1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Tweets about Jab Tak Hai Jaan

Discussion in 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' started by bluey[Ru], Jan 8, 2012.

1. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

It's still in Tampa at least till Wednesday, I have to go again.......I'm hopeless........in love that is...:p

2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

...... and with arms spread out wide.... :redface: :lol:

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  3. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Good for you Debbie! :thumb: How many times now? :D

Debbie says thanks.
  4. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I've seen JTHJ five times now, and am ready for the DVD, so I can fast forward over the girl to girl talk and only watch SRK's performance. As good as Katrina and Anushka are, he is just so much better. He was really daring to go without makeup for his mature character. His bare face is much more expressive and fun to watch without the heavy makeup.

Debbie says thanks.
  5. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

:nod: He looks so fishing beautiful and rugged! And it made the ageing process through the film seem very natural.

Five times Mara? Wonderful! You're one up on me! :D

Mara says thanks.
  6. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

It will be my fourth, I was complaining last night about why does it have to be so far away........I would of seen it many more times if it was closer....

7. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

You are so lucky! I too can't wait till the DVD......rewinding all his parts over and over, his face is so beautiful that everything and everyone else disappears from the screen for me....

Mara says thanks.
  8. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

i watch it 7 times :)

Mara and Debbie thank this.
  9. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

You lucky, lucky girl!!!!!!!!!

10. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

Kiaara Sandhu @KiaaraSandhu

-Best Movie in UK Critically &Commercially are...JTHJ,,ETT,,Housefull 2,,Cocktail,,EMET.
    -Best Movies in Pakistan in 2012 Critically & Commercially are..JTHJ,,Janaat 2,,Cocktail,,Rowdy Rathore,,SOTY,,SOS,,Jism 2.
    -Best Movies in Australia in 2012 Critically & Commercially are..JTHJ,,Housefull 2,,Cocktail,,ETT,,Talaash
    -Best Movies in USA in 2012 Commercially & Critically are..JTHJ,,ETT,,Barfii,,Talaash,,Housefull 2.
    -Best Movies in UAE in 2012 Commercially & Critically are,,JTHJ,,ETT,,Talaash,,Housefull 2,,Cocktail,,Rowdy Rathore,,Janaat 2,,Agneepath

11. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

What does he mean by best movie? Was this based on a poll or based on box office collections?

On the other side... it's strange how Shah always LEADS in every country except India (well recently... Im still shocked as to how non-shah movies work there like crazy! :rolleyes:) I guess it shows the difference in the audiences sensibilities...

semsem008 says thanks.
  12. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

Data based on the BO and the audience reaction.

I see nothing strange in the fact that not only SRK movies are a success in India.

13. RizwanaShahrukh

Lol I meant NON-SRK movies... referring to all those south remakes... I have seen them and I see nothing great in them. Hence I find it strange that Indians LOVE such movies and they run amazingly well amongst the masses :)

semsem008 says thanks.
  14. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

We are not Indians))))), we do not understand them ....

15. RizwanaShahrukh

True :lol: But it's amazing lol.... Those movies are the worst Ive seen

16. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I wrote a paper on this for a class. It’s a matter of what people value. India values feelings and relationships, and that’s why masala movies are so popular.

The famous psychologist, Carl Jung saw universal `types' in people’s personality, which he used as a basis for describing different personality types, or typology. These types are all present in all of us, but there tends to be one predominant type or normal mode of organizing our experience, joined with a corresponding type that is less used. For example, thinking types and feeling types. We all have both, but one is usually much stronger than the other. It doesn’t mean that a person who values feelings can’t think, or even think brilliantly. It just means that feelings are more important to them.

The Jungian psychologist, Robert Johnson, talked about how different countries also have a different collective typology or majority personality type. He saw the USA as a mostly thinking culture and India as a mostly feeling culture. He writes:

“No one had informed me, and I hadn’t been aware of the fact, that the Indians who are here (in the USA) are the misfits back home in India, and they’ve come to an extrovert, thinking land where they feel at home. Not everybody is of the same type in any culture. It’s the extroverted, college trained Indians who came here and by typology, I was not at ease with them. I didn’t know this. I wasn’t prepared for it. I got to India, and entered into a flood of introverted feeling. And under generally adverse circumstances, felt wonderfully at home. So my introverted feeling function found itself in a kind of a hot house, so to speak, and could grow rapidly and learn many things and felt a kind of safety I had never felt in my life before.….India puts relationship at the top of the list of values. I was not aware, and most people aren’t, of collective atmospheres, which are very, very strong. One who has never been outside the collective atmosphere of the US doesn’t know about it, because he or she has nothing to contrast it with.”

Hope this wasn’t too long. I tried to shorten it.

RizwanaShahrukh says thanks.
  17. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Masala films (not necessarily south remakes which have been masala films themselves) work big among the masses because they're very indian in their feel, high on entertainment and are very simple. So all in all it's easy for the masses to connect to such films, they don't like complex and classy films.

RizwanaShahrukh, MaryAnnK and Mara thank this.
  18. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

19. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

20. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

precious_ain, iamsrking and Rayhana thank this.