1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Student Of the Year (New Movie - Directed by Karan Johar, Produced by Kjo & SRK )

Discussion in 'Movies N-S' started by danshula, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

My feelings are totally opposite.

2. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

You have the right to hate the trailer if it didn't meet your expectation.:)

3. Prerna Dewan

Prerna Dewan Well-Known Member

I..didn't like the trailer. Even though I'm a hardcore KJo fan, and I've adored all of his movies, I just didn't like the trailer. It was too glossy and glamorous and unrealistic! I mean, there were only shots of them partying/coming out of beaches with hotbods/wearing designer labels/swimming...that's all I saw in the trailer..I hardly saw any *story* bits...bits that would tell me a little more about the movie than its look!
    And I'm not one of those who love to hate KJo! Yet, this is my frank reaction to the trailer..it was disappointing..

RizwanaShahrukh says thanks.
  4. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

Actually I didn't have any expectations at all;) I just don't think it's the right way to atract younger audience. The movie reminds me of "Always Kabhi Kabhi".
    And I agree with Prerna Dewan. From what I saw in the trailer I can tell that 90% of the youngsters simply can't identify with the world Kjo created in the movie.

RizwanaShahrukh says thanks.
  5. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

And me:confused:

6. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh's trailers on youtube always have ratings

7. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

I'm not saying his trailers didn't have good ratings but we can't deny the fact that some people purposely dislike the video just because they hate him.:rolleyes:

Anjali72 and Tash thank this.
  8. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Not SRK but Kajol to do a special appearance in Karan's ‘Student of the Year’

Source: Tina Krishnan | Last Updated 12:12(05/08/12)

[​IMG]

Karan Johar is all set for his next release 'Student Of The Year' and for the first time the filmmaker has opted for fresh faces against well-known actors for the production house. Karan's friends Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol and Farah Khan were supposed to do cameo in the film but now all the rumors can rest in peace as the director clears it all.

Commenting on cameo roles by his friends, Karan says, "Except for Kajol, no other actor is doing a cameo in the film."
    This film is special for Karan as he has never taken new comers in his film. Talking about the three new comers Aliya Bhatt, Siddharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan, Karan says, "This is a film which is very different from what I have done before. I was feeling like their parent who takes them for an evening walk in a garden. I have worked with actors who never needed any guidance or spoon-feeding. But for Aliya, Siddharth and Varun, it was constantly nurturing and parenting them. I'm sure their parents are going through the same emotions as mine. It’s a special feeling and something I wanted to do."

Well, this will be a heart-breaking news for all the SRK fans as he is not there in the film. But, Karan has certainly kept both his lucky charms SRK and Kajol with him - SRK co-producing the film and Kajol doing a cameo
    http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-not-srk-but-kajol-to-do-a-special-appearance-in-karans-‘student-of-the-year-3616279-NOR.html

Jasmine, Tash and mumbiene thank this.
  9. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

Thank God, atleast now i dont have to waste my time and money watching this :rolleyes:

10. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Student of the Year a huge responsibility: Karan Johar​
    Press Trust of India | Sunday, August 12, 2012 (Mumbai)

[​IMG]

Director Karan Johar, who is ready to launch four new actors in his upcoming directorial Student of the Year, says it is a huge responsibility on him.

The film is the 40-year-old's first directorial venture without actor-friend Shah Rukh Khan in the lead and will mark the debut of Mahesh Bhatt's daughter Alia Bhatt, director David Dhawan's son Varun, Siddharth Malhotra and actor Boman Irani's son Kayoze.

"The film is a big responsibility for Dharma productions. We are launching the career of four youngsters - Aliya, Varun, Siddharth and Kayoze. All of them are very promising and talented. So, we as a production house have to make sure that everything goes well," said Karan, who was in the capital for designer-friend Manish Malhotra's show at the PCJ Delhi Couture Week last night.

The trailor of SOTY was launched on August 2 and has a feel similar to Aditya Chopra's 2000 college romance film Mohabbatein, which launched six new faces.

"We have planned an elaborate promotion affair for the film. We will start releasing the songs from August 24. It will be followed by the official music launch," Karan added.

SOTY has been co-produced by Shah Rukh Khan under Red Chillies Entertainment. The film also stars Rishi Kapoor, Ronit Roy, Kitu Gidwani, Ram Kapoor and is set to hit theatres on October 19.
    http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story....word=bollywood&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&nid=254032

11. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

Yeah, sure...Directors/actors kids have to be talented..:rolleyes: :p

12. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member

MaryAnnK, Jasmine and nika thank this.
  13. N a d a

N a d a Member

[​IMG]

i wonder why do karan always make this face in his photos lol !!

14. mumbiene

nika says thanks.
  15. mumbiene

Why Shahrukh Is Missing From 'Student Of The Year' ?

MaryAnnK and precious_ain thank this.
  16. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

I think SOTY album is good!:) I already love Disco Deewane, Ishq Wala Love & Vele!

17. N a d a

N a d a Member

I hope anyone translate wht karan said :oops:
    I don't know hindi :oops:

precious_ain says thanks.
  18. precious_ain

precious_ain Well-Known Member

he said that Shahrukh is the producer of the movie, which is the most important part of the movie, and specially when it comes to new comers, producer plays the most important role. So, SRK is always attched to the movie.

N a d a and Alenka thank this.
  19. N a d a

N a d a Member

That's really sweet and he is right <3
    ThanQ very much bro for the translation

precious_ain says thanks.
  20. precious_ain

precious_ain Well-Known Member

My pleasure, i am always there for yew guys :)