1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Uploading Pics in the correct sections

Discussion in 'Tutorials/Rules/Questions' started by Wafa, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Please use our Photo Album to upload your pics !! then you can link them to your topics.

go to the photo Album http://www.planetsrk.com/forums/gallery/
    and upload in the corresponding categories.

SEE Below for explanations in English/French/German.

thanks to Lamya and Heike for the translations.

2. Dir*Dil

Dir*Dil New Member

Re: Uploading Pics

Insallah my sister we will do that

wish you a nice life

3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

In order to keep our Photo Album organized, I thought its necessary to explain to everyone how the Photo Album works and how to decide what section to upload the pictures in.

If you have noticed the Photo Album includes the following sections:

• srk snap shots
    • fanatics (avatars, signatures, animations, art work)
    • wallpapers
    • personal pics (members with srk)
    • family album
    • various captures (movies, tv shows, dvd covers)
    • ads/commercials
    • award functions
    • events
    • concerts
    • misc images of srk only
    • pics assortiments (no srk)

Snap Shots: those are basically single pics of srk, usually he's posing to the camera, head shots, portraits.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

the majority of snap shots dont belong to any event or occasion, otherwise if it was an event, like a birthday party, wedding, music release, etc.. it would go to Event section or the corresponding section.

this pic although it was taken in a concert, [​IMG] it fits best in the snap shot section coz its a headshot of srk.

this pic [​IMG] although it was taken in a movie, I wouldnt put it in the movie section, coz its a single shot of srk posing to the camera, so it best fits in the snap shot.

i know its a bit confusing but use your common sense judgement. do not post concerts and ads in snap shots or misc sections.

similarily, pics of concerts will go to the concert sections.
    pics of birthdays, parties, weddings, meetings, any event, should be uploaded in the Events section.

pics of magazine articles (not magazine covers) , greeting cards, members, any misc. pics should be posted in the last section of Pic Assortments (non-srk).

if the pics were taken from movies, like this one [​IMG] should be in the movie section, not in snap shot where I found it.

if you know a pic have already been posted in a topic, such as a birthday party (event) of srk and gauri, and you wanted to use it in the family album, do not upload the pic again and duplicate it... just copy the link and insert the pic in the topic you want.
    same thing for nattu pics, or magazine covers, or any topic. do not duplicate the pics, just see if it was uploaded and use the same link to insert in any other topic you want.

I hope the above was helpful and clear. if you are confused just ask us the questions and we're glad to help.

organizing the gallery and the album is not an easy job and takes a lot of work. so please help us make this an organized and friendly place and easy to use for everyone.

4. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

thx alot wafa for taking your time out on this explanation...
    i hope this clears out evrything...
    and members if u still dont understand please free to ask

5. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Also let me add one more thing...
    you can upload BMP type of files but this type is large in size and its not preferred, try to save your pics as JPEG OR JPG. then upload.
    you can use photoshop to save your pics as jpeg or jpg.

6. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I keep finding pics of scenes from different movies in the snap shot section :D even animations and pic of srk's behind:p

I hope the meaning of "snap shot" was clear in my msg above.
    obviously animations should be uploaded in the animation section, and movie pics should be uploaded in the movie section ;)

7. Masala Maami

Masala Maami New Member

Wow! That was a wonderfully detailed explanation Wafaji :p If anyone has any doubts, please ask us before posting the concerned pics :D

8. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Thanks Wafa for your explain!

I'll do my best and hope I do nothing wrong in future!

And you've right... sometimes it is difficult to know in which section I should upload a pic... I'll ask the next time when I'm insecure! ;)

Thanks again! :)

9. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

thanks for the info didi... will keep that in mind

10. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thanks everyone for complying.

As we are always attempting to find the best way to organize our forum, please note the following:

We have the Concerts, Awards & Evenings sub-forum: this should only include all srk concerts, award shows and functions and srk dinners or exclusive evenings.

All others including: birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, DVD/CD releases, premieres, etc... should remain in the Photo Gallery.

11. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

ALL pictures uploaded in other hosting sites including imageshack, photobucket, losso or whatever thats called.. will be deleted without notice.
    in addition to personally notifying several members via pm, I have personally flooded the forum with request to upload in our Photo Album ONLY.

by uploading in other image hosting sites we end u p with "x" box and lose the image eventually. upload the pics in our Album so we don't lose them.

Thank you for your cooperations.

12. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Please Note I have opened a separate sub-category in the Photo Album for magazine articles only. and I gave it a very simple clear name so everyone can understand it, simply: Articles from Magazines.

The reason I made this category was because I found out that some members have been mistakenly posting the articles in the Magazine Cover Pictures !

Magazine cover pics are not for articles, it is obviously PICTURES of the cover of the magazines.... its only the first page/ the face of the magazine, the cover page.... I don't know how else I can explain it.
    Please DO NOT upload articles in the the Magazine Cover Picture category.

13. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

In addition, if you don't know what category a pic belong to, this doesn't mean it belongs to the Misc. category... read this topic to understand how and where to upload pics, otherwise just ask any of the moderators.

14. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

Translation:

Utiliser les albums photos pour telecharger vos photos!!! ensuite vous pouvez les poster dans le sujet dans le quel vous souhaiter en faisant la manip suitvante.
    Une fois la photo telecharger, click droit, propriété et copier l'adresse URL en entier.Une fois dans le sujet , cliquer sur répondre puis cliquer sur le bouton [​IMG] et coller l'url de la photo et vous verrez votre image apparaitre, cliquer sur "submit message" et le tour est joué.
    Dans le menu de planet srk forum choisissez photo gallery ou alors cliquer sur le lien ci- dessous:
    http://www.planetsrk.com/forums/gallery/
    et telecharger dans l'album qui convient

15. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

Afin d'avoir une gallerie de photos organiser, je pense qu'il faut que je vous explique comment et surtout où il faut télécharger les photos.

Vous dever avoir remarquer que le gallerie comprend plusieurs dossiers:

srk snap shots
    fanatics (avatars, signatures, animations, art work)
    wallpapers
    personal pics (members with srk)
    family album
    various captures (movies, tv shows, dvd covers)
    ads/commercials
    award functions
    events
    concerts
    misc images of srk only
    pics assortiments (no srk)

Snap Shots: C'est toutes les photos de shahrukh tout seul, normalement il pose pour la camera, buste, portraits.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

la majorité des snaps shots ne font pas partie d'un evenement ou d'une occasion particulière, si c'était le cas, tel qu'anniversaire, mariage, premiere d'un album de musique ou de films etc.. Ces photos devraient être télécharger dans la catégorie correspondante.

Cette photo,même si elle à été prise pendant un concert , [​IMG] serait mieux dans l'album "snap shot" car c'est une photo de son buste.

Cette photo [​IMG] elle à été prise d'un film, mais on ne doit pas la placer dans l'album des films, car c'est un protrait de Shahrukh, posant pour la camera, donc mieux placé dans "snap shots".
    Je sais que toutes ces instructions peuvent prêter à confusion mais utiliser votre intelligence.
    Ne télécharger pas des photos de concert ou de ces pubs dans la section "snap shots" ou "misc sections".

Similairement , les photos de concert seront télécharger dans la section "concert".
    Photos d'anniversaire, soirées,mariage, reunion, n'importe quel evenment,devront être telecharger dans la section" Events".

Photos de magazine et articles (pas les couvertures) , carte de voeux, photos de membres,et divers photos. devront êre télécharger dans la derniere section "Pic Assortments "(non-srk).

Si les photos ont été prised de films, telle quecelle ci [​IMG] elle doivent se trouver dans la section "movie" et non dans la sacyion "snap shots"
    S'il y a une photo,qui a déjà été télécharger dans un sujet tel que "birthday party" ( event) de shahrukh and gauri et que vous souhaiter utiliser cette photo dans l'album famille, ne la telechager pas de nouveau et faire un double...copier l'adresse url et insérer la photo là où vous le souhaiter
    Ceux ci est également valable pour les "nattus" photos,ou couverture de magazine , où pour quelconque autre sujet. Ne télécharger pas de photos doubles , contôler si elles ont été télécharger avant, si soui utiliser l'adresse url pour insérer la photo dans le sujet dans laquelle vous souhaitiez .

J'espère que mes explications on étéclaires .Si c'est confus n'hesiter pas à nous poser des questions,nous sommes là pour vous aider.

Organiser et maintenir de l'ordre dans les albums n'est pas travail facile, s'il vous plait aider nous à garder ces albums un endroit organiser et facile d'utilisation pour tous.

16. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

Laisser moi ajouter encore une chose...
    Vous pouvez télécharger les photos en mode BMP, mais en general ces photos sont de grosse photos et demandant de la place , sauvegarder vos photos en mode JPEG ou JPG, ensuite télécharger.
    Pour sauvegarder vos photos en mode jpeg ou jpg vous pouvez utilisez photoshop...

17. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

Je continue de trouver des photos de scenes de films dans "snap shot" :D même des animations et des photos du dos de shahrukh:p
    J'espère que l'explication de "snap shot" dans mon message ci dessus était claire.
    Il va de soi que les animations doivent être télécharger dans la section "animation", photos de film dans la section "movie";)

18. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

Merci de votre compréhension.

Dans le but de rendre notre forum encore mieux organiser, noter les infos suivantes:

Nous avons un album concert,awards & evenings:
    Cette catégorie doit contenir des photos de concert, les ceremonies d'oscars , d'eventuels diner , fonctions ou diner exclusive de shahrukh .
    Toutes les autres photos: anniversaires, marriages, soirees de presentation de Cd/DVD, premieres de films etc....doivent se trouver dans la gallerie photo

19. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

Toutes photos telecharger dans les autres sites de telechargement tels que imageshack, photobucket, losso ou que sais je encore... seront effacer sans notice préalable.
    Additionellement d'avoir envoyé des messages privés aux membres, j'ai personnelement innonder le forum de messages demandant à ce que l'on telecharge dans notre section album photo seulement.
    En téléchargeant dans d'autre domaines, nous finissons par avoir des "x" et perdons les images eventuellement. telechager dans nos albums afin qu'on ne les perde pas.
    Merci pour votre coopération.

20. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

Notez svp, que j'ai crée un sous dossier dans le dossier photo album seulement pour les articles apparaissant dans les magazines.
    Et je lui ai donneé pour nom quelque chose de très clair afin que tout le monde puisse comprendre:" Articles from Magazines."

La raison pour laquelle j'ai crée cette catégorie, j'ai constat" que beaucoup de membre par erreur poste les articles dans l'album "magazine covers"

"Magazine cover pics" n'est pas une catégorie ou l'on peut telecharger les articles, C'est destiné que pour les "couvertures de magazine" .... seulement la première page, la couverture.... Je ne vois comment expliquer mieux!!!!

S'il vous plait ne télécharger pas les articles dans l'album "Magazine Cover Picture "