Time for our annual award to ShahRukh

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Connection' started by Wafa, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!! Staff Member

During the last 4 years we've started a PlanetSRK tradition by sending SRK our "The King and PlanetSRK Love & Appreciation Award".

so far we have presented him with 3 awards and he loved them and displayed them in his Mannat office and in RedChillies old office as well, we've seen pictures of it and I've seen them in person. its time now to continue our tradition and send him this year's award that he surely deserves. if you haven't seen our award or SRK pic holding our award yet, check the original thread
    HERE. last award was given to him in Houston during the Asian festival and we have videos of it, the whole world witnessed it since it was on CNN

Now we have a group of us collecting contributions so we can order the Award and send next month but we need more help and more contributors to make it easier on each person financially. I am also adding another similar gift but smaller size, not an award, but made at same place to my contact at Red Chillies who usually delivers the award and takes pictures for us. he had our old broken award that said "PlanetSRK" on his desk from previous year and he's very happy with it, but since its broken piece I will send him one at my own expense.SRK's award cost $200 and the shipping from fedex was quoted at $200 delivered in 5 days. so far we have the following contributors:

1- Pompula
    (PAID)
    2- Ishq19 (PAID)
    3- irene (PAID)
    4- Kalee (PAID)
    5- Frenchfan
    (PAID)
    6- shublee (PAID)
    7- MaryAnnk (PAID)
    8- StellaM (PAID)
    9- Bijal (PAID)
    10-Rajshri (PAID)
    11-Anja (PAID)
    12-Kati (PAID)
    13-Pratima (PAID)
    14-Petra (PAID)
    15-Karin (dadi) (PAID)
    16-Shervin (PAID)
    17-Anke (PAID)
    18-Priyanka (PAID)
    19-Jaya (PAID)
    20-Salma (srkgauri) (PAID)
    21-Mahzabin (gauri_fairy) (PAID)
    22-Chris (Starstuff) (PAID)
    23-anonymous (PAID)
    24 Shabana(srkluvver) (PAID)

If you are interested in participating please post here and send me pm. a letter of all the names of contributors will be enclosed with the award to SRK, and we will send in Aug when we confirm he's back in mumbai.

each member's share of payment will be determined when we finalize the total number of contributors. since some of you have already paid, if the payment/person is less than the amount you've paid a refund will be issued to you. payments can be made via Paypal, money orders, travel checks mailed via post office or if you feel comfortable using western union its ok too.

lets do it
    :grouphug:

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I would add that if you can only send a little, it will add up with everyone else's!! Please don't think you need to send lots.

4. srkgauri

srkgauri Well-Known Member

Re : Time for our annual award to ShahRukh

it has to be in dollars?

5. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Count me in!:thumb: But I can only send a certain amount of money and I hope many members will participate so it will be not too much for each of us! Love the idea!

6. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

AW: Time for our annual award to ShahRukh

Count me in too. But it will need a bit with the Money. Have to open a pay pal account first. And my conection is very bad in the moment. Till when we have time to pay?

7. pleasant

pleasant Active Member

Count me in too :thumb:. What is the last date of sending money? Can we send the cash by post? Do we need to send only US dollars or can we send New Zealand dollars? Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

8. Wafa

thank you so much Anja I got your pm. :)

9. Wafa

Re: Re : Time for our annual award to ShahRukh

yes, coz I have to pay in U.S. dollars:)

10. Wafa

Re: AW: Time for our annual award to ShahRukh

thanks Anke. we have till end of July/beginning of Aug to pay. you have time to open paypal account, usually takes about 3-5 business days to confirm your account. once you do, all transactions online, including your purchases, are very simple and easy to do.

11. Wafa

PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH!! I don't trust any postal service, we even have incidents of cash get stolen from mailboxes.
    ask your bank what type of "certified funds" do they offer, meaning types/forms of payments/checks the bank writes and they are payable to the person you want. they cut the check for you in the bank. in USA we have things like cashiers check, money orders or even traveller checks.
    the bank can convert your currency to U.S. dollar and write the amount.

12. Wafa

we have 2 more members, one is anonymous and the second I'm waiting her permission if she wants to be mentioned. so now we have total of 15 contributors which makes the amount $26.67 per person, so far.
    if we have more members the amount will be less, otherwise it will remain as mentioned above.

13. Rajshri

Rajshri Administrative Duties Staff Member

Just added my own name. I have no manners :D

14. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Thanks for the information Wafa about how much money from each member will be needed! This is really less then I thought and so I am happy and I am absolutely in now!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

15. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

i hope more people will join in too
    it will look better if a lot of fans names was on the 'from' list than a few :madgrin:

16. KRK

KRK कति Member

Desr wafa, add me in too, will send you a PM right now. :)

17. Pedi

Pedi Well-Known Member

AW: Time for our annual award to ShahRukh

Dear Wafa, please count me in, too :) - send you pm right now

18. pleasant

pleasant Active Member

Thanks for answering my question, Wafa. Sent you a pm. Thanks again.

19. Wafa

oh wow great response from everyone I'm so happy to see that many really care, I'm so proud of you all :grouphug: thank you all so much.
    I know there are some members wanted to participate but couldn't and we thank you so much and I want you to know that we understand. don't feel bad about it.

some of you pledged more than required thank you so much we truly appreciate your generosity. this means that the rest will have to pay even more. Really all of you deserve special thanks and appreciation.

currently I have total of $173.48 received after Paypal's fees deductions, let me do the math to find out how much each the rest of you have to pay, and how much refund I need to send to the ones paid last week.
    I will let you know soon.

20. Wafa

Please don't send money now till I figure exact amount.
    I will also put down instruction on how to use paypal and send money, very simple.

21. Wafa

hahaha. I taught you right :p