TEDTalks for SRK: All you need to know about Shah Rukh Khan's new TV show

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by tasifa, Feb 1, 2017.

1. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

TEDTalks for SRK: All you need to know about Shah Rukh Khan's new TV show
    Shah Rukh Khan

[​IMG] NAYANDEEP RAKSHIT | Thu, 2 Feb 2017-06:05am , Mumbai , DNA

Shah Rukh Khan’s new show will be a televised version of the popular video series...

Shah Rukh Khan returns to television and this time, it’s for a cause. It’s not for another game show or a reality show, but to host a televised version of a popular inspirational video series that people have loved here and abroad.

Says SRK, “It’s a televised version of TEDTalks. I have been made to understand that it’s something that has not been done before and they want to try out this concept.”

TEDTalks is the collective name given for a series of videos that has people from different spheres of life addressing current issues. TED is an acronym for Technology, Entertainment and Design — these are the main elements it will cover.

Elaborating on what the show does and the kind of audience it targets, SRK says, “People will share stories about changes in society, in life — whether it’s about the climate, dangerous diseases or to help empower women — and all of this will be integrated. There are some beautiful stories — both Indian and international — which the team is planning to get on one platform and do a nice mix of Hindi and English speakers. I feel it will be a niche show.”

He reveals that he’s already shot for an episode of the new show and the team is working out a model for the same. “We shot one episode and we are still doing a lot of focus screening because it’s something that should be done with love. All the people from TED are keen that I do it. So let’s see if we are able to pull it off. We will decide again after we check out one episode. It should play out well on television. It should not take away from the integrity of the series. And it should not take away from entertaining a little more on TV because it can be a serious platform.”

Is he a fan of the show? SRK nods, “Oh, I love TEDTalks. I love anything that has to do with knowledge. I would like to be a speaker for them sometime, if I have something interesting to speak about, that is. I love the whole format, listening to it and learning from it. I am very glad that the channel and the TED team feels I’m good enough to do (host) it.”

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainme...ow-about-shah-rukh-khan-s-new-tv-show-2306779

KKhan, Dea, phul and 4 others thanked this.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Can't keep this man still. He is always doing something, preferably something new.
    Where does He get his energy and his irrepressible enthusiasm from?

KKhan, Dea and skrogers thank this.
  4. skrogers

skrogers Southeast Connecticut, USA

I have often wondered if he is essentially hyperactive, just naturally.

Dea says thanks.
  5. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I'm sure!

skrogers says thanks.
  6. mayerdoi

mayerdoi Active Member

@ferdbouk goodmorning mrs.planetsrk,amazing if we can see eposide host great actor king of act creativity romance reality king SRK at TED TALK on MBC Bollywood channel,contain of show so interesting,wishing many successfully to king Khan,thank you to give us space writing reply, journalist fery dbouk from Lebanon tribute to beautiful arts and great civilization of India

7. mayerdoi

mayerdoi Active Member

Thank you dear Phul&Tasifa

8. mayerdoi

mayerdoi Active Member

Thank you planetsrk

9. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

very interesting and i hope it happens then at least can get to see him more

10. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

11. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Here are some Informations about Shah Rukh they have on their Webside.

[​IMG]
    Shah Rukh Khan
    Actor, producer, activist
    Session 10: Tales from tomorrow

With a fan following that runs into multi-millions, and 24 million followers on Twitter, Shah Rukh Khan is at forefront of the Indian film industry and continues to rule at the box office in India.
    One of the world's biggest movie stars, Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan is also an entrepreneur and inspired philanthropist. He heads the film production company Red Chillies Entertainments, whose Chennai Express was the highest-grossing film of 2013 and his most recent film Raees also topped the box office in India. He's also the proud co-owner of two cricket franchises, the Kolkata Knight Riders and the Trinbago Knight Riders.

In the fall he will host TED's brand-new TV series in Hindi for Star Plus, titled TED Talks India: Nayi Soch, which translates to "new thinking."

As a philanthropist and spokesperson, Khan stands up for causes ranging from the environment and water-supply issues to rural solar power. Khan's nonprofit Meer Foundation, named for his father, focuses on supporting victims of acid attacks through a 360-degree approach that helps with medical treatment, legal aid, rehabilitation and livelihood support.

@iamsrk
    https://ted2017.ted.com/speakers

mumbiene, KKhan, rollercoast and 2 others thanked this.
  12. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

cant wait for this

skrogers says thanks.
  13. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Elon Musk, Serena Williams, Shah Rukh Khan, and more coming to Vancouver for TED2017

[​IMG] Image: Shutterstock
    [​IMG]
    Jenni Sheppard Mar 27, 2017 6:47 am 15,060
    AddThis Sharing Buttons
    Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Facebook MessengerShare to WhatsAppShare to WeChatShare to EmailShare to More
    Tennis ace Serena Williams, Tesla pioneer Elon Musk, and Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan are coming to Vancouver for TED2017 this April.
    The full lineup of speakers for this year’s five-day TED conference, themed “The Future You,” has finally been revealed, and it’s pretty huge.
    Other high profile speakers include:
    Ingrid Betancourt – a former presidential candidate in Colombia, who was kidnapped by guerilla rebels and held for six years in captivity before a high-profile rescue.
    Garry Kasparov – esteemed by many as the greatest chess player of all time, he is now an expert in the rise of Putin’s Russia and chair of the Human Rights Foundation.
    Jim Yong Kim – the World Bank Group president is aiming to end extreme poverty by 2030 and to share prosperity with the bottom 40% of the population in developing countries.
    Gayle King – an award-winning journalist, currently co-host of CBS This Morning and Editor-at-Large of the award-winning O, the Oprah Magazine.
    David Miliband – a former UK Foreign Affairs Minister, now president of the International Rescue Committee, an NGO committed to emergency and long-term assistance to refugees.
    OK Go – this creative band have produced award-winning videos, established a DIY trans-media mini-empire, and collaborated with dance companies, tech giants, and the Muppets.
    Jorge Ramos – an Emmy-award winning journalist and news anchor broadcasting in Spanish and English, Ramos gives a voice to the millions of Latinos in the US.
    Plus a surprise guest, described only as a world figure, speaking during the session on health, life and love.
    Tickets to TED2017 are sold out, but you will be able to watch some of the TED talks in screenings at various movie theatres around Vancouver.
    TED2017 in Vancouver

When: April 24 to 28
    Where: Vancouver Convention Centre – 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver
    Tickets: Sold out for the event itself – but you can get tickets to screenings at local movie theatres at the TED Cinema Experience
    [​IMG]
    Jenni Sheppard
    Senior Staff Writer at Daily Hive, the evolution of Vancity Buzz. Happy Vancouverite. Traveller, snowboarder, foodie, film fan, feminist, geek, cheesemaker, curler. Have a story to tell? Email jenni@dailyhive.com
    @jenni_sheppard
    http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vancouver-ted2017-lineup-speakers

mumbiene, rollercoast and Rishima62 thank this.
  14. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

KKhan, mumbiene, Alenka and 1 other person say thanks.
  15. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

well deserved another bit of inspirational stuff

16. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member

Rajinikanth approached as a speaker on Shah Rukh Khan's TED Talks India
    Rajinikanth may be a part of Shah Rukh Khan's show.
    Written By Karishma Shetty Mumbai Published: August 18, 2017 03:26 pm 72 reads

Rajinikanth-approached-as-a-speaker-on-Shah-Rukh-Khans-TED-Talks-India.jpg

Shah Rukh Khan is set to make a comeback on TV with TED Talks India: Nayi Soch. The actor has kickstarted the rehearsals of the anticipated show today at YRF studios. He will start shooting for the same from August 20 and has allocated 10 days for the same.

It looks like the show is going to get much grander with the presence of superstar Rajinikanth. The actor; according to a leading tabloid has been approached by the makers to talk about the topic, 'Why it is important to be happy'.

Now that is surely some exciting news. Wouldn't you agree?

Interestingly, Karan Johar and Ekta Kapoor are the first two names who would be sharing their success story with the audience on SRK's show. There are a few other famous personalities who have joined the bandwagon as well. Music maestro A R Rahman and Indian Women's Cricket team captain Mithali Raj have been invited on Shah Rukh's show. Also joining the line up of speakers are Dr. Mihir Shah who is the founder and CEO of UE LifeSciences known for developing a device for early detection of breast cancer and Anju Maudgal Kadam of 100SareePact that aims to encourage people to embrace the six yards

A source had earlier told the daily, "The show will air on Sundays post-Diwali in October. Each episode will have four to five speakers sharing their stories."

Meanwhile, after the shoot of the show is over, Shah Rukh will resume shooting for Aanand L. Rai's untitled movie which also stars Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/tv/news-g...peaker-shah-rukh-khans-ted-talks-india-385444

skrogers, phul and Rishima62 thank this.
  17. mayerdoi

mayerdoi Active Member

@ferdbouk goodafternoon Mrs.planetsrk,Excited to see one of the most important and interesting shows TED TALK,The first Topic Why it's important to be Happy OSM,important Group,beautiful subject, Awaited to see Great actor king of act creativity cleverness Philosophy Legends King SRK hosted TED TALK INDIA,I hope if we can see it at MBC BOLLOYWOOD or OSN I like this kind of show,wishing all successfully to King Khan,thank you to give us space writing reply,Journalist fery dbouk from Lebanon,Tribute to great civilization of India

18. mayerdoi

mayerdoi Active Member

Thank you Dear Sharlaj

SharlaJ says thanks.
  19. mayerdoi

mayerdoi Active Member

Thank you Planetsrk

20. cool1989

cool1989 New Member

i wish he would concentrate more on choosing great projects , and be more selective of his choices ,instead of his energy being divided on many things at once

21. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member

First speaker on Shah Rukh Khan’s TED Talks!
    Tue, 22 Aug 2017-06:25am , Mumbai , DNA

DHzikhqU0AEW2Pj.jpg
    Javed Akhtar will be the first celebrity to deliver a speech in the Indian version of the pep-talk show...

Shah Rukh Khan has started shooting for his comeback TV show Ted Talks - India. Sources say that Javed Akhtar will be the first speaker on the show. “Javedsaab has already shot for the episode. The poet and writer-lyricist who is known for scripting films like Sholay and Deewar as well as songs like Panchi, Nadiya, Pavan Ke Jhoke (Border) and Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh (1942 A Love Story) among others, has spoken about the power of words.”

Says another source, “Shah Rukh has been constantly shooting to finish all the episodes. He will wrap the shoot of all the episodes for the season by August 28.” This will be the first time the international talk show will be adapted in India. SRK had also become the first Indian actor to address the crowd at an international platform for TED Talks earlier this year. TED Talks India is likely to premiere in October.

http://www.dnaindia.com/television/report-first-speaker-on-shah-rukh-khan-s-ted-talks-2537424

skrogers, rollercoast and phul thank this.