1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you notice?

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by Areams, Nov 26, 2012.

1. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

OSO is peppered with Did You Know references from the 1970s. I think that was part of what made it such a hit, most viewers would have picked up on all the detail (unlike us ignorant ones who know nothing. :D )

MaryAnnK, rubyroo and lauraleedooley thank this.
  2. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

It's fun discovering them bit by bit.

Mara and lauraleedooley thank this.
  3. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

rubyroo and lauraleedooley thank this.
  4. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Or in fact the VZ section itself. People would go there in the first instance for anything on the film.

5. rubyroo

8.JPG
    In Main Hoon Na. I always notice how during one part of the Prom night dance Shah Rukh was holding onto Boman Irani's foot.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    Dea and niloofari thank this.
  6. Debby

Debby ''Stand by Him Always"

While watching MHN, again I noticed how much Farah "borrows" from US movies when doing her music numbers.....she took a lot from Grease on this one....

MaryAnnK and rubyroo thank this.
  7. rubyroo

1.JPG 2.JPG
    "Innocence is a liabilty" graffiti in the beginning of Duplicate. (Of course the whole movie disproves this as we see the wiley Manu getting outsmarted by the simple innocent Bablu.) I also noticed that while Bablu was taking a shower Manu was washing his face in a spiggot.

Dea and MaryAnnK thank this.
  8. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

A cross-section of Grease and Die Hard - who else but Bollywood could do this? :lol:

rubyroo says thanks.
  9. rubyroo

And it's totally awesome.

10. MaryAnnK

Wow! Good catch! I had never noticed the graffiti!

rubyroo says thanks.
  11. rubyroo

DDLJ- Simran asked Raj when the moon was going to rise and he said it did already and showed her her own face in a mirror. When I watched it before I always thought that he was showing her the moon out the window and didn't get why it made her smile. Raj was so sweet.

MaryAnnK and niloofari thank this.
  12. rubyroo

In Dil Se when they first met I always watch him trying to make friends with her. I never notice enough how she was reacting. It's just magical. She was so shy and sad and didn't want him to talk to her, but she couldn't help smiling at his silly talk. It's easy to miss because she was trying to hide it.
    100.JPG 101.JPG

Rishima62, Dea, Neeran and 2 others thanked this.
  13. MaryAnnK

I have noticed this too. It takes a few watching before you can see past the subtitles! One of my favorites.

Rishima62 and rubyroo thank this.
  14. nika

nika Well-Known Member

In Don, you could even hear the background music calling his name as "Don" loudly in some hectic shots of Vijay! For example in the plane scene when they are fighting for parachute and Vijay wins it with a trick, his name is repeated as "Don" in the background music!
    Basically the first time you watch the movie, you'd think it has flaws with Vijay replacing Don and doing his stuff so easily! But then you realize that's the main twist for you. And you yearn for watching it again to find out when and where you were cheated so badly!!! And that's when you come to that know Shahrukh the actor and Farhan the movie maker both made it sooo obvious yet so tricky!
    The movie have many hints that he's not Vijay! The way Vijay talks, walks, reacts or does anything is hugely different from Don! But then he smoothly gets into Don's Character in a way that despite being so evident in the second watch, it's not noticed in the first watch! It's not a role anybody can pull off, though it may not seem complicated, but it's actually very edgy for an actor. Hat off to Shahrukh for playing both characters so different yet so convincing as a big twist till the end.

Dea, rollercoast, MaryAnnK and 2 others thanked this.
  15. rubyroo

I thought just the same as you when I first watched it. He was quite wonderful as Don/Vijay. I love a movie that surprises me and makes me have to watch it again right away to see how they did it!

nika, rollercoast and MaryAnnK thank this.
  16. rubyroo

5.JPG 20.JPG
    1. Yash Raj helicopter in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. In the movie the initials instead stand for Yash Raichand.

tasifa says thanks.
  17. Areams

Areams Photographer, Filmmaker, and SRK Fan

It's a new year for some of us members…though not quite for me…none the less here's a Happy New Year entry for a new year. Did anyone else notice that the name Mohini's dance school is misspelled? "Mohini Dence School" I thought that was a charming twist for end the film.

Mohini Dence School.jpg

18. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

Since she can't speak the English as Charlie stated when he introduced Mohini, it was the right thing to do. Same for Teem Dimonds instead of Team Diamonds on their capes. It had me rolling on the floor. Happy New Year to you too.

MaryAnnK, Mara and rollercoast thank this.
  19. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

:rofl: i never knew this!

rubyroo and Mara thank this.