1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

TOIFA 2013 in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Concerts, Awards & Exclusive Eves' started by mumbiene, Jan 22, 2013.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

2. mumbiene

Bollywood film awards coming to B.C. this April

Global News : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:17 PM

Premier Christy Clark has confirmed Vancouver will host the Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA) this April.

The awards show, thought of as the “Bollywood Oscars,” will take place at various locations around the Lower Mainland on April 4th and 6th.

B.C. will provide $9.5 million in matching funding to the Times Group towards producing the event. An additional $1.5 million is being budgeted for various activities in B.C. including hosting the BC-India Global Business Forum.

The immediate economic benefit of hosting The Times of India Film Awards is estimated to be between $13 million to $18 million of direct spending. The province will also receive exposure in India.

Global News reporter Jas Johal broke the story back on January 15 in an exclusive News Hour report.
    http://www.globaltvbc.com/bollywood+film+awards+coming+to+bc+this+april/6442793604/story.html

There is also a nice vid on this site​

Tash, MaryAnnK, RizwanaShahrukh and 2 others thanked this.
  3. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

lol ! There are a billion film awards in BW and they all try to advertise themselves as Bollwood Oscars... :rolleyes:

4. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

Again why the comparison to Hollywood.....:rolleyes:

5. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

is this a new award ceramony? know matter what each type claims the fact is filmfare is bollywoods best award i dont mean to offend anyone but in either inner or outer world of srk shahrukh said he doesnt like comparisons of hindi film industry with hollywood and i agree with him why call themselves oscars i hate it lol originality should be at its best

6. mumbiene

B.C. government to spend $11 million to bring Bollywood awards to Vancouver
    by Craig Takeuchi on Jan 22, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Premier Christy Clark confirmed at a Vancouver press conference on Tuesday (January 22) that the inaugural 2013 Times of India Film Awards will be held in Metro Vancouver from April 4 to 6.

“The Times of India Film Awards will be seen by hundreds of millions of people in one of the world’s fastest-growing economies and Vancouver will be centre stage,” Premier Clark stated. “This is one piece of our government’s outreach efforts in India, opening up new opportunities for trade and investment that will create jobs here at home. This is a tremendous economic opportunity for British Columbia to reach new markets—one that we will take advantage of.”
    The province will spend $9.5 million to match funds from the Times of India Group for the new event. An additional $1.5 million will fund various B.C. activities, including the BC-India Global Business Forum.
    The provincial government claims the event is estimated to generate $13 million to $18 million in spending in B.C. from tourism and event production.
    The awards ceremony, to be held at BC Place with a potential live audience of 30,000, will be broadcast globally. According to the news release, the ceremony will include performances by Bollywood's biggest stars, including Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, and more.
    The celebrations will include a music event at Pacific Coliseum and Bollywood film screenings across the province. Online voting for popular awards by audience begins February 1 and tickets for the awards begin on February 15.
    The Vancouver press conference included Pat Bell, Minister of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training and Minister Responsible for Labour; Iain Black, Vancouver Board of Trade president and CEO; Times of India Group board of directors A.P. Parigi; actress Chitrangada Singh; and choreographer Shiamak Davar.
    Another press conference for the awards will be held in Mumbai, India, on January 29.
    The announcement of the awards being launched in B.C. arrives on the heels of the provincial government's failed bid to bring the International Indian Film Academy Awards to Vancouver.
    The IIFA confirmed in a press release on January 21 that it will not be holding this year's awards in Vancouver. The IIFA awards, which are held in a different city around the world each year, made its first appearance in North America in 2011 when Ontario spent $12 million to bring the IIFA to Toronto. The IIFA Awards had previously been held in cities such as Amsterdam, Singapore, Bangkok, London, Dubai, and Johannesburg.
    However, the TOIFA event announcement also arrives amid concerns about the exclusion of the film industry from the provincial government's Jobs Plan. The production industry responded to the news earlier this month by launching the Save B.C. Film campaign.
    A town hall industry forum will be held tonight (January 22) at North Shore Studios to discuss concerns about the future of the local motion picture industry.
    http://www.straight.com/movies/3448...d-11-million-bring-bollywood-awards-vancouver

Tash, MaryAnnK and Vegainko thank this.
  7. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

8. FKhan

FKhan KTVSRK

Tash says thanks.
  9. mumbiene

TOIFA awards launched by Shah Rukh Khan

[​IMG]
    Shah Rukh Khan and Shamak Davar at the launch press conference of TOIFA in Mumbai.

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan on Tuesday launched a new set of awards aimed at honouring and recognising excellence in Hindi Cinema.

"I am happy and fortunate to be here to launch this. We want to put India on a global platform. We want to put our best foot forward. It is a great platform," Khan told reporters.

He was speaking at the launch of the Awards ' title=' Times of India Film Awards '>Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA) at a suburban hotel in Mumbai.

"I think awards are a great representation of our hard work and effort that we put in to entertain our audiences," he said.

In its first year, TOIFA will be held in Vancouver, Canada, from April 4 to 6 this year.

"I had been to Vancouver while I was shooting for 'Pardes'...I had a great time there. It is an amazing city...a film-friendly place," Shah Rukh said.

The actor said he would be performing at the awards ceremony.

"I would be performing at the awards on different songs. I would be meeting Shamak Davar and discuss how we will go ahead with the performance....It will be a big, big item at TOIFA," he said
    http://english4.samaylive.com/enter...-of-india-film-awards-shah-rukh-khan-awa.html

10. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

another oscars lol great to see the king launching it will be looking forward because of shahrukh

11. sweetie

sweetie Member

I just went to my local video store where they were selling floor seats for the awards and the guy told me the seat prices were $3500, $2500 and $1000! I was very shocked. I think it's a little steep...i expected it to around like $500 or $600. That's how much it was for Temptations 2004 when SRK came.

12. mumbiene

The prices are very expensive and you are sure there are not seats cheaper

13. sweetie

sweetie Member

There are seats cheaper that will be available but those ones are in the stands. Those tickets will be on sale through the website. But my point is if they want this awards function to be a success they should at least have tickets at a reasonable price regardless if it's on the floor or the stands. It seems like the sponsors families will be the only ones on the floor and the real fans will be the ones in the stands. I think that's totally unfair, I really wanted floor seats but I can't afford it.

mumbiene and Debbie thank this.
  14. mumbiene

I agree with you, that`s not fair.
    I have taken a lot of those events and there are a lot of people they have the best seats( got tickets from there work or were sponsers )but they have not so much interest as we fans , the only is for them that the public see them at the event.

15. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

16. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Krisi_love_SRK says thanks.
  17. sweetie

sweetie Member

Ya I agree with the fact that the sponsors or their families get the best seats and are the least bit interested. I remember for Temptations 2004 my sisters got me front row tickets as a gift and the whole row were filled with kind of middle aged people who weren't screaming or cheering for any actor or actress at all. I was the only one cheering and they looked @ me like I was some sort of freak.

18. sweetie

sweetie Member

did anyone here get tickets today?

19. Krisi_love_SRK

Krisi_love_SRK Well-Known Member

20. bijal

bijal Well-Known Member

Is anyone planning to go to TOIFFA?