1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

The Don is on... again

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by Dea, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

Shah Rukh Khan is all set to step into the gangster's shoes for the third time.

When the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Don 2 hit theatres in 2011, the film's director Farhan Akhtar told a section of the media, "I need a break from action films. As a director, it's my right to explore different things."

Three years after that dismissal, Farhan is returning to the genre with the third part of the Don franchise.

And SRK will again lead the cast. Confirming this, Farhan's business partner, Ritesh Sidhwani said:"How can I do Don without Don? SRK is Don and Don is SRK."

The film has been in the works for some time and buzz is that Farhan, Ritesh and their team have already completed almost 50 per cent of the script.

So, when did SRK come on board?

Mirror has it that the actor had several meetings with Farhan and Ritesh during a short break after the release of Chennai Express in 2013.

He has since met the duo several more times to fine tune the modalities of for the third installment of the commercially successful franchise.

However the film's leading lady has not yet been cast. Priyanka Chopra had toplined the cast in the first two installments.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/The-Don-is-on-again/articleshow/45062461.cms

Mara and rubyroo thank this.
  2. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i hope this is true! :dance:
    :gossip: maybe Farhan read my fanfic :rofl:

rubyroo says thanks.
  3. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

This would be a ways down the road since Shah Rukh has said recently that after Fan, he is doing Raees and then another Rohit Shetty movie. He did say there is already a movie being planned for after the Rohit Shetty one- maybe it's Don 3! If Farhan uses your fan fiction, Dea, it would certainly make a lot of people happy!

Dea says thanks.
  4. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

I hope it's true. Make it into a franchise. Who needs Dhoom when we can have Don?

Mara, Dea, phul and 1 other person say thanks.
  5. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

:rofl: yea it would! :madgrin: i should contact Farhan and give him my blessings :lol:

Debbie and rubyroo thank this.
  6. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

This is great news! With a great script there is certainly room for another installment. :thumb:

rubyroo says thanks.
  7. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I sooooo hope this is true!! Just can't wait!

8. anesya

anesya Guest

totally agree on that!!
    iam pretty sure we will get another movie. if not in 2015 nor 2016 then in 2017

9. Amber.K

Amber.K Well-Known Member

I wish its true I am already into DON these days...

10. Xeny

Xeny ❤️‍ ART

Lol if it's true (which I doubt) then I'll spam Farhan to make him want to shoot in Prague! I mean come on! it's a beautiful city and Don never been to Prague! I'll show Don around :eyebrows:

Mara says thanks.
  11. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i'm up for that! the closest to me hehe in europe so he has to come there! :bounce:

12. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't believe anything till SRK or Farhan say so themselves, this news could just be made up. But we'll get to see him play a gangster in Raees (and perhaps one that's more sinister than Don is).

Not exactly Prague, but for FAN he's going to shoot an action sequence in Dubrovnik, Croatia which is also in Europe.

rubyroo and Xeny thank this.
  13. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i know, i'm really considering going to Croatia just for that hehe. if only i knew their schedulle..

14. rubyroo

Shah Rukh on Twitter today:

@iamsrk: Don3 is supposedly on!?Issues being discussed on Twitter I hav no clue about. Casting of Raees done! Why isn’t anyone informing me Ha ha!!!

So we get no confirmation of this from him. Back to waiting and hoping!

15. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

he neither denied nor confirmed so i'm keeping my fingers crossed :pray:

rubyroo says thanks.
  16. rubyroo

Me too!

17. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

He clearly denied it. He said it's 'supposedly on' and he has no clue about it. In other words the media's making news up as usual.

Debbie says thanks.
  18. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

What a shame! Though maybe this will reignite interest in the project. Fingers crossed.

19. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

I'm not surprised it turned out to be a baseless rumour...seeing the source of the article. What do you expect from The Mirror?