1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Student Of the Year (New Movie - Directed by Karan Johar, Produced by Kjo & SRK )

Discussion in 'Movies N-S' started by danshula, Jan 4, 2011.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shan Rukh, Farah Khan face-off on August 31

| Jan 14, 2012, 11.10AM IST
    That Shah Rukh Khan and Farah Khan are no longer thick friends is known.

The fact that both the Khans are aggressive when it comes to promoting their films is also not new. However, what does come as a surprise is the fact that both have decided to release their films on the same day, August 31, 2012. Mumbai Mirror has learnt that Farah's film Joker, which has been directed by her husband Shirish Kunder and SRK's co-production with KJo's Dharma, Student Of The Year will clash at the box office in the second half of the year. While, Farah had announced the release date for Joker earlier, Red Chillies and Dharma have just finalised the date and are yet to make an announcement.

Unaware of any news of Student Of The Year's release date, Joker director Shirish Kunder said, "I am not aware of the release date of the other film. As far as I am concerned, Joker is definitely coming on the 31st of August." Karan Johar chose not to reply.

However, once the dates are announced, it would be interesting to see how the former friends Farah and SRK deal with the marketing of their ventures.

Keeping Farah and SRK's marketing tactics in mind, an industry expert contemplating on what could possibly precede the two releases, told Mumbai Mirror, "Farah and SRK are both extremely strong headed. They will start a volley of verbal attacks and not leave any stone unturned for their film to be in the news."

Sanjay Leela Bhansali had earlier faced similar attacks from Farah and SRK when Saawariya released alongside Om Shanti Om in 2007.

But that was when Farah and SRK were still bosom buddies. The rift between the two good friends was formed when Farah announced Tees Maar Khan with SRK's rival Akshay Kumar. Though Farah and SRK have still maintained that they are 'good' friends, a series of incidents have proved otherwise. For example, Farah's husband Shirish Kunder had posted several tweets making fun of SRK's RA.One. He had called it a Rs 150 crore firework that fizzled out. Also, at Farah Khan's recent housewarming party, SRK was conspicuously left out of the guest list.

Both Farah and SRK?are extremely strong headed and will start a volley of verbal attacks
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ace-off-on-August-31/articleshow/11484864.cms

MaryAnnK, Rayhana and Vegainko thank this.
  2. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

you are one sad miserable person, Shirish!

Yeh Dil and Anjali72 thank this.
  3. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

This is interesting ... again duck the media? They have always been friends. can't be thrown in a few phrases to decide the fateof friendship.

4. Becy

Becy Well-Known Member

Shirish's a jerk.
    Sorry to say it, but this is not media made, it's surely not the same anymore.

5. Vegainko

who the source? where such information. I think. that it is exaggerated .))))

6. Becy

Becy Well-Known Member

Read what Farah and SRK said about the issue themselves. :) I know they've kind of made up, but as I said, it's not the same anymore. They were quite close, weren't they, and an occasion like Farah's hous warming party or Eid celebrations or whatnot would'nt take place without SRK.

And remember, at the beginning most fans thought their reported rift was a hoax, when later it turned out to be true.

Just my opinion of course and you are entitled to yours. :)

Rayhana says thanks.
  7. Vegainko

Maybe you're right))) I will not judge. I think we all still know very little what was going on behind closed doors))) :)

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  8. mumbiene

Student Of The Year not releasing with Joker: Karan Johar
    By IANS, 25 January, 2012
    [​IMG]Filmmaker Karan Johar has quashed rumours that his forthcoming directorial “Student Of The Year” will release on the same date as Shirish Kunder’s “Joker”.

“Farah is a really dear friend and I would never come up with the film the same day with her husband’s film,” the 39-year-old filmmaker said here at Riteish-Genelia’s pre-wedding party, thrown by Sajid Nadiadwala Tuesday night.

“Student Of The Year” is so far scheduled for release Aug 31.

Johar’s new film features three new faces – Alia Bhatt (Mahesh Bhatt’s daughter), Varun Dhawan (David Dhawan’s son) and model-turned-actor Siddharth Malhotra. The filmmaker is upbeat about launching the newcomers.

“I’m really excited about the three of them. Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt… all of them are very talented. I will not say much about them. You should see for yourself and base your opinion on what you see,” he said.

“Student of The Year” will see Johar return to direction after his 2010 film “My Name Is Khan”. The film is being co-produced by Shah Rukh Khan.

For now, Johar is keeping his fingers crossed for his latest production, the remake of 1990 film “Agneepath”, which will hit screens Thursday. The film features Hrithik Roshan, Sanjay Dutt and Priyanka Chopra in key roles.
    http://www.filmicafe.com/news_detail.php?news_id=22355

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  9. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

this movie is directed by karan? :eek: i had no idea...

10. SRK's~Princess

SRK's~Princess "Pyaar dosti hai" - Shahru ♥

WoW looks like an AWESOME film! Hope SRK does a cameo in it! It will make the film even better! :pop2:

Yeh Dil says thanks.
  11. SRK's~Princess

SRK's~Princess "Pyaar dosti hai" - Shahru ♥

hehe well now you do! ;)

12. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

[quote="SRK's~Princess, post: 823697, member: 18932" Hope SRK does a cameo in it! It will make the film even better! :pop2:[/quote]

no please... shah should STOP doing cameos.... they waste his time and dont add value to his filmography

like people say he acted in over 70 movies... actually he only made 49! :) the rest were js stupid cameos... and i hate it..

especially when the movie is a flop, then they say SRK'S movie flopped :mad:

Becy says thanks.
  13. mumbiene

Karan Johar's 'Student Of The Year' to release on 19th October, 2012

Businessofcinema.com TEAM 23 April , 2012

MUMBAI: Dharma Productions' upcoming movie 'Student of the Year' is an Indian comedy film directed by the ace director Karan Johar. Through this movie, Karan is launching a number of contemporary faces within the Indian Cinema industry. Student of the year is also a launch pad for David Dhawan's son Varun, Mahesh Bhatt's daughter Alia and newbie Siddharth Malhotra.

Student of the year is Karan Johar`s next directorial venture after his 2010 film My Name Is Khan. The film, jointly produced by Dharma Productions and Red Chillies Entertainment, is slated to release on 19th October, 2012.

The movie will also showcase versatile actors like Rishi Kapoor and Sanjay Dutt, whereas Shah Rukh Khan and Boman Irani will be doing a cameo in it. Boman Irani will be sharing screen space with his son Kayoze Irani.
    http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=20554

14. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Sometimes directors or actors ask him to do a cameo since their his friends so he obliges and sometimes he's producing the film so he does a cameo in it.

15. Becy

Becy Well-Known Member

I really wonder about the fate of this film. Theres no buzz at all, it seems. :/ Yes, it's still months until the release, but everything seems far too quiet.

16. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Kajol, Shah Rukh Khan in Karan Johar’s next!

Last Updated: Monday, July 02, 2012, 11:19

[​IMG]

Zeenews Bureau

New Delhi: Filmmaker Karan Johar, who is busy with ‘Student of the Year’, has roped in his lucky mascot-cum-friend Kajol, once again for a cameo.

It has been told by a unit member of KJo’s film that on Saturday Kajol dropped by the movie sets to perform on a song from the film. It was Karan who insisted her to do the song since she has always proved to be a lucky mascot for his movies in the past.

That’s not all. It has been said that even Karan’s close buddy Shah Rukh will do a cameo in the movie once he returns from Yash Raj Film’s film shoot in London.

Here’s wishing Karan good luck from our end for his new venture!

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/movies/kajol-shah-rukh-khan-in-karan-johars-next_114464.htm

Anjali72, Wafa, MaryAnnK and 2 others thanked this.
  17. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

once upon a time... I would have gone for her, not now.

18. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

good luck

19. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member

2007070750410102nm__1148277649.jpg Sana re-enters Bollywood with Johar's 'Student of the Year'

'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' fame child artist Sana Saeed joined Karan Johar's bandwagon with 'Student of the Year' after a gap of 14 years.
    Making a mark in Bollywood as the eight-year-old cute and bubbly daughter of Shah Rukh Khan in Karan Johar's 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', actress Sana Saeed has resumed her tryst with acting after 14 years in Johar's film
    'Student of the Year'.

"I have a full-fledged role in the film. It is not a cameo. I play a high school hottie - Tanya. It is the second lead," the 23-year-old actress told.

Sana made her debut in Bollywood with Johar's 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' (1998) as a child artist and shot to fame as Shah Rukh's daughter Anjali in the movie. She has now teamed up with Johar for his romantic comedy 'Student of the Year'.

Directed by Johar himself, the film marks the debut of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt's daughter Alia, David Dhawan's younger son Varun and newcomer Siddharth Malhotra.

It was fabulous working with Karan after a gap of 14 years. When I shot for 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' I was scared and even now while doing this film I was scared and nervous. But I must say he made all of us comfortable," Sana said.

"When I went on the sets, this film's team was almost same as that of 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai'. I felt really good when they recognised me. For this movie we had a young team and we had great fun," Sana said.

Post 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', she was also seen in films like 'Badal' and 'Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega' as a child artist.

While studying in college, Sana also did TV shows like 'Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na' and 'Lo Ho Gayi Pooja Iss Ghar Ki'. "I did it TV when I was in college. I took it up because there were offers coming my way," Sana said.

With big Bollywood dreams in her eyes, she even thought of taking up an acting course in New York. But destiny again made her join Johar's bandwagon with 'Student of the Year'.

"I was just thinking of doing an acting course from New York. But that is when I came across this film, I auditioned for it and got selected. This was something I had never expected. I am extremely happy that I am part of this film," the actress said.

http://english.samaylive.com/entert...d-with-karan-johar-s-student-of-the-year.html

20. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Sana re-enters Bollywood with Johar`s `Student of the Year`

[​IMG]Last Updated: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 12:35

[​IMG]

Mumbai: Making a mark in Bollywood as an eight-year-old cute and bubbly daughter of Shah Rukh Khan in Karan Johar`s `Kuch Kuch Hota Hai`, actress Sana Saeed has resumed her tryst with acting after 14 years in Johar`s film `Student of the Year`.

"I have a full-fledged role in the film. It is not a cameo. I play a high school hottie - Tanya. It is a second lead role," 23-year-old Sana told PTI.

Sana made her debut in Bollywood with Johar`s `Kuch Kuch Hota Hai` (1998) as a child artist and shot to fame as Shahrukh`s daughter `Anjali` in the movie. She has now teamed up with Johar for his romantic comedy `Student of the Year`.

Directed by Johar himself, the film marks the debut of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt`s daughter Alia Bhatt, David Dhawan`s younger son Varun Dhawan and newcomer Siddharth Malhotra.

"It was fabulous working with Karan after a gap of 14 years. When I shot for `Kuch Kuch Hota Hai` I was scared and even now while doing this film I was scared and nervous. But I must say he (Karan) made all of us comfortable," Sana said.

"When I went on sets...The team that was there during `Kuch Kuch Hota Hai` was almost same for this film as well. I felt really good when they recognised me. For this movie we had a young team and we had great fun," Sana said.

Post `Kuch Kuch Hota Hai`, she was also seen in films like `Badal` and `Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega` as a child artist.

While studying in college, Sana also did TV shows like `Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na` and `Lo Ho Gayi Pooja Iss Ghar Ki`. "I did it (TV) when I was in college. I took it up because there were offers coming my way from TV," Sana said.

With big Bollywood dreams in mind, she even thought of taking up acting course from New York. But destiny again made her join Karan`s bandwagon with `Student of the Year`.

"I was just thinking of doing an acting course from New York. But that is when I came across this film, I auditioned for it and got selected. This was something I had never expected. I am extremely happy that I am part of this film," the actress said.
    http://zeenews.india.com/entertainm...d-with-johar-s-student-of-the-year_115490.htm