1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

The film i have said i'll never like...

Discussion in 'Chennai Express Member Reviews' started by mira_khan, Aug 29, 2013.

1. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

Yes, my own words some weeks ago, we were talking about upcoming release and i remember my self saying "i don't wait a lot from it, i don't like this kind of movies"...
    But things have changed with the BO and more with "Titli", it was like i was watching Raj or Rahul again and even i am a big fan of Don and Co... Raj/Rahul is the source of love!
    Then i wasn't wrong, the beginig remind me DDLJ, before the train scene... with his friends planning to go to Goa and his dada-ji too "present" lol... he was a mix of Raj and Simrane and the train scene confirmed my toughts.... then began the fun, i couldn't stop laughting like a fool from the meeting with these 4 cousin-bhai to the "Meenammaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" after meeting the man in the forrest who told his they are searching for him! every song, every word is referring to some movie we know, i loved the way his voice is broken when he's scared! how she is always getting him out from troubles, even she is the reason of them!
    Rahul is not a hero, he is not the brave man who will take the girl away, not at all... he doesn't give a damn to what will she think of him to just escape from her father and fiancé
    i loved how he foolishly told them what he things when he's drunk... no politicly correct, no fear... even all what he has to say to Thagabally was that he's sooo big, and God how huge he is! (by the way , i loved the fact that they choose a so good looking man as her fiancé)...
    the part of all car crashes... uh... really not what i like the most! but we finally go in Rohit Shetty universe and i start to appreciate his touch in so big-huge-over-action scenes!
    The part from the new village is so heartfull, it's funny too, but we're slowly falling in love with the story between them, i couldn't stop thinking of his shoulder pain in the strairs scene and i was just like Meena with teary eyes to see him carrying her so stongly... the ritual is just wonderful and we guess by his reaction he's not carrying about them, not like her... we girls, these small things make difference for us... (i looooooooooooove the leg massage in the song! *sights*)
    how to forget how she kick his ass out of bed looking really like a witsh... thank you Rohit Shetty for such wonderfull and surprinsing scenes!
    It was hard to see Rahul telling her that all that rituals didn't mean anything for him and facing her about her own feeling... running away from his responsabilities with his dadaji ashes... but it was his personality, the man who can lie to his grand-ma about the last wish of his grand father, can do anything... OR NOT!
    Because, his heart couldn't let him go away so easilly without her... what a shock to see him with "THEM", i've forgotten her family... it's heart warming how love is so greeted in bollywood, i mean for poeple, it's not the first time we see that poeple helps young couples eloping from family (remeber Don 1)... that proves him she was right, villagers don't desserve his irresponsability !... the song Kashemir Main is wonderful, we see something new, never seen in bollywood, the other side of India may be
    Successing escape, he decides to go doing his duty and disperse his dadaji ashes in the sea... the scene in the temple, i start crying just with their silence when she tell him what will he say to his father if he finds her in his home... we feel how much he wants to tell her, but can't! the song broke my little heart *sights*
    I thing i screamed really high when i saw the colored pyramid (i remembred it from the begining) and i was really shocked to see him bringing her at home to face her father, thangabally and the whole village!... never under estimate the power of common man when he's in love, i felt like in arabian classic movies with the prince of desert fighting the world to get his lover girl, and by fighting, i mean really fighting... just like here!
    what the fiancé said at the end resume it all "i have big body but you courage is bigger"... oh yes ...
    when he says "because i love her!" i simly feel like my heart will stop beating because it's not waited here, at the end of the sentence, it comes so suddenly that i want to see it again and again even he hasn't his better face expression... i think it's made for, not conventional Rahul...
    Of course, we start with DDLJ meet and end with it with her father catching her arm strongly, he did what he said, she belongs to the stronger... and Rahul was it by the power of his love!
    The last scene when he asks her to just check her head again lot of tears, just like him and her, so toughtful without lot of things... so lovely...
    The movie is a beautiful love story said with few words and lot of feeling and so much bing-bong action masala wich conquere us after all... critics are wrong to say that Shah Rukh would act better in better movies, i thing that for him the role isn't so easy at all, not lot of big stars with "king of romance" label would accept to do a so scary-small-sweetter-common man... not many could do it so perfectlly and be so "real man" too as he did!
    so from the movie that i would never like, Chennai express become one of my favourite movies somewhere in my top 5 movies!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

you seems that you are excited mira.. that is how i felt too though the film wasnt that intense and shahrukh wasnt shahrukh that we used to know lately as the film was light but it has a sweet effect on us... endearing :p

mira_khan says thanks.
  3. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

oh yes, i loved the movie so much... i felt in love with this Rahul too :heart:

Question: is it Shah Rukh singing in the dialogue/songs (very funny)? because it's so cute and if it was him, he is not so bad singer at all... i loved it :)

4. semsem008

yeah he isnt a bad singer at all and yes it is his voice and i loved depika's voice also though in her case i am not sure if it is her voice
    it was my favorite scene with these dialogue/ songs :)

mira_khan says thanks.
  5. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

wawou! so he's really not bad at all, not a soprano but who wants, i really loved those scenes and all the day i have the songs with new lyrics lol

semsem008 says thanks.
  6. semsem008

^ And what a new lyrics :lol:

mira_khan says thanks.