1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Unknown Facts About Pardes

Discussion in 'Pardes' started by Pakiza, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

1. The original name of "PARDES" was "GANGA" which was conceived by SUBHASH GHAI before "KHALNAYAK".
    2. Screenplay of "PARDES" was written by SUBHASH GHAI himself
    which won him the FILMFARE award.

3. Mahima's original name was Ritu Chaudhary.

4. It was the first time that Nadeem-Shravan and Anand Bakshi came together.
    5. The English song "My first day in America" was written by singer
    Hema Sardesai and was composed by Subhash Ghai and Tabun Sutradhar.
    6. The foreign locations in the film were picturised in the beautiful city of Vancouver, Canada and Las Vegas of U.S.A. while the Indian part was shot at the original beds of the river Ganga, Rishikesh, Agra - Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri and Mysore (where Ganga's House was erected in 200 Acres of land).

7. "PARDES" was nominated in more than 13 categories by all the Award Institutions in 1998

RizwanaShahrukh says thanks.
  2. Anoush

Anoush SRK's Lovely Sister

thank you pakiza for this topic

3. Astri

Astri New Member

Thanks Nattu. Maybe they changed Ritu into Ganga coz they have changed the title.:p

4. pakiza_srk

pakiza_srk New Member

hey thanx....

5. srk-nihal

srk-nihal Winning Hearts

Thanks Pakiza for infos :thumb: I love this movie and I prefer Pardes than Ganga :p

6. Adaneth

Adaneth New Member

Thx Pakiza for that infos.

7. mysterywoman

mysterywoman New Member

thanks dear:)

8. mysterywoman

mysterywoman New Member

thanks dear:)

9. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

whew! same here :thumb:

10. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I love this film for Shah Rukh! Being from the US, I have a difficult time with how they move around from place to place and the places are not even connected!! Oh, well, it is Bollywood and I have to let go of reality. I keep telling myself that. I love watching their relationship develop chukpe chukpe!!

11. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

yeah, thats true
    only way to connect how they get from india to vegas is because they live there?

12. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

i was just reading this, cant believe i missed it but damn...i didnt know all those things. Mysore is where my family (dad's side) is from and its beautiful!!! and the title being conceived before Khalnayak? damn thats old!!!

but Pardes suits the plot so much more than "ganga"