1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Still Reading Khan by Mushtaq Sheikh [Merged]

Discussion in 'Still Reading Khan - by Mushtaq Sheikh' started by Wafa, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Hindustan Times

This is a year for Shah Rukh Khan, not just as an actor and producer but also because there are three books underway, capturing his life and times. While one is an autobiography and another is authored by Anupama Chopra, the third will be the first to hit the shelves. Titled Still Reading Khan, the 417-page book (priced at about Rs 2,500), with more than 1500 images, is written by former journalist and long-time friend of Khan's, Mushtaq Shiekh.

"I've known Shah Rukh for more than 11 years, and when I decided to write the book I didn't know where I would start, so I went to Delhi and began cataloguing his life chronologically," says Sheikh who previously wrote the book on Khan's film Asoka.

This included visiting his old home, the place where his father's restaurant was, the gallis where Khan hung out, meeting his friends and visiting Barry John, his acting teacher.

So is the book a biography? Shiekh refutes the category. "The word biography sounds fuddy-duddy and reeks of intellectualism. But my book is more of a breezy travelogue. I wanted to make a book on Shah Rukh that was like him."

The book, therefore, includes chapter headers like X Chromosome, Mere Paas Ma Hai, Destiny's Child and Acting Pricey.

Still Reading Khan (an expansion of `SRK') is a combination of research, archival material, interviews with Khan, wife Gauri, his sister, children and friends (the C-gang from Delhi) with a foreword by Karan Johar.

"At first I did not know where to start, but later I did not know when to stop so I have ended it with Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, with a bunch of exclusive images from the film included," says Shiekh, who first met Khan as a reporter for G magazine.

Having been his friend for over a decade, how objective will the book be? "I've tried to be as honest as I can with my writing and not gushed. Other people have done that because the book includes their viewpoints. And where I have gushed are points where I think he deserves it," replies Shiekh.

He believes that Khan's story is that of "a winner which needed to be told".
    Due out in June, in the presence of Shah Rukh Khan, Still Reading Khan seems set to be must-have for the coffee tables of all SRK fans.
    Excerpt from the book:

Shah Rukh found he had been selected to be one of the four principal dancers with just one speaking line... "I was very disappointed that I didn't get the lead role. But I didn't say it, for up against me were all the big guys like Roshan Seth." Besides... it was a musical and he couldn't sing.

Attached Files:

2. veronicas

veronicas ~Forever Yours~

Re: Still Reading Khan

I can't wait to have this book. It' going to be my treasure. Only if I could get it sighned by him. Thank you for the news Wafa.:p :pray2: :pray2: :pray2:

3. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

out in june!! wooohoooo!!! i hope its released worldwide

4. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

The book comes out in June...

mhmmm ...it seems that the month June becomes really expensive for me!

Thanks Wafa!

5. SRKsham

SRKsham Well-Known Member

I really can't wait for his book!!! :(

Thanks for sharing sweetheart:kiss:

6. Michelle

Michelle THE BAADSHAH RULES!

oh poor me!!!i wish i could afford it!!!!!!:(but it seems 2 b interesting!!!!!

7. Astri

Astri New Member

1500 images?!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: But the book is so expensive.:(

8. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

ohhh, this book sounds really interesting and it has 1500 images, now that's a must buy, lets hope it avalaible worldwide

9. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

Hope it is available in the UK, but it looks like I'm going yo have to re-mortgage the house to buy it.:(

10. TARA

TARA "K3T"-Member

Yes dear.seems to me too!! I think we should start to save the mones for all thoose things..................:D

thanks for the information wafa!

11. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Can't wait!!

Thanks Wafa.:)

12. SRKsham

Pfff jep I heard that too..:( but I really have to get one:eek:

13. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Still Reading Khan (an expansion of `SRK') is a combination of research, archival material, interviews with Khan, wife Gauri, his sister, children and friends (the C-gang from Delhi) with a foreword by Karan Johar.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! Got to get this one!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

14. veronicas

How much will Rs 2,500 will be in US dollars? Does anyone know?:confused:

15. annous

annous New Member

it will be about 66$, which is little pricy IMO

16. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Oewh yes it is! Aawh well .. not to me (I'll spend all my money on him if I have to):D ... but my mother! WAHAHAHA She'll kill me if she finds out how much it cost me. So I'll just have to hide it I guess. :p :D

17. SRKsham

:lol: LOL! oohhw my mom:rolleyes: ... I haven't even thought about that:eek: pfff she will kick my ass too... But that doesn't matter:D

18. fatimamirza

fatimamirza New Member

in june of course it will be worldwide, and i think it will reach Bahrain 1st so can't wait to buy, see and read it with all my love:thumb: thks wafa:kiss:

19. veronicas

Thank you Enass. :) Anything and anyprice for him. :D :heart:

20. filmifan

filmifan bhangraholic nattu

it's not available on Amazon yet, not even for pre-order... :(