1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Very long review - Teleport

Discussion in 'Asoka' started by rollercoast, Oct 24, 2010.

1. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

http://teleport-city.com/wordpress/?p=797

I just found this very, very long review which is worth a read if you have about an hour to spare.
    The first half just rambles on about nothing to do with the movie and the whole thing is very author focussed and self-indulgent, but once he actually gets to the film and srk its a fun read.

He talks about how he suddeny 'gets' srk - so refreshing to read from a non-B'wood fan!

2. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I love it!!! Thanks for a Khantastic find! I am not finished reading it yet (it is a long read!) but this guy can write about Shah Rukh any day for me. I will have to finish it later. I am going to share this with a few friends too.

Shirtless..
    bathing..
    smiling..
    Ashoka..
    Shah Rukh

3. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Love this bit:

"A little spark from something as disreputable as pop culture can end up with you actually learning a lot about a country and a culture. My journey to Bollywood was a procession of tiny crumbs scattered here and there in a vast forest, but every time I stumbled across a new one, it made learning more all the more enticing. I’m doing my best not to let this breadcrumb trail analogy end up with me being lured into Shahrukh Khan’s gingerbread house (though I know many people who would be willingly lead into such a place). And this is how pop culture works at its best. It piques your interest, and from there, with any luck, you launch a greater exploration and come to a better understanding of other people."

:pound: I'd happily nibble on that particular house!