1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

The name of the game

Discussion in 'Movies N-S' started by JAZZ, Nov 2, 2007.

1. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

The name of the game

Shah Rukh Khan's birthday celebrations are full-on. Yesterday, Makrand Deshpande kick-started it by unknowingly giving him his first birthday gift. His second directorial venture titled Shah Rukh Kehta Hai Tu Khoobsurat Hai will have SRK in it, where he plays himself.

Makrand says that he was unaware of SRK's birthday until he read about it in the morning papers. “What a coincidence!” he adds with a smile.

We hear that King Khan will be a part of Makrand's new project. Makrand had talked to him about the film while they were shooting for Swades. He tells us, “Shah Rukh knows all about it and has said already said 'yes',” he says. “I will ask him again.”

The story of the film is based on the life of a flower-seller (to be played by a newcomer whose name Makrand does not wish to reveal), a girl who makes her living on the streets of Mumbai and how one day she meets Shah Rukh Khan, who tells her that she is very beautiful. The compliment transforms her life.

Makrand adds, “Shah Rukh Khan is a powerful force in Bollywood. He is the role model for youngsters. Hence, the unusual title of the movie. What better day to start shooting for the movie than his birthday? This movie projects the impact of Shah Rukh's persona.”

mumbai mirror
    http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmp...0&contentid=2007110320071103024136796ec6d6c54

[​IMG]

2. Poonam

Poonam New Member

Sounds interesting!

3. roopesh1986

roopesh1986 KiNG KhAn Fanatic

Now, a film titled after ShahRukh Khan

The King Khan & I:Makrand :p

4 Nov 2007, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

Shah Rukh Khan’s birthday celebrations are full-on. Day before yesterday, Makrand Deshpande unknowingly gave him his first birthday gift. His second directorial venture titled Shah Rukh Kehta Hai Tu Khoobsurat Hai will have SRK in it, where he plays himself.

He tells us, “Shah Rukh knows all about it and has said already said ‘yes’,” he says.

“I will ask him again.” The story of the film is about the life of a flower-seller, a girl who makes her living on the streets of Mumbai and how one day she meets Shah Rukh Khan, who tells her that she is very beautiful. The compliment transforms her life.

Attached Files:

4. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

Re: The King Khan & I:Makrand

wooo i wish its a nice movie

5. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Wow...that sounds like a really interesting storyline...have to wait and see if it happens.

Thanks!:)

6. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Yes, this sounds really interesting! :nod:
    I hope there will be a lot ShahRukh in it... :D:D

7. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

that is really good to know i hope he can shoot this film to release for next year and if im not wrong it was said somewhere that shahrukh will shoot for adis film early next year and after that he will shoot karans it will be so good if he can do these films

8. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

This sounds really interesting. Hopefully he will do this (although it sounds like only a small appearance...)

9. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

it sounds like a nice movie i hope its a love story and shahrukh plays the lead and i hope it releases next year

10. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Oh! How wonderful... :)

11. Basma

Basma Active Member

good gesture and nice tribute for SRK:thumb:

12. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

SRK’s first present
    03 Nov, 2007 02:40 pm ISTlINDIATIMES MOVIES

Rumour has it that Makrand Deshpande gave SRK his firs gift for the day on his B’Day by signing him on for his second directorial venture Shah Rukh Kehta Hai Tu Khoobsurat Hai. The film will star SRK as himself in it. Talk about personalized gifting.

“This is a film with a different kind of a soul and a different kind of a story line” Shah Rukh Khan

13. roopesh1986

Now, a film titled after ShahRukh Khan

Now, a film titled after ShahRukh Khan:rockon:

05th Nov 2007 19.32 IST
    No, it is not the biopic of ShahRukh Khan , but a movie that aims to portray the impact of the superstar’s persona on one of his fans.

The film is titled Shah Rukh Kehta Hai Tu Khoobsurat Hai. It is second directorial attempt by actor-turned-director Makrand Deshpande .

However, Shah Rukh is not the film’s protagonist. Rather, the film’s central character is a female flower seller whose life gets transformed after she meets her favourite star ShahRukh Khan who tells her she is beautiful.

The compliment by SRK transforms her life.

Makrand Deshpande knows SRK ever since he acted with him in Swades . He has already spoken to SRK about an appearance in the film and the actor has reportedly given his nod.

Incidentally, Makrand began shooting his film on November 2, which was also SRK’s birthday.

Shah Rukh Kehta Hai Tu Khoobsurat Hai introduces a new girl.

14. Chandrani

Chandrani Ullu-Club-Cat

Re: Now, a film titled after ShahRukh Khan

Thank you Roopesh for the article:)
    This is great, a movie about ShahRukh's fans -> it's us ;)
    I just wonder what the titel means, Shah Rukh Kehta Hai Tu Khoobsurat Hai?

My first thought on the woman with the flowers: "Kira? What did I said!":eek::crazy::lol:
    Sorry everyone, I'm tired :banplease:

15. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Laura, it means: Shahrukh sanoo sinun olevan kaunis (tai Shahrukh sanoo sinä olet kaunis) or: Shahrukh says you are beautiful...

16. roopesh1986

You are always welcome:)
    Kira;) ya I was also thinking that so:becky:
    Movie about female flower seller :rolleyes:
    Kira will be Happy Now ;)

17. Chandrani

Chandrani Ullu-Club-Cat

Thank you Katja :kiss: So, 'Khoobsurat' must be beautiful...

The name suits the movie, I must say :D

Roopesh: we were laughing with Kira in La-La-Land at the idea they would make a Bollywood movie with ShahRukh in her shop. And now they are doing it! :lol:

18. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

Re: Now, a film titled after Shah Rukh Khan

it will be good to see

19. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

Re: Now, a film titled after Shah Rukh Khan

It sounds interesting. Although there won't be SRK as the lead but I'm sure all SRK's fans interest to watch the movie.

20. Astri

Astri New Member

That's great!!! Not Only Madhuri. Shahrukh can be too.