Vijay

Discussion in 'Fanfiction' started by Henry Vyne, Apr 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Henry Vyne

Henry Vyne Member

Hey there! This is a little one-shot for Don that I wrote a few days ago.

It's my first time posting on this site, so tell me if I messed anything up! It's also my first time writing for Don, or any SRK film for that matter.

Please tell me what you think of it!

Roma sat in front of Vijay’s tombstone, letting memories of him, or rather, memories of Don, come to the forefront of her mind. She had never met Vijay; never even spoken to him or seen his face. Yet she had fallen so deeply in love with him. Or was is Don she fell in love with?

It frightened her to think that she had given her heart to Don, the man whom she hated more than anyone else, so she denied it. She may had told Don that she loved him, but she was speaking to Vijay.

The same Vijay who risked his life for the sake of a boy who wasn’t even of his own blood. The same Vijay whom she watched drink himself into intoxication when they were running from the police. The same Vijay who helped reunite Deepu and Jasjit, who courageously helped imprison Vardhaan.

This was the Vijay with whom she fell in love. She knew it wasn’t the real Vijay who had done all of these things, but she also knew it wasn’t Don. Not really. Don wasn’t- Don isn’t that kind of person.

Roma traced Vijay’s name on his tombstone with her fingertips and thought about him. The real him, not the persona Don had created. She knew very little about the real Vijay, but from what Deepu tells her, he was a good person. Silly, and often childish, but he always took care of Deepu. He always made sure he had enough to eat, even if it meant skipping meals himself.

“Bas,” Deepu had told her he said, more than once. “I already ate on the way home. This is for you, so eat it. Besides, what would your father say if I returned you home so scrawny?”

Deepu said that he always knew when Vijay Chacha went to bed hungry, partly because his stomach growled loudly in hunger (which Vijay said was actually because he ate so much), but mostly because he was such a bad liar.

Hearing that made Roma glad. She took comfort in knowing that Vijay wouldn’t have lasted for long undercover, and the torturous death Don’s men would’ve given him would have been far less merciful than his death at the hands of Don.

Even so, as hard as she tried not to, Roma couldn’t help but wonder how De Silva had disposed of Vijay’s body when he thought it was Don’s.

Without warning, thoughts of Vijay stuffed into a body bag at the bottom of a river would invade her mind, making it difficult to get through the day.

Roma had seen some terrible and gruesome things, her childhood and career only making that truer. But everything with Vijay and Don felt so… personal. Not only because it all stemmed from Ramesh and Kamini, but because… she didn’t know what else it was. She just knew that she couldn’t compartmentalize like she normally could. She couldn’t get these images out of her mind, whether it be Vijay’s body, Deepu’s face when he learned that his uncle was dead, or Don’s sadistic smile right before the ambulance doors shut.

Mujhe jungli billiyan bahut pasand hai...

Roma stood up from Vijay’s empty grave and leaned down to place the bouquet of flowers she had been holding against his tombstone. Her thoughts had again taken her to places she didn’t want to be, so she left, knowing that a lingering sense of regret would bring her back again soon.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. Imanek

Imanek Active Member

I really do like it can't wait to read more

Henry Vyne says thanks.
  4. Henry Vyne

Henry Vyne Member

Thank you, Imanek! Actually, though, this is just a one-shot, so I won't be continuing it. I wrote it because I think Vijay is a sadly underappreciated character, and I wanted a small story about him.

Thank you for telling me what you thought, though! That's super cool of you. ^_^

5. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

This is wonderful @Henry Vyne ! :thumb:
    Vijay is such a sympathetic character but he is so totally swamped by Don that I've never give him a lot of thought before. To consider this angle to the story gives it a very satisfying rounding out. Of course Deepu would feel very bad about his loss, and Roma very confused about who she actually fell for. And I love that at least someone is honouring his loss. Great stuff! :D

Henry Vyne says thanks.
  6. Henry Vyne

Henry Vyne Member

Thank you so much, rollercoast!!

What you took from the story is exactly why I wanted to write it in the first place. Vijay's spotlight is definitely stolen by Don, but, you know, it's Don, so I'm not going to complain a whole lot. ^_^ Still, I thought it would be nice to have a little something Vijay centered, and I'm so happy that you enjoyed it!

Seriously, thank you so much for reviewing and telling me what you liked about it. It really made my day.

rollercoast says thanks.