1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Swiss Consul to honour DDLJ

Discussion in 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' started by Michelle, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

@ Claudia: LOL... thanks, dear. :)
    I really enjoyed to interact with you... :D
    Hope we get to do so more often in the future. :thumb:

Well, you know, "A good laugh a day keeps the doctor away.":pound: :pound: :pound:

I'm sure Shah Rukh would agree on that. ;)

2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I distinctly remember making this last year....

[​IMG]

3. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

Oh wow, thanks Didi. :kiss: It's so beautiful. :love:

That's brings back such sweet memories... "Come... Fall in Love... All over again." :heart: :heart: :heart:
    ... and again and again and again...... :D

4. hakim

hakim Well-Known Member

that's very nicely done it looks beautiful. thanks wafa.:)

5. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Wafa, your pic made me really hungry to watch it again...:D

Lucky me, I have the DVD from India... ;) :)

6. enass

enass New Member

wow I love that pic wafa didi I feel like watching the movie again and again.:heart: :heart:

7. avggomez

avggomez New Member

wow!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to see them together again!

8. Alana

Alana New Member

DDLJ Rocks at 500 Weeks - Party

DDLJ Rocks at 500 Weeks
    [Wednesday, October 04, 2006]
    The Switzerland - Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge formal dinner held at Hotel Taj Landsend on Tuesday witnessed the who's who of Bollywood in full attendance. The reception, graced by Bollywood super star Amithab Bachchan, as Chief guest, and Marco Solari, Switzerland tourism board member, as guest of honor, was to felicitate Yash Chopra's blockbuster 'DDlG's unit for the successful running of their film for over 500 weeks.

Source: indiaglits.com

The pics are in the Galerie!

9. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

10. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

Re: DDLJ Rocks at 500 Weeks - Party

NDTV Night Out came from this venue last night although they didn't cover it, however I think they might show it tonight, but don't quote me on that, it's just a hunch :eek:

It's a great achievement :whoo:

Thanks michaela and Evy :thumb:

11. chatranisrk

chatranisrk Well-Known Member

I just had a look at the photos!! They seem all great and relaxed! Oh I wish I was there!! I had no idea Yash Uncle did so much for the Swiss tourism.... Now I do understand better why in my first Hindi movies, they were all rushing to sing and dance on the Swiss mountains!!!! :) :p

Thanks for posting :heart: :heart:

12. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

Swiss honour for ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’ team

Wednesday, October 4th, 2006
    - Indo Asian News Service

‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’, the 1995 Bollywood blockbuster shot extensively in Switzerland, was given a rare Swiss recognition here.

The Consulate General of Switzerland in Mumbai organised a formal dinner to felicitate the unit of the Yash Chopra super hit for its successful running for over 500 weeks.

Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan was the chief guest at the event held Tuesday evening in Hotel Taj Lands End. Marco Solari, Switzerland Tourism Board member, was the guest of honour.

The Ambassador of Switzerland in India, Dominique Dreyer, and the Consul General in Mumbai, Josef W. Eisele, welcomed the guests.

They presented mementos to Yash and the main leads in the film - Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol - and singing legend Lata Mangeshkar, who sang some of the hit songs of the film.

Mandira Bedi, Farida Jalal, Anupam Kher, Satish Shah, Parmeet Sethi and Achala Sachdev, who had acted in the film, were also awarded.

Late lyricist Anand Bakshi’s award and that of Amrish Puri were collected by their spective sons.

‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’, the first Hindi blockbuster to feature non-resident Indians, was directed by Aditya Chopra and had won a national award.

‘Yash Chopra’s Romance with Switzerland’, a short film reminiscing the producer-director’s love affair with the scenic country set the tone of the evening followed by a performance by Bollywood’s choreographer Shiamak Davar and his troupe.

The next surprise of the evening was a huge cake in the shape of a cowbell, specially flown in from Zurich’s Bahnhofstrasse’s renowned Confisserie Sprungli.

A three-metre long Alp horn was presented to Yash Chopra.

Cyril Jost, from Film Location Switzerland, announced scouting trips for Indian producers for new shooting locales in Switzerland. Urs Eberhard, executive vice president Markets and MICE - Switzerland Tourism, said: ‘We have an office here which can provide information on locations in destination Switzerland to any filmmaker from India.’

Other film personalities spotted at the event were Dilip Kumar, Saira Banu, Mumtaz, Nitin Mukesh, Mukesh Bhatt, Vashu Bhagnani, Boney Kapoor his wife Sridevi.

Bipasha Basu provided the glamour quotient and Mumbai’s business world was represented by Mahendra Sanghi, Simone Tata, Gautam Singhania, S. Ramadorai and Ashok Hinduja.

Delegates from Switzerland Tourism, Urs Eberhard, executive vice president, and Federico Sommaruga, director-India, were the other hosts.

13. reemal

reemal New Member

this wonderful news DDLJ is my favorite movie and will remain to be one.

14. melan

melan New Member

I think this was posted before :confused:
    I see the pics in the gallery but they don't have srk with kajol together???

15. avggomez

avggomez New Member

i knoe melan! its so sad we didnt see kajol srk pics together. but i hear there was a party after this evnt and no media is allowed. may be the two would ahve been together after that. anywyaz hope to see picture of them together soon.
    just cant belive that i ahve been so aptient to see pics of them together for a long time and now again the event is here but no pics. so dissapointing!

16. avggomez

avggomez New Member

just want to add, ma disapointmnet is going away little by little. i just saw a pic with srk n kajol in one picture fram. even though they were not next toeach to ther its still satisfying. probably will see a hugging picture of SRK n Kajol soon!

17. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Thanks for the article and the pics!

Yes SRK looks very tired and I wonder me too why there isn't a pic of SRK and Kajol together... I mean they were the "Dreamteam" of this movie... and not even a pic of them??? :confused:

18. avggomez

avggomez New Member

hey chek in the picture gallery. there are some srk kajol pics @ teh event. not standing next toe ach other but in the same picture. something is better than nothnig i guess!

by teh way just hang on we will get a SRK picture together soon. it will be rediculos not see a picture of them together, becase without them DDLJ wouldnt ahve been a success!

19. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Oh yes Amali.. I've already seen the pics...

You are right.. better than nothing... but I think there HAS to be a pic from them BOTH!!!!! ALONE!!!
    Maybe there exist a pic somewhere.. at least I hope so!

20. Hasret

Hasret Ullu-Club-Member

I hope so too!