1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Student Of the Year (New Movie - Directed by Karan Johar, Produced by Kjo & SRK )

Discussion in 'Movies N-S' started by danshula, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

I wonder if her character in this film is named Anjali too.:p Seeing her brings me back to the beautiful memories when I first watched KKHH alone in theatre.:)

2. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

iamsrking says thanks.
  3. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member

‘Student Of The Year’ trailer out on Rakhi

The trailer of Karan Johar’s much-awaited directorial venture “Student Of The Year” will release on the festival of Rakhi Aug 2, said the filmmaker.

The 40-year-old took to Twitter to break the news, and wrote: “The first trailer of ‘Student Of The Year’ will be out on the 2nd of August.”

“Have just one day left to complete ‘Student Of The Year’. It’s been an 11 month shoot journey with lots of fun and debut dynamics,” he added.

The movie, co-produced by superstar Shah Rukh Khan, will launch three new faces in tinsel town – model Siddharth Malhotra, filmmaker David Dhawan’s son Varun and filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt’s daughter Alia.

The film is said to be a youthful drama.

http://news.cinebasti.com/bollywood/23168-student-of-the-year-trailer-out-on-rakhi.html

precious_ain, Rayhana and Vegainko thank this.
  4. mumbiene

Trailer of ‘Student of the year’ to be released on August 2

By: Bollywood Mantra Staff on 24th July 2012

Year 2012 seems to be a treat for the Hindi movie-loving populace. ‘Kahani’, ‘Hosefull2’, ‘Rowdy Rathore’, ‘Vicky Donor’ , ‘Ek mai aur Ek Tu’, ‘Bol Bachchan’, ‘Cocktail’; it seems already too much . Well the party is not over yet. KJo’s (Karan Johar) latest movie ‘Student of the Year ’ is set to be released on 19th October 2012.
    It has been a while since Karan has called the shots behind the camera. So it will be interesting to watch out for this movie which promises a lot. It is a joint venture of Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions and Shah Rukh’s Red Chilles Entertainment, two of the biggest banners of Indian Cinema. This is the first movie where SRK hasn’t been cast by KJo , though he makes a guest appearance along with Kajol .
    The cast of the movie has some interesting names. It marks the debut of Alia Bhatt, younger daughter of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt; Varun Dhawan , son of director David Dhawan and Kayoze Irani, son of actor Boman Irani and newcomer Siddharth Malhotra . Rishi Kapoor plays a gay as Dean Yoginder Vasisht, which will be a funny bone tickling performance. The other significant names included in the cast are Sana Sayeed , Ronit Roy, Kitu Gidwani, Ram Kapoor and Gautami Gadgil Kapoor .The music for the movie has been composed by Vishal-Shekhar.
    The movie went on the floors on 16th August 2011, with the Mahurat function being attended by socialite Parameshwar Godrej. The movie has been shot in Kasiga School (Dehradun), the name of which has been changed to St. Teresa. Apart from that the other shooting places include Shimla, Kashmir and Thailand.
    There were some freak incidents while shooting for the film. Boman Irani fainted while shooting in Thailand due to the extreme heat. Later he tweeted he was okay. Also Varun Dhawan got injured on the on the sets. He was rushed to the hospital but within a few weeks he resumed shooting with a fractured forehead.
    The posters of the movie were first released in Jan by Karan. The youthful, energetic feel from them seems to create a déjà vu feel of the ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ movie. We wish Karan and ShahRukh lot of success with this movie.
    You might like:
    http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news...-of-the-year-to-be-released-on-august-2/9402/

5. mumbiene

Here is a teaser poster of 'Student of the Year' directed by Karan Johar. The film is produced by Karan Johar and Shahrukh Khan under the banner of Dharma Productions and Red Chillies Entertainment. The film is to be released on 19 October 2012.
    SOTY.jpg

Jasmine, MaryAnnK, Tash and 4 others thanked this.
  6. mumbiene

Jasmine, MaryAnnK, nika and 2 others thanked this.
  7. mumbiene

8. mumbiene

Jasmine, MaryAnnK and nika thank this.
  9. mumbiene

Karan Johar teases 'Student of the Year' first look

Published Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 20:32 BST | By Steven Baker | Add comment

Submit
    [​IMG]
    Karan Johar has unveiled the first look at new release Student of the Year.

The director has teased fans with a series of images to promote the college-themed movie.

"The competition of life starts soon. A Karan Johar film," reads one of the initial posters, against the image of a sports trophy.

A second poster in the series shows a basketball being bounced in front of a sepia visual of a grand, imposing building - a trope of Johar's style of cinema.

The third poster presents lead actors Siddharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan wearing basketball outfits with the names 'Abhimanyu', 'Shanaya' and 'Rohan' emblazoned across their backs.

Actors Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol and Rishi Kapoor are rumoured to appear in the film in supporting roles or cameo appearances.

Johar's first movie since My Name Is Khan releases worldwide October 19.

See the posters in our gallery below:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bollywo...ok.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Wafa, MaryAnnK, Vegainko and 1 other person say thanks.
  10. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

With KJ at helm, hope the film will get better response than Always Kabhi Kabhi.:)

11. mumbiene

12. mumbiene

13. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

Jasmine, Wafa, MaryAnnK and 4 others thanked this.
  14. SharlaJ

No Shah Rukh Khan in Buddy KJo’s Next Film
    57bd8fbc-8810-46f0-a2de-46c9021473c5MediumRes.JPG
    Till date, Karan Johar has directed four films. And apart from the fact that all of them have been major hits, they have another thing in common — his close friend Shah Rukh Khan has starred in all of them. But Karan’s fifth directorial film, the upcoming Student Of The Year (SOTY), will not feature SRK at all. Not even in a cameo.

“Yes, Shah Rukh won’t be making an appearance.
    He is playing a bigger role — that of a co-producer. What more (involvement) could I have asked (him) for? It’s a humungous support for me to have Shah Rukh around,” says Karan, who launches the first look of SOTY today in the city.

Ask Karan about SRK’s level of involvement, and he says: “I have always been hugely dependant on his experience and advice. For me, the moral support is also vital because you are very vulnerable during the process. Plus, Gauri (Khan) has worked as the producer (on SOTY).”
    Karan’s “lucky charm” Kajol, will however, be doing a dance number in the film that stars newcomers Alia Bhatt (Mahesh Bhatt’s daughter), Varun Dhawan (David Dhawan’s son) and Siddharth Malhotra.

“I’m nervous as well as excited (about the first look). I’m happy to have spotted and nurtured talents like Alia, Varun and Siddharth. Going ahead, I will be proud of their individual achievements in the film industry,” says Karan. He has just returned to the city after attending the London Olympics opening ceremony, about which he says, “It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I can confidently state that it was purely a filmmaker’s show.”

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Enter...in-buddy-KJo-s-next-film/Article1-906952.aspx

Wafa, nika, MaryAnnK and 2 others thanked this.
  15. SharlaJ

Student of The Year - Official Trailer

Jasmine, zheni, Wafa and 6 others thanked this.
  16. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

Really liked the trailer. It definitely left a great impact!:) Looks like the film will appeal to the youngsters. One thing I don't understand is why so many dislikes for the trailer? Maybe some people just love to hate Karan Johar!:rolleyes:

Wafa, Tash and Alenka thank this.
  17. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, as always, the losers in life love to hate. Nothing new.;)

Tash says thanks.
  18. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

I think that the most part dissatisfied and a trailer didn't look..... rivalry probably....:confused:

19. SharlaJ

iamsrking says thanks.
  20. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice or not? The rating for this video has been disabled.:D I'm glad the producer took this action. Maybe Shah Rukh should do the same too for his film's trailer in the future.:)