1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

We all have potential!

Discussion in 'Members reviews' started by junibrown, Aug 12, 2007.

1. junibrown

junibrown New Member

I really enjoyed this film. I'll admit I missed seeing Shahrukh break into song and start dancing, but his performance was so powerful and honest I didn't miss it for too long.

I am impressed with all the messages in this film. I really appreciate Shahrukh playing a part in a film that addressed the divisions that exist in India, such as, class, gender, and even religion. This was really storytelling at its best. To combine so many issues in such subtle and sometimes direct ways.

I almost cried at the end when Kabir Khan brings his mother back home to their house and the little boy is scratching over the word 'traitor' that had been written on the wall in front 7 years prior. What vindication! I also wanted to cry when the boys national hockey team started clapping for the girls national team because they played against them so well. They even held up their hockey sticks as a sign of respect. That was really touching.

I really appreciated the fact that Shahrukh played a Muslim. I cannot remember the last time he played a Muslim. Oh wait, he did play one in Hey Ram. It is so important for people (especially these days) to see positive portrayal of a Muslim man. Especially one who overcomes obstacles in a peaceful way. No matter, whether it be Muslim, Hindu, Christian, or atheist Shahrukh can play just about any role convincingly.

The movie kinda inspired me to want to go join some organized sport for exercise and for the joy of being part of a team. I really hope this movie inspires people in India (and elsewhere) to start appreciating the girl child because they have just as much potential as the boy child does.

2. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Wow yaar I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about those scenes!!:eek::eek:

I really hope so too...there is so much femal feticide in India.:(:(

Thanks Kali!:)

3. Astri

Astri New Member

You're right. That scene was really touching. I almost cried too. Oh well...actually, I had tears in my eyes in most of the scenes.:p

4. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

me too

5. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thanks kali. I also felt like joining a hockey team or something :p srk mentioned this movie will revive the hockey game in india.

6. avggomez

avggomez New Member

lovely revewi kali. you made my eyes watery just reading you reveiw. thanx sweety. wating to watch the movie as soon as possible.

7. filmifan

filmifan bhangraholic nattu

yes, it certainly did a good job of addressing these issues without beating you over the head with preachiness.

8. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

I really appreciated the fact that Shahrukh played a Muslim. I cannot remember the last time he played a Muslim. Oh wait, he did play one in Hey Ram. It is so important for people (especially these days) to see positive portrayal of a Muslim man. Especially one who overcomes obstacles in a peaceful way. No matter, whether it be Muslim, Hindu, Christian, or atheist Shahrukh can play just about any role convincingly.

I completely agree with you kali..great comment: thumb:we all wish the same here in our planet I wish the same for the people outside..