Translation of Ep 50

Discussion in 'KBC Translation' started by sonal, Apr 18, 2007.

1. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: Thank you very much. I Shahrukh Khan, am here with my plethora of questions. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, let's all get together and play KBC. time is flying on the back of a horse and there are only 3 days left. That reminds me…in a man’s life the biggest challenge are those 3 questions asked in an interview…not by your boss but by your mother-in-law to be. What do you do? how much do you earn? Will you keep our daughter happy or not? Before my marriage I had a nightmare that I was in front of Gauri’s parents. The first question was asked…

What do you do?
    I'm an actor.
    Yeah, yeah we know that but what work do you do?
    Ma’am I'm an actor so I act.
    If our daughter wants to see acting she can buy a ticket for 50 rupees and see it in the theater. Why does she have to marry for that?
    Well, Gauri is in love with me.
    Gauri loves her dog Tommy too. So what, she’ll marry it? Anyway, how much do you earn?
    Well, a little, a lot…
    Tell us clearly, a little or a lot?
    I said, Well ma’am, a little…
    If you earn so little where will you keep Gauri?
    I said in a very romantic way…in my heart.
    Such a small place is not enough. Buy a big house with 2 or 3 bedrooms and then come back!

Thank God that was just a bad dream. Actually my in-laws are very sweet and they love me very much. But one thing is certain. You need to answer 3 questions to become a pati (husband) and 15 to become a crorepati and they can be dangerous.

With me today is Mumukshu Mohanty who's a marketing communications executive from Bangalore. She loves Literature and Art. She's not very interested in playing games but if she wins 2 crores today she’ll open a Mumu’s Café where people can read, surf the net, kids can play games etc. if she suffers a loss in this business she wouldn’t feel sad. With her is her husband Ishwar ji. How are you? Did Mumukshu’s family ask you any such questions?

Ishwar: The questions were even more difficult.
    SRK: Tell us one question which really scared you.
    Ishwar: I’ll tell you in private.
    SRK: Yeah I know, I’ve been through this, sometimes you're asked very embarrassing questions. What do you do?
    Ishwar: I'm a writer.
    SRK: Wonderful. This is a creative husband and wife team. She also reads a lot I hear. I wish you all the best and I wish Mumukshu all the best. We also have the whole of India playing along so let me talk to them…are we ready to go? Let’s play KBC. you're a little nervous but once you start answering you’ll be fine.
    1st question

(quest)

Mum: C-Action.
    SRK: Have you seen a film shooting before?
    Mum: Yes.
    SRK: Do they say this?
    Mum: In the one I saw, yes.
    SRK: Oh they did in that shooting. Who knows if they say it all the time right? But that’s the right answer. 2nd question

(quest)

Mum: B-Tug-of-war.
    SRK: Right answer. 3rd question

(quest)

Mum: D-Bhai bhai.
    SRK: Right answer. 4th question

(quest)

Mum: A-Vista.
    SRK: Right answer. Well done. Those at home are leading because they are playing for 1 lakh. Good to go? 5th question

(quest)

Mum: D-Jainism.
    SRK: Right answer. Islam started in Saudi Arabia, Christianity in West Asia, Shintoism – Japan and Jainism – India. You're playing very well. You have something to say?
    Mum: yes I do actually….
    SRK: Speak louder.
    Mum: I want to tell you that we have a lot of arguments at home because of your movie KHKN. Ishwar has seen 50-100 reruns of that movie and I'm fed up. He's a big fan of yours.
    SRK: Looking at you and his film choice I can tell that his choices are great. We’ll be right back.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: Welcome back. With me is Mumukshu who’s won 20,000 rupees. Now you have a new lifeline, flip the question. Ishwar, what kind of books do you write?
    Ishwar: Last year a non-fiction book of mine was released. It was titled: Bangalore, the Expat story, about expatriates living in Bangalore. Now I'm writing about the Naxal movement.
    SRK: Wow, you write serious books. Does he write well?
    Mum: yes.
    SRK: Nice! The whole thing in one home. That’s a nice setup.
    Mum: Mutual admiration society.
    SRK: Yeah…look at this book, darling. Oh it's the world’s best book. Now the 6th question

(quest)

Mum: C-Swades.
    SRK: Do you watch films?
    Mum: Yes….
    SRK: How many times have you seen KHKN?
    Mum: Oh God!
    SRK: What do you mean by that?
    Mum: I have seen it at least 2-3 times. But after that reruns upon reruns upon reruns…how much can I see?
    SRK: How many times have you read his books? When you read them do you feel it's reruns upon reruns upon reruns? Ok Swades is the right answer. Your name Mumukshu is a bit difficult to pronounce. What does it mean?
    Mim: One who's looking for Moksha (eternal salvation).
    SRK: Salvation with Ishwar (God). Perfect jodi (couple). 7th question

(quest)

Mum: B-Kerala.
    SRK: How's that?
    Mum: The language is Malayalam.
    SRK: Right answer. Now that’s I have it in front of me, I understand. 8th question

(quest)

Mum: I think it's Indu but I'm confused by Indira too. Let's have the 50-50…..it’s Indu.
    SRK: Right answer. Very well done. Let's take a short break.

4. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

Welcome back. We are playing with Mumukshu. 9th question for 3,20,000. please speak louder. How would you like it if I spoke this way…
    Mum: I understood completely.
    SRK:Hmmm?
    SRK: Hmmm?
    SRK: Well done. 9th question

(quest)

Mum: I know about Geetagovinda but which language…it's not Hindi or Sanskrit.
    SRK: Do you know any words from it?
    Mum: If I did I would know which language it is.
    SRK: My intelligence is of a very high level.
    Mum: I think it's Bengali. It's not Hindi or Sanskrit.
    SRK: Why do you think that?
    Mum: Jayadeva was Bengali. Let's use the audience poll.
    SRK: 39% think it's Sanskrit. Majority are leaning towards Sanskrit with Hindi a close second.
    Mum: It's not Sanskrit.
    SRK: Why are you convinced that the audience is wrong?
    Mum: my gut instinct says so. I'd like to flip the question.
    SRK: What would you have chosen?
    Mum: Bengali.
    SRK: No, that’s wrong. The right answer is Sanskrit just like the audience said. Please audience, take a bow. Now the new question

(quest)

Mum: D-Olive Ridley Turtles.
    SRK: Sure?
    Mum: Yes.
    SRK: I'm confused by the question so I have no idea of the answer. Freeze it? That’s the right answer. How did you know?
    Mum: I knew. I'd read about the conservation efforts of the Olive Ridley Turtles.
    SRK: So you read books other than Ishwar’s.
    Mum: I try.
    SRK: Let's see where your efforts take you. Let's take a break.

5. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: Welcome back. With me is Mumukshu for 6,40,000. She got confused on a few questions but you're doing well. Good to go? 10th question

(quest)

Mum: Rajiv Gandhi did not die in office. He was campaigning for the next elections when he was assassinated.
    SRK: So what can the answer be?
    Mum: A-Rajiv Gandhi.
    SRK: Absolutely correct. Here's your first check. Should I give you…. should I not?
    Mum: Think about it.
    SRK: Ok, I’ll give it. What will you do with this money?
    Mum: The normal aspirations anyone has. I’ll also try to give some for a cause. But the important thing is that I came here, answered well, met you…
    SRK: I'm glad you say that. I hope you win more. You can have Mumu’s café, dairy, restaurant, hotel…
    Mum: No, enough.
    SRK: Everywhere you look…Mumu, Mumu…and you at home can also win 1 lakh and start something in your name like Mumu will. 11th question…

(quest)

Mum: that’s a Jainism site and according to Jain rites they go into Samadhi (starve to die). This emperor did that too but I don’t know which one. It's not D or A. Harshavardhan ruled before Jainism came about. It's B-Chandragupta Maurya…..maybe not.
    SRK: This is the safest position to play in.
    Mum: Could be C too....I’ll freeze on B.
    SRK: Why did you think C- Samudragupta?
    Mum: Maybe I'd read it somewhere?
    SR: B’s the right answer. Well done! Time for another check. How do you feel now? Did you think you would come this far?
    Mum: No.
    SRK: So now what will you do with the money?
    Mum: I’ll invest it wisely for my child. My husband and I like to see the world. We’ll try to do some of that.
    SRK: I hope you win more and see not some, but the whole world. You need Mumu’s hotel to become a chain of international hotels. Let's take a break.

Welcome back. We’re here with Mumukhu and her husband, Ishwar. We were discussing personal likes……Ishwar you're a writer, idealistic, creative, poet, material things don’t matter much usually. But what do you feel about the way Mumukshu’s playing?
    Ishwar: I'm very happy. In the creative process you have to give up a lot of material comforts so it's good that….
    SRK: You're such a soft spoken, beautiful couple. Please speak louder.
    Ishwar: If we can augment our income in one way or the other it's really good. Because I'm pursuing a dream so I have to give up a lot of money in that process. So this is really big for us.
    SRK: I hope that as a couple you both think freely, creatively and write good stuff. Those are the most beautiful things in the world. And you are one of the most beautiful couple I've seen in the world. One lifeline left so Mumukshu…it's such a difficult name. What do you affectionaltely call her?
    Ishwar: Mumu.
    SRK: May I call her that too? Ok Mumu. When words get difficult I get all….ok 12th question

(quest)

Mum: it's not A, it's too far up for the Japanese. They probably invaded from the Bay of Bengal side. I think it's Kohima but I'm not sure.
    SRK: If you have to cross your fingers tightly, don’t take the chance. If you can cross them lightly, answer. You still have 1 lifeline.
    Mum: I’d like to call Kaushik Srinivasan.
    SRK: What does he do?
    Mum: He's a research scientist.
    SRK: Hello Kaushik? I'm Shahrukh from KBC.
    Kaushik: Hi, pretty nice talking to you.
    SRK: Were you working?
    Kaushik: Not really, I'm fine.
    SRK: I think I interrupted your shower?
    Kaushik: Surely not. I was working.
    SRK: Sorry, I know you're a research scientist and I don’t want to disturb you, but your friend needs your help. He sounds like a scientist…all preoccupied…H2SO4 and boom! She's playing for 25 lakhs and needs your help.
    Kaushik: I don’t know, I’m sorry.
    SRK: Last lifeline gone. You can take a chance or leave by shaking my hand or giving me a hug or strangling me for asking such a tough question.
    Mum: It's very tough. I just noticed the hat. Can I wear it?
    SRK: Why didn’t you ask before? Some contestants get scared of the noise. Then all the wrong answers leave their head. Mr. Computer tells me that the audience knows the answer. Take some time.
    Mum: I think it's Kohima, just a bit. If Kaushik had given even a hint I would take the risk. I would have been more confident if he had said 50 or 75 % about any of these.
    SRK: It's a tough question but the last 4-5 questions will be tough.
    Mum: I'm leaving.
    SRK: Ok. I hope this money is useful for you, your husband and child. Here’s my book since you like to read. I hope I'm not too personal, I'm saying very sweetly, but I think this book weighs more than you do. But which answer would you have chosen?
    Mum: Kohima.
    SRK: That’s the right answer. Ishwar thought it was B. But the audience thought it was Kohima. A hand for yourself. Thank you for coming. let me help you…I know this book is very heavy. Let me hold this, gimme the check, gimme a hug, and go, I’m keeping everything here.

Oh this is very exciting! Mumukshu left with 12,50,000. Someone here will win 2 lakhs and you at home can win lakhs. We have 10 new contestants one of whom can win 2 crores. They are: introduces them

The winner is Pradeep Rana. Yes, you will go to the hot seat.

SRK: Oh! You were running towards the hot seat. We’ll get there but not today, but in the next episode.

The winner of 2 lakhs here is Jagdish Prasad.

Time for me to leave, to say goodbye. My respects to all my elders and to the kids…will you say goodnight? With a kiss? Boys and girls…Mmmmaaa. Goodnight.