1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Tag Heuer plans Shah Rukh editions

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Wafa, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Tag Heuer plans Shah Rukh editions
    Ashish K Tiwari
    Friday, January 06, 2006 21:15 IST

MUMBAI: Our very own ‘Bollywood badshah’ Shah Rukh Khan will soon join the likes of golfing legend Tiger Woods, tennis queen Maria Sharapova and Nascar champion Jeff Gordon this year in the signature watch category.

TAG Heuer, the avant-garde of Swiss watch making for 145 years now, is planning to launch a special edition of watches christened ‘The Shah Rukh Khan Watch’ in India soon.

President of LVMH Watch Jewellery Asia Pacific Ravi Thakran, told DNA, “In the development stage at present, we along with Shah Rukh Khan are in the process of finalising the design and other nitty-gritties of the watch. All that I can say at this stage is that there would be two variants of this special edition and we should launch it some time in 2006.”

Based in Singapore, Thakran is currently in Mumbai for the ‘Collezione Bengal’ show, featuring 28 haute designers of clothes, furnishings, jewellery (silver and terracotta) from Bengal.

The event is presented by DNA’s lifestyle magazine Me and will be held at the Lotus Room, Hilton Towers on Saturday January 7, 2006.

Elucidating further on the special edition watch, Thakran said the all-metal signature watch will showcase prominent characteristic features of the bollywood superstar and will cater to both classes and masses.

Not disclosing the price tag for the variants Thakran said, “Shah Rukh’s instructions at the design stage itself was to create a watch that was not very expensive and reaches out to the large fan following he enjoys across the country and overseas. This was the basic reason behind launching the two variants. While one will be available at a premium the other will be targeted at the masses.”

On an average a TAG Heuer watch starts from Rs 26,000 to couple of lakhs and even few crores for certain masterpieces being created in gold and diamonds.

In most probability, the Shah Rukh Khan special edition will be priced in the thousand-to-lakh bracket. Another global launch of TAG Heuer collection for women is scheduled on the sidelines of the ‘Me presents Collezione Bengal’ event on January 7, 2006 in Mumbai. The Swiss watch maker will showcase three new products - Mini Link River of Diamonds, Carrera Nacre and New Aquaracer Ladies with Diamonds.

New Aquaracer has been priced at Rs 82,000, Carrera Nacre costs Rs 2,82,000 and Mini Link River of Diamonds has a price tag of Rs 6,93,000. With these watches, TAG Heuer aims to reach out to women customers who relate themselves with the watchmaker’s values of trendy and sporty lifestyle chronographs

2. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thanks Wafa.:)

3. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

...Shah Rukh’s instructions at the design stage itself was to create a watch that was not very expensive and reaches out to the large fan following he enjoys across the country and overseas....

Wow!
    That's so sweet from him! I would like to have a "SRK-Watch"
    :D