1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

We glimpsed ourselves in MNIK

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews - Members' started by Bridget, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

This is not a real review but just a quick post about our viewing of MNIK as I'm traveling now and can only use a computer briefly.

We saw MNIK last night after a full days drive from our island to another state (Oregon) where we saw the movie at a 20 screen regular general audience theater (the first time I've seen a Bollywood movie show in other than Indian only theaters here in the Pacific Northwest of the USA.) OF course I had to have my husband take a few pictures of me with the huge posters they had outside and in the lobby of the theater. They also had fliers at the ticket window for MNIK with a nice SRK/Kajol picture.

The movie had a intermission card but of couse as this was a general audience theater they ran it without stopping so no intermisssion happened. I loved Shahrukh's acting in the film. :) And I got some good laughs too....my biggest laugh was when he was shown wearing the oversized dress of the large black actress in one of the Georgia scenes.

We did see ourselves in one of the scenes we had been extras in in Herldsberg. We're walking behind SRK when he's giving money donation at the candlelight memorial. We were also in crowd scenes of that same sequence but the only place we saw ourselves is in that shot. And yes Maryann, we did see you when Kajol brushed past you in the "Atlanta" scene near the end :) I got a chuckle out of that!

Afterwards we spoke to some people at the theater and from the audience about SRK.....two of them didn't know anything about him before the film ran in their theater. The others were a girl who's a fan of Bollywood films and her family who had never seen a Bollywood movie before. We alsways tell people about SRK in the most glowing fashion of course :)

2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Bridget!!!! That is fantastic!!! :lock1:
    Oh what an amazing end to your adventure!
    You and srk together on screen forever!!! :faint:
    Congratulations!!!! :D

I was always a little disappointed that I never made it on screen in CDI.
    I was part of the crowd for one days shooting.
    I would only have been in a distant crowd scene but it would make the memory of that day even sweeter!!! (if that's possible!)

3. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

very nice Bridget.
    I got a good laugh seeing him wearing that dress too:lol:
    I was like he didn't take it off as yet:lol:

anyways very nice.:)

4. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

omg Bridget! when i watched that scene, i told my friends some of those people are from PlanetSRK!! :D:D

5. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Bridget, I took my son in law, daughter and her husband to see MNIK today. This was their first time and everyone loved it!!!! This was my fourth time and I need to see it again!

I saw your husband but not you. I know that when I get the DVD, I will be studying it!!

6. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

I KNEW IT WAS MARYANN!! OMGGG!! the 4th time i went, i saw you Maryann ji!! :D:D

7. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

If you are watching the crowd as Rizwan and Mandira are heading toward Meeting the President, I am in the white blouse being pushed out of the way by Rizwan!!!@!!

Bridget's husband is a little harder to glimpse. I have met him and know what he looks like. He is tall and stands heads above the group in the night scene in which Rizwan is making his donation.

8. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

yep yep thats you :cool:

9. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Ok, I'll look out for you when the dvd comes out! :D

10. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

aahh, feeling immensely better
    my mind has been cleansed :D:D:D:lol:

thanks for your review & congratulations on being in the movie to both you & MaryAnn!!
    happy especially that SRK was in the scene with you too, you guys deserve it after all that travelling :p:grouphug:

& really love the fact that you spread te word about SRK by mouth & recommend him to others
    so sweet :thumb: