1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

The Khan's Empire

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Wafa, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

The clash of the Khans is growing more and more interesting. There are many things being said about this clash but the one thing that has just been brought to my notice by Charu, that great observer of the Indian film scene makes very intense reading, something certainly to think about. Says Charu: “The clash of Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan and Salman Khan for supremacy, not to forget the greatest of all the Khans, Mohammad Yusuf Sarwar Khan, also known as Dilip Kumar, proves how really secular this great country called India is. Just imagine this is a country whose population is predominantly Hindu and yet five major stars, Yusuf Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, and Kader Khan and so many other Khans of all classes of actors are all Muslims.

To think of it, I don’t think there are so many Khans on top even in the Pakistani film industry or any other Muslim-dominated industry. The success of all these Khans is resounding proof, if proof is needed, to tell the world how we Indians, especially the Indians in the Indian film industry, strictly practice secularism and don’t allow any religion to come in the way of the promotion of talent. I love my India for giving these talented Khans the place they so richly deserve.”

That is just one way of looking at the unbelievable success stories of the three young Khans, especially. Shah Rukh Khan is the Khan who came in from nowhere and proved that he was a Khan who could and he proved it in such a short span of time — and surprised the world. If there is a star who can be called a superstar in these days of Friday night stars it is this Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, who is going out of his way to get better with every film he does whatever the challenge, whoever the competitor.

Shah Rukh is the darling of the masses and so naturally the darling of every filmmaker distributor, exhibitor and financier. Today, every filmmaker, big or small, wants to make a film with Shah Rukh but not all can succeed. Shah Rukh himself must have realised (or it is time he realised) that he is growing a little more ambitious when it comes to all the comforts and luxuries of life and neglecting the brilliant actor in him.

It can be seen in the way critics and cinegoers alike are complaining of the irritating element of repetition that is creeping into his performances which irks some of his most crazy fans. Shah Rukh Khan is the only Khan who can save Shah Rukh Khan. And he must before people ask him to save himself. He has nothing to worry about right now. But he must remember even the pope in Rome is fallible, can fall, can fail.

The other Khan, Aamir Khan is a Khan of our times and still not a Khan of our times. He is steady, strong, a Khan who doesn’t need any support to take the strides he is taking.

The sacrifices this young Khan has made, the temptations he has resisted to reach where he has can have him canonised, make him a saint. But he is happy being what he is — Aamir Khan, the amazing actor who is amazing because he is amazing, nothing less, nothing more. He is in a class apart and everyone knows it, an actor who has made it clear in no uncertain terms that he can not be taken for granted for long because he is a lone rider who’s a long rider.

Then there’s the third Khan who completes the triumvirate — Salman Khan. He has just taken himself seriously which is a good sign. He can act. He can rule but he has still a long way to go. He has wasted his early years.

He will have to catch up with times and time waits for no Khan, no sultan, no wonder. He will have to catch up with other competing Khans. He will have to prove that he is one more Khan who can. And his time starts now. It’s now or never. Intelligent men know what is right for them under the most chaotic circumstances

2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

the irritating element of repetition

I hope the writer checked himself to a mental insitition or at the least to an optometrist

3. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

That is just one way of looking at the unbelievable success stories of the three young Khans, especially. Shah Rukh Khan is the Khan who came in from nowhere and proved that he was a Khan who could and he proved it in such a short span of time — and surprised the world. If there is a star who can be called a superstar in these days of Friday night stars it is this Khan, Shah Rukh Khan , who is going out of his way to get better with every film he does whatever the challenge, whoever the competitor.

Shah Rukh is the darling of the masses and so naturally the darling of every filmmaker distributor, exhibitor and financier. Today, every filmmaker, big or small, wants to make a film with Shah Rukh but not all can succeed. Shah Rukh himself must have realised (or it is time he realised) that he is growing a little more ambitious when it comes to all the comforts and luxuries of life and neglecting the brilliant actor in him.

It can be seen in the way critics and cinegoers alike are complaining of the irritating element of repetition that is creeping into his performances which irks some of his most crazy fans. Shah Rukh Khan is the only Khan who can save Shah Rukh Khan. And he must before people ask him to save himself. He has nothing to worry about right now. But he must remember even the pope in Rome is fallible, can fall, can fail.

You have absolutely right Wafa! This guy is stupid!:mad:

4. kanika

kanika New Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: