. So I always ended up watching Bollywood films all by myself. Every day on my way to my work place, I always pass by a theatre which was playing DDLJ film. I will stare at the poster & have the urge to watch the film but I dare not enter the theatre alone at that time. One day I bought a PC & when I have an internet connection, I started to surf to find more about this actor whom I adored so much. That time KKHH released and I read so many good things about the film. Then I came to know that my cousin already watched the film. I asked her to accompany me but to my dissapointment, she's not interested to watch the film again. That's when I made up my mind that I must watch the film, alone if I have to. So I brave myself and watched the film alone. I'm glad that I catched the film in theatre. Till that day onward, I watched almost all Shah Rukh films in theatre. I went to his concert once with my cousins & sis when he came here with Juhi, Salman & Twinkle. When I shifted back to my hometown, I was very happy because my sisters too were fan of his. During the weekend, we always watch his films together esp. DDLJ, KKHH & K3G. I will always cherish all these wonderful memories because those days were the best time of my life.:)

Wafa, Anjali72, MaryAnnK and 3 others thanked this.
  3. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

rubyroo: "My interest in SRK has enriched my life."
    Well, I will attest that I never knew that a Bollywood star could change my life either. Wafa is now my didi, someone I met on a Fan Site, Who would have guessed. Who would have guessed we would travel half way around the world to meet in India!?? Who would have thought I would be learning Hindi at 55? I still cannot put my finger on why he has done this to me!!

raksha anantharam, Wafa, Anjali72 and 2 others thanked this.
  4. Jasmine

Jasmine Well-Known Member

I spent the day today visiting my parents. They have seen My Name Is Khan now. My mom was just glowing as she told me how much she loved the film. She went on and on about Shah Rukh Khan.:) And she also mentioned she liked Kajol a lot, too. The story was very impactful for her. She said she wants to go back and re-watch Swades now. Next, I really want to have her see Veer-Zaara, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi & Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.

Shah Rukh Khan is so wonderful - I want everyone I know to see his films. I'm not going to stop at "Khan-verting" my family. I'm going to try and "Khan-vert" all my friends and neighbors, too! I think it would be so cool if everyone in the world knew who he was. I'd especially love it if everyone in my country did.

Wafa, Prerna Dewan, MaryAnnK and 5 others thanked this.
  5. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Just went trough this thread. Thought I already posted my story but obviously I didn´t. So here is my story:
    As some of you might know I am a teacher of children with learning difficulties. And I am always interested in the things they like or do in their freetime. So one day ( about eight years ago) I heard them talk about Bollywood. And I got interested as they kept talking about it for weeks. I did not know anything about Hindi films or actors. And one day one of my pupils told me that I have to watch Veer Zaara on Saturday because of one really handsome actor. So I promised to watch it on Saturday. I first forgot about it but then switched on the TV right in a sequence where they were dancing and singing and I thought "what a stupid film" and switched to another programme. But later I returned to this film and suddenly I was captured by the story and I must admit Shah Rukhs wonderful eyes. There was something about this man that touched me deep inside. So deep that on Monday I went to school and demanded of that one pupil "Who is this man? Tell me everything about Shah Rukh Khan". From this point I don´t know exactly how I came to love Shah Rukh the way I love him today but I joined my first Bollywood forum. After a while I got pissed off by the negativity shown by some members of that forum against some actions of Shah Rukh Khan. I searched and finally found and joined this wonderful place here where I found a lot of friends and even my best friend Nicole!
    I really have to say from the first moment Shah Rukh touched me deep inside he took a place in my heart and from there quietly and slowly changed great parts of my life. May it be the interest in his country and the people there, thinking and looking differently on the things or my friendship with Nicole and other lovely people from here. He really gave me so much, enriched my life (as rubyroo said) and I am so thankful for this. I have the feeling that I can´t never give back all he did for me and my now better life (I really think it is better nowadays than before) but one thing I can do is giving him my love and respect. And this I did in the past and will go on with it in the future. For me he is an angel on earth and I am grateful I got to know about this very unique and very special human being!:heart:

Wafa, Prerna Dewan, Jasmine and 4 others thanked this.
  6. nika

nika Well-Known Member

Wonderful! Keep it going girl! I love to hear more people discovering him!!

Jasmine and rubyroo thank this.
  7. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

i might of already posted im not sure but i had a similar thing like one of the other members i mostly watched films from the 70s and 80s in my childhood i watched a lot of movies on the 90s actors i.e. aamir salman sanjay sunny akshay sunil etc but i saw shahrukhs film for the first time and that was it he was the best in my eyes since then i cant actually remember his frist film i saw the first five were deewana raju ban gaya gentleman baazigar darr and anjaam and of course they were great

raksha anantharam, Wafa, nika and 3 others thanked this.
  8. anya

anya Member

I kind of grew up with bollywood.My friend used to love the films and so I'd come round her place a lot and then we'd dance to the music all the time, especially to kal ho na ho, the disco song. But we never really watched the films, we loved srk because of his dancing. Then when we got older, we were about 10, we watched I think it was main hoo naa and we both fell in love with srk.We watched the film so often, the CD wouldn't work anymore.
    So from then on we would watch every single film,laugh and cry a lot.Well, we still do today.We still meet up to watch bollywood films, even though we don't dance to the music anymore haha :) And srk is our idol, he is the best actor you can get.No one could possibly play a man with asperger syndrom as good as he can.

Wafa, rubyroo, Alenka and 2 others thanked this.
  9. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

You should still dance!! I do with my grandbabies!! Your never too old to dance....especially with SRK!

anya, Prerna Dewan and rubyroo thank this.
  10. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

I respect him as a person. And I love him as an actor! I like his talent! He's an actor from God!

Prerna Dewan, rubyroo and Jasmine thank this.
  11. Prerna Dewan

Prerna Dewan Well-Known Member

Wow...these are all such beautiful stories.. :) He has touched so many lives :)
    My story is pretty ordinary compared to the rest! I live in India, so I've grown up watching Bollywood films..So unlike a lot of the other members of this forum, I didn't 'discover' Shah Rukh..he was always part of my childhood..on the TV, in the movies, in the discussions..
    My mom had been a fan of Shah Rukh since her college days. In fact, she was doing her Masters when Fauji was broadcast. She tells me she used to watch it everyday. (So I guess, loving Shah Rukh was in my genes! :p )
    When I was in pre-school, one day, I came home and told my parents that one of my friends had told me that "there's a HUGE tv in Border". My parents were confused. Later, they realized that this friend of mine had in fact introduced me to the concept of cinema hall! The huge TV was in fact the cinema screen! :p And 'Border' was a movie that was on screens at that time! They thought it was the right time to take me to the theatre for the first time :) Dil Toh Paagal Hai had just released and my mom decided that they would take me to watch DTPH. My father was in fact against it because he wasn't a SRK fan (blasphemous, right?! :O) and he felt my mom was trying to influence me! ;) :p
    So, anyway, in the end, my mom prevailed (as all moms do!) and we went to watch DTPH. I was 3 then! I had the time of my life, and kept staring at the huge screen throughout :) What can I say, SRK had a huge impact on my life very early on! :p And it has been a 'happily ever after' story since then. I've been a fan ever since, and I think I even had my first crush on him! :p The crush has lasted till now, I guess ;)
    So he's made me laugh and cry in equal measure ever since I was 3, and I'm a fan for life :)
    But it's been only a recent development that I have started following EVERY thing that he does..I don't know what triggered it. All I know is that while I was only in awe of him onscreen earlier, now I love him doubly more because of his persona offscreen. He's my reel/real hero and role model.
    And he's also the reason why I have connected with wonderful people from all over the world on forums such as this..so I owe him tons! I owe him for the movie magic, for being my role model, for giving me all these lovely new friends...

That's my story! :)

Alenka, Wafa, Debbie and 2 others thanked this.
  12. rubyroo

Confirmed. You don't get over SRK! I didn't think so...
    Prerna, your story is awesome. What an experience to know him from the start and to grow up with him. Its weird for me because I am watching his earliest movies right now from when he was a "baby" of 26 or 30, and then I come on here and see lots of stuff about him how he is now. Its like a weird time warp...But I like it!

Prerna Dewan says thanks.
  13. Prerna Dewan

Oh, you certainly don't get over SRK. The man reinvents himself each time! You never know what to expect. There are critics who pull him down for doing 'formulaic romances' which are supposedly 'clones of each other' and I completely disagree! He brings a new, refreshing element each time to each film, and had it been otherwise, I wouldn't have remained a fan for so long!

I'm going through the same time warp too! I was very young when his first few films released..so I'm revisiting them! I agree, it's pretty weird..but I like it too :) It kind of juxtaposes the two ends of the spectrum of his character. While you can see the impulsiveness and spontaneity from his earlier work, he seems to have mellowed down in real life. I'm loving every minute of this time warp :)

rubyroo says thanks.
  14. rubyroo

People who don't see this just lack discernment.

http://www.planetsrk.com/community/threads/what-made-you-srks-fan.415/page-4

This page has a fascinating post by rasquine where she talks about how SRKs very distinctive facial features contribute to this idea that he is the same in every movie. I am quoting her because what she says is so good and so true.

Prerna Dewan, Wafa and Debbie thank this.
  15. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

LOL, I just thought of what you said MaryAnn, we are only few hours away from each other yet we travelled around the world to meet :p it had to be next to SRK :D I'm so glad I was able to meet many of you, what a lovely family we have here.

MaryAnnK, Jasmine and rubyroo thank this.
  16. chandu28

chandu28 Well-Known Member

I want to keep this plain and simple......................the day I saw Shahrukh first in Dil Dariya for a very short presence and then Fauji, I became his FANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :) :) :) :) :)

MaryAnnK, Jasmine and rubyroo thank this.
  17. Prerna Dewan

Oooh, rasquine makes a really interesting point! I agree, completely!

rubyroo says thanks.