1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Swiss Consul to honour DDLJ

Discussion in 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' started by Michelle, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Michelle

Michelle THE BAADSHAH RULES!

Swiss Consul to honour DDLJ

Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge has created cinematic history with a run of 500 weeks since it’s release in 1995. The Consul General of Switzerland will celebrate the achievement by honouring the film’s producer Yash Chopra along with its actors Shah Rukh, Kajol and Karan Johar at an exclusive reception at Mumbai’s Hotel Land’s End on October 3. The Guest of Honour will be Amitabh Bachchan.

source:http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=13519

2. Michelle

Michelle THE BAADSHAH RULES!

wooooohoooooooooo!!!!!finally srkajol will be seen together in a function.i just cant wait for this to happen.*dancing with joy* *jumping*and just sooo happy to see that ddlj is being honoured!:kiss: :hug:

3. ariadne

ariadne New Member

thanks for the information

4. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Great!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thank you for sharing! :)

5. clochette

clochette New Member

Ooohhh, how I would love to be there - for the time of the function metamorphosed in a... fly!

6. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay thats gr8 news!!!
    thx genelia:thumb:

7. Poonam

Poonam New Member

I'm puzzled...what was the earlier commemmoration about?

8. clochette

clochette New Member

In my archive, I've found the following:

06 Mai 2006
    DDLJ enters its record breaking run - 550th week
    Yash Raj Films 'Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge' has entered a remarkable 550th week at Maratha Mandir (Mumbai) in matinee shows.

and in another article:

Tales of that Raj (DDLJ)
    Three, two, one... the number of times SRK has seen DDLJ, the number of mementos he kept and the film’s position on his hit list

Harneet Singh

Mumbai, May 10: IT’S simple maths. If Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge is the longest running film (500 weeks and still going strong) then, by that logic, Shah Rukh Khan is the longest running actor.
    Tell that to SRK and he laughs. ‘‘Wow, that’s a good one,’’ he says.
    Khan gets nostalgic talking about his biggest hit. ‘‘It feels very nice. When you start a film, you just want lots of people to like it. Since Adi (Aditya Chopra) was a new director and a friend, the film had more attachment for me,’’ he says.
    Khan never expected the film to hit cult status. ‘‘Whenever I think that it’s been 10 years, I am like, ‘oh s***,’’ he laughs.
    Khan has lots of insights to share about his reel character, the unforgettable Raj Malhotra. ‘‘I like Raj Malhotra,’’ he declares. Khan liked him the moment Adi narrated the subject to him. ‘‘He’s yuppie, modern, progressive and naughty.
    I don’t like straightforward guys and Raj Malhotra is anything but that,’’ he reminisces.
    What works for SRK is the fact that Raj Malhotra is ‘‘wildness in control.’’ The actor is kicked that Raj interpreted everything his way. ‘‘Normally in a Hindi film, the first thing a hero does after college is come home running to his mother declaring, ‘Ma, main first aaya. But Raj tells his dad that he failed. He’s so proud and his dad is celebrating his failure. I liked his sense of humour,’’ laughs SRK.
    Plus, there’s the fact that Raj was gutsy. ‘‘A true hero takes a stand. He doesn’t run away with the girl.
    He faces the problem standing upright. Any parent would like a guy like that,’’ reasons SRK.
    Till date, Khan has only seen the film three times. ‘‘I’m not so self-indulgent, and I feel shy seeing myself on screen,’’ he says.
    For all the records and glory, Khan is a little wary about terming DDLJ his most special film. ‘‘Raj Kapoor once said that a child who is unwell is most special. By that count, a film that doesn’t do well, should be more special,’’ he says.
    Khan still has the Harley Davidson jacket and the sunglasses from the film. ‘‘I always take one memento from every film but for DDLJ, I took two,’’ he says.
    Khan plans to celebrate the film’s 500th by watching it with his kids, Aryan and Suhana. ‘‘They’ve seen bits and pieces of the film on TV, they’ve commented on a few scenes of Kajol’s and mine. But soon, I’ll watch the DVD with them,’’ he promises.
    Raj Malhotra would like that very much

So, I think 500th week on 3rd of October is a bit outdated!
    And there was a conversation with Kajol and ShahRukh at NDTV to celebrate the 500th week.

9. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Ok ... Thanks Michelle and Claudia... We will see what happens..!

It would be great if there is any event in mumbai to the honour of DDLJ on the 3th of October... Why? That would mean .. "We'll get new pics!" :D :becky:

10. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

Thanks Claudia and Michelle for the information :thumb: This is great news, and well deserved :D and yes, it will mean more pictures :heart: :heart: :heart:

11. Alana

Alana New Member

I have a math problem.....500 weeks sound not so much but it's really 10 years, I checked it with my calculator.:tape2:
    Amazing, I wonder when I come to India in ten years if it will be in the cinema.....

Never the less some new pics would be really nice..................

12. clochette

clochette New Member

I've verified: DDLJ was released the 20th of October 1995, that makes till 3rd of October 2006 ca. 570 weeks (so they are about 70 weeks late - aaahh, the Swiss!!!).

13. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

Thanks a lot Michelle and Claudia. :)

"DDLJ" is my most favourite SRK film... :love: :heart: :love:
    so, this news makes me even happier... 570 weeks :eek: ... that's just awesome. :whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

Yeah, I'd love to be in Mumbai on October 3rd... not that I'd gain access to the exclusive reception :rolleyes: but it still would be great to stay at the Hotel and sneak around to catch a glimpse of Shah Rukh Jaan, Kajol, Karan and Amitji.:D :p ;)

Btw. is it the 'Taj Land's End Hotel' that the reception will be held ???
    That's the one right next to Mannat isn't it ??? :becky:

14. clochette

clochette New Member

Yes, it's the one and only Taj Land's End just down the road from the Mannat. Perhaps ShahRukh and Gauri will do a little walk that evening there....

15. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

Thanks Claudia. :D

Hmmm, I wonder whether Shah Rukh and Gauri would mind if I join them for a little stroll to the hotel !?!... :rolleyes: :p ;)

16. clochette

clochette New Member

Ask them!!!!

17. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

LOL... sure... hold on I'll just quickly ring them up to inform them of me dropping by to accompany them to the exclusive "DDLJ" reception...:phone:
    I'm sure they'll be delighted and are they'll feverishly expect my arrival at their doorstep. :p :D ;)
    I probably won't even have to check in the hotel cause they'll let me stay at Mannat as their very own 'Guest Of Honour'. :thumb:

18. gtdevil07

gtdevil07 New Member

ddlj was such a good movie! they desevre it.

19. siri

siri New Member

oh great news.thanks

20. clochette

clochette New Member

@ Gai

your post = the highlight of my day!!! Thanks for your humor!!!