1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

what did you guys think about his work?

Discussion in 'Kal Ho Na Ho' started by sonal, Jan 25, 2006.

1. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

i mean this isnt any official news about khnh, but i heard many people say that he didnt do anything different in his acting in the film. And i dont know whether to take that as a good thing or a bad thing. In the positive sense, it means that he is a consistent actor which is something that people strive for. But others mean it like, oh its predictable, and he keeps doing the same thing over and over again so he's not that great. I mean i think his performance was funny, emotional and very sweet... but his character was so different from the others... i mean he played a character that was dying, and gave up his love for his friend... i mean this was nothing like "Anand"-- i mean big deal, he is sick and dying like Rajesh Khanna but the films are totally different.

Thats my opinion... i mean i was disappointed when hrithik won for kmg... i wanted srk to win, i mean it did bag almost all the other awards... but yeah... anyone else have an opinion?

2. I<3SRK

I<3SRK New Member

i loved this movie!! Koi Mil Gaya was jus a copy of an english movie and Kal Ho Na Ho (IMO) was a different kind of role - perhaps he had a few of the same characteristics as "Raj" or "Rahul" but the basic idea was different ....

3. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

In my opinion Shah Rukh is very flexible as actor and he like to experiments too. :heart: What do they want or expect from him ?

If he is playing negative roles they don´t like it, if he plays nice and romantic roles they say he do always the same, if he plays roles like in Asoka they don´t like it. If he play fantasy roles like Paheli they don´t like it. I was wondering how he won all those awards :( If the audience don´t like to see Shah Rukh in romantic roles like as in KHNH why were this kind of movies box office hits ? Do they talk the same about indian actors who only plays gangsters ?

What´s about for example John Wayne ? He played mostly the hard hearted Western cowboy and the audience admired him only for this roles and said he was one of the greatest actors :confused:

Koi Mil Gaya was a nice movie, o.k., but not more ;) Hritik Roshan is a good actor and dancer, but for me he has not the special than Shah Rukh. Yesterday I saw the movie "Black" which won the most awards last year. And I must say I don´t like it very much. This movie is to dark and overacted for me. I can´t understand why this movie got so many awards :confused: And Rani, for my opinion, was overacting too.

4. I<3SRK

I<3SRK New Member

^^another good point, there was too much overacting, and i found the movie to be dull and it was ALSO a copy of an english movie, The Miracle Worker. Paheli was a fantastic movie, it didn't get sent in for the Oscars for nothing ....

5. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

i agree with you guys to a point... i mean whatever srk does ppl have to criticize it too be "the same thing over and over" or "he didnt do his best" or "its not different enough"-- i mean hello!!!! how many different films has he done?! i think he did the most variety of films, after Amitji...i mean give him credit

where i dont agree is with the film black... i think yes it was a copy of an english film and thats y they couldnt send it for the oscars...but as far as performances are concerned, i think every one deserved the credit... i mean amitji's peformance was priceless i mean there are no words to describe it... rani was excellent but yes in a few places, she hammed it a bit... but she was also very good... but i think as far as music and such is concerned, paheli should have gotten something... but guys this topic is about kal ho na ho.. so lets get back to that topic or we'll be in trouble :)

i think he was very goo din khnh... i mean i still dont understand how he didnt win... i mean my family and i already thought the awards were rigged... (sorry for being blunt, but we were all very angry) and i mean cmon... even when sonu nigam went to get the award for the title song of the film, he was like "thanks for giving some respect to this song"---its like ppl knew he wasnt going to win... i hated the awards that yr!

6. Poonam

Poonam New Member

Sonal, it's strange but I went through exactly the same feelings you did ! KHNH was the first movie of Shahrukh which hit me like a truck at full speed (still haven't recovered !) He literally drove that movie with his energy. But as wonderful as his portrayal of Aman Mathur was, it had a few shades of other characters he's played ( I realised this later when I caught up with his older stuff on a crash course.) And I think that's where Hrithik scored in KMG. He was lucky to get that role and he did full justice to it. I didn't feel happy about Hrithik's winning, but well...c'est la vie.

7. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

wow poonam... yeah i agree with you about his energy being a focal point... but what im still angry about is, if srk is constantly being told that he doesnt do anything different, then how come hrithik gets the award for a remake of the movie ET and Forest Gump?

8. cadisha

cadisha Tiger Tamer

sorry... posted in the wrong section :blush:

9. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

lol no prob yaar

10. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

lol yeah u got that and then i think they r making a sequel to it!!:mad: :mad:

11. Poonam

Poonam New Member

I'm coming back a bit late to this thread..clean forgot ! The only explanation I can think of is that these desi awards are not the Oscars which expressly forbid copycat films. I doubt if they have anything but some basic rules! ET/FG are really old films..in the India of those days, the audiences for Hollywood and Indian films were almost two different entities - only people who were very familiar with English watched HW. So Hrithik's KMG act would have come as a fresh and delightful novelty to the majority. To be honest, I thought he did a great job too, but I was absolutely shocked at how many scenes from ET were lifted so blatantly.It certainly did not deserve Best Picture.But obviously, the people who voted for KMG had not seen ET or FG, so Hrithik walked away with the prize (damn). Life is never fair, is it ?

12. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

i know yaar!!! :mad: i mean what are they thinking?

13. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

totally agree poonam... i mean yeah since those films were old, there might have been a chance that they didnt see it...but yeah i didnt think that it should have received the award for best pic, or best actor actually, because he did act so much like tom hanks... well kinda at least...

but yeah life isnt fair and the awards werent either

14. Shina001

Shina001 Tina

I loved this film!!!!!!

But I dont wanted him to die

15. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

I was just reading all the stuff about hritrik and kmg..kal ho na ho is a wonderfull indian hearted film when kmg is an absolut copy ,hritrik has never been either talented nor good actor..he may be handsome if he could have some confidence in himself ,but he is nothing all these comparisons between him and srk ,between his films and srks are totally nonesonse..
    let father and son keep copying from the west..for the children..our srk will have the best films for everyone

16. sasila.s

sasila.s New Member

sRK really did sumthing different in this movie, i mean his expression of his love is totally different, and the way he made his love alive too is different, maybe its not mean to sum ppl to understand it, and the way its being expressed...anyhow we can give out an award for SRK from our heart which will be priceless award for SRK...And for me, Hrithik is still here coz he is from the film background family, and his father can make hit movies for him, while its not the same for SRK.

17. roya20

roya20 New Member

KHNH was a beautful movie and all performances was very good .I think the only peson who was not very good in this movie is SRK and I think it was because if his pain after operation.But I love this movie very much.

18. Mia

Mia New Member

KHNH is the best movie after Devdas in my opinion. I cried a lot at bolth movies. The performances were great and SRK was :heart: magnificent:heart:

19. haseena

haseena Tere Liye

KHNH was an awesome movie i am still not over the fact that ShahRukh Khan didnt get the award for it. It's just so unfair i mean this is the same thing that happend in 2001 when Hrithik got the award for KNPH...i mean that movie was not an original...it was an old and broing story that we have all seen before...a girl falls in love with a poor man he gets killed and then she meets another guy who looks like the man she loved....wats soo new about that? Mohabbatein was sooooo much better than KNPH. SRK's performnace was brilliant and i am still not over the fact that people didnt see that :(
    The only conclusion that i can come to is that people are just jealouse....they cant see SRK on the top and even if SRK's performance didnt get the appreciation it should have gotten from some people us the Fans know that SRK is a original actor and the best on the face of this earth :)

20. Mia

Mia New Member

I totally agree with you Sonal:thumb: Srk is a very talented actor and his performance in this movie is one of the best...and yeah he should have won not that untalented and boring actor Hrithik.And what you should expect from the king of Bollywood...of course he plays constanly, he can't do better than perfection.No one can do better than him:)