1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Those Unforgettable moments.....

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Wafa, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Anisa

Anisa New Member

Re: I've met SRK...

Let me tell you guys about the best day of my life. It was on the 26 November 2004. When I met Shah Rukh Khan. Well just like all of you people my dream was to meet Shah Rukh Khan.Yes it did happen & I’m so happy. I just have to tell all of you about the best day of my life. It’s a long story so hope you don’t get bored.

My friends dad were part of the concert & my friend told me about the Temptations concert a bit too early & I was very excited & impatient. I just had to get my tickets & I wanted the first row. The first row tickets were R1000 each. People go crazy when the tickets are on sale. I was like so worried hoping I would get my ticket. Then when the tickets went on sale I went to the shop to buy them & then they tell me they only have from the 4th row. Oh damn I was pissed of I like begged them to please try & get them for me & guess what they got them for me. I was relieved. My parents were very kind to buy me the first row tickets. The know how much I love Shahru. This was done but then I wanted something else. I wanted to meet Shah Rukh Khan. God that was so difficult. I asked so many people. But they could not help. Alot of them tried though. Some promised me but then let me down a couple days before the concert. I cried so much when I found out. My dad hates it when I’m crying or when I’m sad. My mum was also sad for me. She phoned that guy & spoke to him. He also spoke to me & said he would try his best. Then my mum decided to ask her friend who works @ the stadium were the concert was held. My mums friend spoke to the promoters & told them how much I want to meet Shah Rukh Khan & she even showed them my photograph. When she told me I was so happy. But my parents told me not to get over excited coz what if it does not work out. I’m like please don’t say that. I was just reading. Prayer is the best.

On the 26/04/04 my mum & I went to the mall(Gateway). I went to buy some chocolates for Shah Rukh Khan & I went for a hair cut. When I came home I wrote a letter to Shahru. When my dad saw all the chocolates he said were is mine.Lol! he said I do everything for you but you did not buy anyting for me. Lol! My dad is funny.

We had to be @ the hotel after jumma. My sister, mum, dad & I went to the Hilton Hotel were the stars were staying. We were @ the hotel @ 13:45pm. We waited so so long. I was getting so nervous. At about 16:30pm one the promoters came to call my mum & I upstairs to the conference room. My sister wanted to come with me but my dad said that my mum must come with me. My sister was so irrated. I did feel bad for her. Then when we just went to the lift the director came towards me & said that I cannot go to the conference room. Oh boy I was in tears. Then she saw my eyes she came & spoke to me & saw my HALL OF FAME SHAH RUKH KHAN book & she asked me if that’s the man I love. And my eyes was full of tears & I just smiled & said YESS. She came up with my mum & I & she told me I hope you give your man a huge hug & kiss. I was so so soooooooooo happy. Then this presenter from a programme(Candice.Easternmosaic). was there & I was happy to meet her. She spoke so nice @ first. And then she gives her attitude. She was like no you cannot meet Shah Rukh Khan & blah blah blah. I just felt like chocking her. My mum told her ok I would go down just let Anisa meet him. She was still arguing. I told my mum loud you would not go down you have to stay with me when my dream comes true. Candice just gave me a horrible look. My mum just kept her cool. She did that just coz of me or else my mum would have told her whatever she felt like. That idiot was arguing with the promoter. Thank god a million times that promoter did not listen to her & he allowed my mum & I to enter the conference room. I was excited & nervous. Then I was feeling sick & hungry. I needed a chocolate so badly. My mum said if we go out then it would be difficult to come back here. Lucky a boy saw me & he gave me a few sweets. Then Shah Rukh Khan, Preity, Saif, Maliaka, & Zayed enters the room. I can’t explain how I felt @ that moment. Then everybody had to be quiet. I wanted to scream Shahru’s name to get his attention but my mum said NO coz they might chase me from the room. So I had to control myself. My mum carried me & I was just looking @ Shah Rukh Khan(shocked). A young lady that works @ the hotel told me to come out from the room & wait in a passage coz just now Shah Rukh Khan will leave the room. So my mum & I went out & waited for a few mins. Shah Rukh Khan’s bodyguards was standing near me & they were so kind. They told not to worry coz they will bring Shah Rukh Khan to meet me if he does not see me. First Malaika Arora Khan came out of the room. She was dress so decent. She had a long Punjabi.Lol. I could not make her out. She was smiling me & I thought it was just a normal lady smiling @ me & I smiled back @ her. Then Saif Ali Khan came out first & he said hello sweetie & upset my hair. Then Priety Zinta came out & the promoter told her to come speak to me & she came. I really cannot remember what we spoke about. She is so pretty. When Zayed Khan came out he went on the other side so I did not speak to him. I told my parents maybe if I meet Shahru I would walk & then run towards him. But when I saw him my knees went week. So I did not want to take a chance & try to walk. Then SHAH RUKH KHAN came out & I was smiling for no more. He came & shook my hand & I asked him for a hug & we hugged each other. I gave him a kiss on his cheek. I could not believe it. Shahru is such a sweetheart he sat down on the carpet next to my wheelchair & we were holding hands & I did not want to let go of his hand. I gave him his gift & he said thank you so much & he was smiling. Then I gave him my HALL OF FAME SHAH RUKH KHAN book & asked him for his autograph. He made a mistake with the spelling of my name. he spelt it as Anita & I told him & he scratched it & rewrote my name. Then a photographer came by us & said Shah Rukh hold her & he took out 2 photo’s for us. You should have seen that fools face(Candice)when Shahru & I was talking out the photographs. Then Shah Rukh had to go coz all the people was leaving the room so Shahru had to run from thereL. My mum was just standing behind my wheelchair all the time, she did not even speak to Shahru. When I asked my mum why she did not speak to Shahru or even shake his hand she said no I did not want to because that was your moment. My mum is the sweetest mum in the world. She would do anying for me. I just could not stop smiling. When I went down my sister & dad was so happy for me. When I went home my neighbours came home & I could not stop talking about Shah Rukh Khan & how down to earth he his. And then I phoned so many people to tell them about the best day of my life. I still cannot believe it. Now I want to visit India & I want to meet Shah Rukh Khan again. I just hope I meet KING KHAN again.:)

27th November 2004 was the TEMPTATIONS 2004 concert. That day was another great day for me. The weather was so beautiful during the day but it was messed up in the afternoon. But I did not care a damn. They was a huge crowd waiting to enter the stadium. It was damn huge. But my family & I were lucky coz we had a disc. My mums friend gave us. So we cut the line.Lol! Then these old ladies with their saries wanted to go home coz of the rain & wind & they said that they must cancel the concert. I screamed so lound & said WHO WANTS TO GO HOME GO BUT I’M WAITING HERE.Lol! My parents were shocked coz I said that. They told me not to worry about those people. My dad said you must see when Shahru come on stage everything would be fine. The rain was a blessing from Allah for Shah Rukh Khan. And when Shah Rukh Khan came on stage the rain was stopping. The people was gone loud so was I. I cannot describe Shah Rukh Khan’s performance. He rocks! The concert was awesome! After the concert my sister (Amina) & her hubby saw Shah Rukh Khan when he went in his car & she ran after him & waved @ him & he waved back @ them. My sister was so happy. She came to make me jealous but then I told her that I hugged & kissed him. Hahaha. She just kept quiet. The 26th & 27th are unforgettable days for me.

2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Shilpz this is one of the cutest stories !! so sweet, literally :D
    your mother is an angel sent to srk that day. I just wish you moved up and at least shook his hands :p :p

I love those pics

3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

anisa your story is very touching, and I am so glad you got to meet him. inshaAllah you will meet him again sweetie.
    thanks everyone for sharing your stories.

4. Anisa

Anisa New Member

Hi Rajshri! While I was adding my abt my meeting I read ur msg. Thanks Wafa & Rajo!:)

5. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

LOL!! Sweets for the sweetoo! :D Awwww thanks for what u said abt my mom :hug: Ahahaha i know :redface: I totally froze and couldn't move lol...dunno where my mind was :confused: :p

6. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Awww Anisa sweet story! :hug:

7. Anisa

Anisa New Member

Here's my pic with my SHAH RUKH KHAN
    [​IMG]:heart: :heart::heart:

8. Anisa

Anisa New Member

[​IMG]

9. Anisa

Anisa New Member

My autograph From KINg KHAN!
    [​IMG]

10. Anisa

Anisa New Member

ThankQ sweetie. Ur meeting was so cute.

11. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

wow..... U're all so lucky coz have a wonderful experience with the king khan.
    For me, it just a dream...

12. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Dreams come true sweetie...mine has and urs will too! :)

13. Poonam

Poonam New Member

For one precious moment, our eyes met...

[b]For quite a while now, I've been moaning around with you guys that despite living in Shah Rukh's country, I will have a snowball's chance in hell of getting to see him up close or meeting him. Well, I have to change that now.. maybe that author was right, if you really do want something badly, the universe will conspire to give it to you.

First came the 'Temptations 2005 in Delhi, out of the blue . They should have just named it 'The Shah Rukh Khan Show'[because once he was on stage everything and everyone else just faded into insignificance. No, I didn't get to meeting him, I was just one of the 20,000 people out there and there were like 300 cops crawling all over the place, thanks to Delhi's long history of terrorist encounters. I won't go into detail about the show because the format was pretty much the same as the others. But what I was unprepared for was the impact of Shah Rukh live...omg, his rapport with people is simply awesome. The guy's a complete natural on stage. and what a whacko sense of humour !I was in splits throughout. He played up his knowledge of the local language and culture and had the audience eating out of his hand.

Well, that was in December, a great X'mas gift from Santa and I thought I should be content with it for the rest of my life. Then last week, my husband, who's a keen golfer, informed me that Tag Heuer were sponsoring a golf tournament on 22nd Jan and Shah Rukh was going to give away the prizes at a dinner the same evening. I was like :jaw: I GOTTA BE THERE !!!!!!

He arrived an hour late while we nearly froze to death cos the do was out in the open . I kept guzzling wine to warm up but I had to stop after 2 1/2 glasses because I started feeling woozy !! He finally whizzed in with his characteristic energy, looking so adorable in a black tux, I nearly passed out. His hair is still longish at the back, (minus the ponytail) and it really suits him. There were a few other celebs around - Kapil Dev, India's former cricket captain, a couple of ex-Miss Indias, Rohit Bal, fashion designer, etc. They were all paired off into teams and had to play a mini golf match. Shah Rukh played pretty well and hit the last ball - a hole in one ! After that he was taken to the main area for the prize ceremony. Everyone had tables to sit at but of course they all crowded around the dance floor in front of the stage. I was right at the edge of the dance floor, next to one of his security King Kongs./Before he went on stage, Shah Rukh was on the dance floor, to a side, chatting with one of the Tag Heuer guys and reading something. He was wearing his specs, a really trendy pair, rimless with red handles. He looked like he'd stepped out of Mohabbatein !. I was just rooted there, drinking in my fill of him and for just a few seconds, he looked straight into my eyes.:heart: I My heart nearly fell out of my mouth. I think I must have smiled or something because he smiled back ever so briefly. Aaaaahhh...those eyes will haunt me forever !!

The rest of the evening went by too fast. On stage he talked about Tag Heuer, cracked a couple of nattu jokes, handed out prizes with wonderful courtesy and grace and then his Godzillas whisked him off pronto. My husband came 5th place out of 80 players that day. A couple of notches higher and I could have received the prize (on his behalf) from Shah Rukh . Oh well, there will always be more tournaments from Tag ! Now that I've come this close, I can only believe there are closer encounters in store. What say, nattus ???B]

P.S. We got a couple of pictures of him which I'll try and post soon. In case I'm unable, I'll e-mail them to you Wafa and you can do the needful for me. Tks.

14. Astri

Astri New Member

The dream will come true Li, just wait.;) I'm waiting for mine too. Lol.

15. Astri

Astri New Member

You guys are so lucky, thanks for sharing your experience here. I feel touched by Weda's story. I have read the story before, but I didnt realise that it's the same person as the sweetest girl on the pic that Rajshri made.:p Gauri and your bro are so sweet doing it for you Weda. You even had one chance more?!!! You're the luckiest girl!!!

Anisa, you and your parents are very very good fighter. I'm so happy you can meet him finally.

And Shilpz, I knew you've met Shahrukh, just never heard your story. Funny moment there.:D

16. khadija

khadija Member

thanks to all of you so sweet to hear all your stories, i hope one day i can write my proper story of meeting our king of hearts

17. filmifan

filmifan bhangraholic nattu

Re: For one precious moment, our eyes met...

dang, Poo! too bad srk wasn't one of the prizes! :dance:

i'm so happy for you, nattu. wow - you had an EXCELLENT last 2 months!! it is truly something to see that man in person. when i saw him in NY, i couldn't even make eye contact with him :dizzy: ; i think i managed to twice. so you did a heck of a lot better than me, dear.

and yeah, keep us posted on any future tournaments. my hubby might need to break out his golf clubs.

18. srk_yati

srk_yati New Member

wow! you all people are so lucky to have met him!!!;) thanks for sharing your experience gals!!!:)

19. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Poo I'm so happy for you. what a way to end a year and start a new one. couldn't get any better. I've enjoyed reading about your encounter I felt like I was there with you. this man is magic. ok I won't start or else I won't stop, I have to get back to work. :doh: can't focus anymore.
    can't wait to see your pics.

20. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I will post some recent pics of srk and I when I met him in nyc. stay tuned.