1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

The music of Devdas

Discussion in 'Devdas' started by annous, Feb 8, 2006.

1. annous

annous New Member

The music of this film can be described by one word...Spectacular!!!!!

From the sad to the festive, the whole album takes the listener to a hight of music rapture never heard before.the masterful Ismail Darbar creates magic with his tunes, the only comparable music perfection that I heard have to be A.R Rehman music for Dil Se( which I will write my review for soon).It helps also that the lyrics of this album are sublime, they gauge the mood of each scene and song, and just add to the ambiance of the whole movie, what helps the music also , is that the songs fit perfectly where they are, you don't feel that anysong was added just for the sake of adding songs.
    The background music of Devdas is well placed, and well written.

I absolutely love every single music number of this album, but there is one song that is not in the movie , in which music perfection has been achieved, and that is Voh Chaand Jaisi Ladki, this song is so haunting and sad , Udit Narayan performs one of his best songs ever.The songs starts with:

Voh chaand jaisi ladki is dil pe chhaa rahi hai That celestial girl is overshadowing my heart...

Aankhon ke raaste se is dil mein aa rahi hai Through the lanes of my eyes she's slipping into my heart.

beautiful and sad, the lyrics and the music describe heartbreak so eloquently , it brings tears to my eyes everytime I hear it.

I know most of us have seen Devdas but give the soundtrack a good listen... it's perfect.

2. filmifan

filmifan bhangraholic nattu

wow, enass. devdas and dil se are my 2 favorite soundtracks as well.

i like bluffmaster and such when i want to get my dance groove on :D , but devdas is my all-time favorite. the lyrics are gorgeous, and the hindustani music style transports you to the setting of the movie. it's a refreshing break from some of the more western-influenced soundtracks.

have you heard the kisna CD? ismail darbar and a.r. rehman both were music directors on it. the movie i hear was not so great (i still haven't seen it), but i really like the soundtrack.

3. annous

annous New Member

nice to see another music lover.. music is one aspect that makes Indian movies so great.
    I heard Kisna, and I really love it , but I thought there were too many songs in the film, I havn;t seen it yet, but it looks like it will drag for ever.

another master peice By Rehman has to be Mangal Bandy..... the movie is mediocre, in fact it ruins alot of the music numbers, but the music it self is amazing... listen to Al Maddath Maulah... it;s just perfect

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I love both devdas and dil se sound tracks, but I wouldnt really call them my favorites. but yes I agree with you Jo with the "Hindustani" feeling you get from devdas, and thats why I like those movies, for the hindustani feeling and style

5. iamprasad

iamprasad New Member

Devdas music is Timeless. Every song,each beat,each Rhythm,Each Sur,Each Sargam,every note is pure Genius.

My favs are

Hamesha Tumko Chaha
    Woh chaand jaisi ladki
    Silsila yeh chahata Ka
    More Piya
    are some of my all time favourite songs.

6. annous

annous New Member

Hamesha Tumko Chaha has to be one of the saddest songs ever. In the film it gauged the mood of both Paro and Devdas perfectly.. I was sobbing along with them.

7. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

i love kahe ched mohe and maar daala....im more of the classical type :D

8. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

kisna is a very good movie with great music..but it wont be popular cause music is made for the movie and all the picturazition of songs are wonderful and goes very well with the movie ,but will I listen to them without looking I am not sure ,

9. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

hi annous you are not alone,everybody who watchs hamehsa tumko ..cant help feeling heart broken ..great song, great performance I wish there could be more of it İn Indian cinema

10. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

interesting how the views change with each person , I like all the music numbers ,especially the holi song and main vari vari ..I find the videos great

11. Mia

Mia New Member

I love Devdas. It's my favourite movie. And the songs are so beautiful:heart: . Every time I listen Hamesha Tumko Chaha I cry. (well...not every time:p )

12. Kessi78

Kessi78 New Member

always I see and hear the end song of Devdas where he died. This is a melody where I must always cry.

13. najet

najet dil se

Re : Re: The music of Devdas

and well me I cry çela each time made exctement 25 times that I look at it and I am always desperate for Dev. and I cry for his tragic death I want to return in film and to be able to open the doors so that Paro can see it last once I am always sad of this end when I sees it there lying without anybody around oh my god it makes me cried always as much :(

14. shinji4

shinji4 New Member

I love Devdas OST! It is WONDERFUL! The songs really fits the movie! But the movie was just a bit too depressing...Could lighten it up a bit...But I still love the movie! GO BOLLYWOOD! My favorite song is Silsila Yeh Chahata Ka.
    By the way does anyone know where I can find a nice OST cd? The one I got Silsila.... the recording is bad I want the nice one. So if anyone can help thanks!

15. aprs

aprs New Member

ismail darbar has added his genius touch to the music of this epic story, making the soundtracks ever so haunting and a delight to listen to.

16. ashiq

ashiq New Member

any song in particular you're talking to or in general?
    I love the soundtrack and you're right, the music is haunting.

17. Chandrani

Chandrani Ullu-Club-Cat

I just love Devdas. And it has the best music... I agree with you all! My favourites are Silsila yeh chahata ka and Kaahe Ched Mohe
    :heart:

There's something I noticed on YouTube. In the song Woh Chand Jaisi it seems to be two version or something. The beginning is very different, though the ending is almost the same.

On my dvd it's this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7cSBW14p78

on the other it's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NCE7di7Ers

Why is taht, does anyone know? I hope the links work!