1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

StarKhan's Cafe

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by starstuff, Jan 7, 2011.

1. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

Hey all of you wonderful HI-CUP'S

I know many of us are having tough times, because of health, exams, personal matters, problems in their country...PLUS the waiting, which is just beginning :ballchain:

Here in France there's nowadays on the Radios a wonderful song, which I can't listen to without thinking of you and of our Shah...:heart::heart:

so if you allow me, I give you a link for it : (the radio version is not a choral one, but gosh...a choral is so appropriate for us here :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZe7MmG4ngA&feature=related
    On ne dit jamais assez aux gens qu'on aime, qu'on les aime (Louis Chedid)

and I 've tried to translate the lyrics :

These parents, these friends
    These women that we care
    With whom we sleep, we have dinner
    We talk on the phone
    Often, when our eyes meet
    There's like a heat
    But to reach the moment of making lines
    There's too much shame

we can never say enough
    to the People we love,
    scared of embarrassing them,
    that we Love them
    we can never say enough
    that Without them all
    we could not even be half
    of what we are

Before saying goodbye
    Before stepping on the shadow
    Before closing the book
    of our story
    I 'want to declare this little world
    Around me
    Life, life would be a dark
    Without you around, all of you around

we can never say enough
    to the People we love,
    scared of embarrassing them,
    that we Love them
    we can never say enough
    that Without them all
    we could not even be half
    of what we are

What's the most important
    The reason or feelings?
    we can never say enough
    to the People we love
    we never say enough
    that we Love them

so Hi- CUP's and of course, Shah Rukh
    today I feel like telling you
    :director: I LOVE YOU :grouphug:

Anne :angel:

2. mitwa

mitwa I`m a dreamer...will I ever get well?!

My beloved ones :grouphug:...first of all Dea my sweet :):kiss: thank you for pointing me this threat coz I didn`t knew about it:eek: and without you I`ll never had the happiness of being here...
    and than you girls :grouphug: I missed you so much ...yes I missed so much these discusion ,this fever of waiting...
    I haven`t been part of other CUP but now...what can I say...
    Chris dear :hug: you are a true angel :nod: you expressed so well all what I feel to...and I`m 50 :eek:... God bless you...so I wanna be a part of this too :nod:
    I`m so sorry for all it happens in Australia :( ...like Dea said here in Romania in the last years it happened all the time:( so we know very well how you feel and we are with you people ...praying for you...
    as for Shah our beloved :) as you know it is said that God always tries his beloved ones so ...I guess God loves him very very much and tries him but let all pray he will remain the same beautifull and heartened person by all thru...
    I tried to make myself a siggy but I don`t really know so much about it so if anything it`s not proper please do tell me and I`ll dearly ask somebody who knows to do it .
    Now another biig hug for all of you from the bottom of my heart :grouphug:
    Oh and Anne :hug: cette chanson c`est mervellieuse!!!

3. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

I hope MNIK gets nominated today...just 1.30 hour more to know....:pout: :pray2:

4. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

awww Anne :kiss: so niceeeeeee! i love u too :kiss: and i love u all :grouphug:
    the song is beautiful :heart: my dad lives in Paris so i know some french myself, i'll point him to this song :D he'll surely love it. i was supposed to move to Paris along with my mom too but now only my mom will be moving with him, i'll stay and do medschool here :D but when i get there hey maybe we will meet someday!
    and Mary :kiss: u're welcome yaar! i know, i've missed this too! but i know we'll all stay here and be here for one another, through this times :bounce:

5. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

How sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet Anne.......:target: now we have an offical Hi-cup song :target:

6. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

guys, I have made a sigie and I know it's terrible ....but I was helping myself wait for the movie and other new pics of Ra.one ....I still wait for my sigie ....the real CUP one :D

7. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

sure Shaimaa :kiss: u'll see, new pics will appear soon enough and we'll have more material for siggies!

8. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

Awww Shaimaa...wanna see your sig! :D

9. starstuff

starstuff Well-Known Member

DAY 20 They adore me and it’s one of the nicest feelings to have,” says Khan with a dimpled smile. “I run around in tights and underwear at home. When someone says that RA.One is for kids, I tell them it’s not just for them, it’s for elders too. I’ve made the film for my kids and for myself, because I’m still a child at heart.

G'day! :wave:

I know, I know. I've been absent for FOREVER! :redface: Please accept my humblest apologies. :sorry: Sometimes things are a bit hectic on the home front and I have to just shut down and focus on making sure everything's A1 JI. It is an on-going problem, so if I do happen to 'disappear' for a little while, please understand that although my thoughts are with you all, I just have to make my family my priority for a little while! :)

Tonight's quotes come from SR's latest interview. I adore how he speaks about his children :heart:, BUT I must confess it took me a while to register his comments about his children BECAUSE I kept on imagining him running around the house in tights and his underwear! :flame: :boom: :eyebrows: :faint:

My days of being a sweet little angel are soooooooooooooo doomed! :D

Tweets about RA.1 continue to filter through, one by one, all saying how wonderful this is and how awesome that is, and that's great BUT we still ONLY have 1 poster to go on and a wait of almost 9 months! :clock: :crazy: :frusty:

Won't someone please show us some mercy! :pray2: :lock1:

Dea, even though my girls aren't SR fans, they still appreciate how special he is and I loved how last year, during some of the IPL games, Sarah became really upset b/c there was this large man in front of SR and he kept on blocking our view. :D Unfortunately, they just can't seem to handle the song and dances that are an integral part of BW but I manage to sneak in an item number here and there and if ever I'm sick I always play on their sympathies and can manage to get/'force' them to watch a little bit of SR! :biggrin1:

OH Anne, that is a MAGNIFICENT song. What beautiful sentiments. :heart: It is so hard to find songs like this in today's materialistic world. Thank you partner for sharing this beautiful song with us! :kiss::love::hug: And I agree wholeheartedly with Shaimaa, now we have an OFFICIAL HI-CUP SONG!

OH yeah, baby. There's no stopping us now! :hippie: :peace:

Shaimaa, your siggie takes my breath away! :scared: :rockon: Our Shah Rukh looks so stern, so determined, so drop dead gorgeous :faint:, and your siggie captures his RA.1 personna perfectly. Excellent work partner! :first:

Oh, I can tell, we're starting to get right back into the swing of things! :clap2: :whoo: THE HI-CUPS ARE ON THE MARCH! :D

Maria, :llama: it is so wonderful to have you with us! :hug::love::kiss: Everyone is welcome here and I for one, feel very privileged to have you with us, b/c you have such a warm and loving heart and I always appreciate your encouraging and heartfelt words of love and support to our one and only Shah Rukh! :kiss::love::hug:

You are so right here and I think that is one of the reasons why SR holds such a special place in our hearts b/c no matter what others do, to try and pull him down, he continues to keep on loving and giving and sometimes I feel as if SR's being stripped bare of all the dross, and in his place there is simply this incredible heart, that truly reflects God. :love: :hail:

Thank you for your kind words of support for the Australian people. Right now, it's my state that's being flooded and the irony is that 2 years ago, we suffered some of the worst bushfires in history and now, those some places are being subjected to floods. One thing, you can never say about Australia is that it's boring! :crazy:

And as for your siggie...:hail:AMAZING! TRULY AMAZING! Oh CUP's, what a talented bunch you are! :thumb:

OK, yet another 'short' post! :fish: Clearly, I need to work on my editing skills. :D BUT in my defence, I would say, I haven't been here for a few days and there was quite a bit to catch up with! :whistle:(Oh, and there was that brief moment in the tennis where Nadal took off his shirt. Just a slight distraction! :biggrin1:)

Now, I'm off to watch SR's Apsara performance for the...100th time! :D

Sending you all my love, Chris partner! :hug::love::kiss:

10. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

aww Chris CUP it's ok yaar :hug: take ur time! aww hehe so cute the way u "ask" ur girls to watch SR with u :D:D:D

11. starstuff

No update tonight. Instead I would ask that you hold the people of Egypt in your thoughts, and especially Shaimaa, as tensions rise b/w the government and the people of Egypt. It is approximately 11.30 am in Cairo and this afternoon the Egyptian people will march after prayers. Here's hoping this situation can be resolved without any further bloodshed. :pray2::pray2:

Tomorrow I'll be back with an early edition of the update, in preparation for the Filmfare awards, as we all join in to prepare for Shah Rukh to bring home that black lady! YES! :thumb:

Love always, Chris. :heart:

12. starstuff

DAY 23 I don't know, there is a kind of affection we have for each other, a kind of respect as actors, an affection because we worked on the sets. So it's always lovely to meet him. Madhuri Dixit.

Tonight is the 56th Filmfare Awards! I'm excited :target:, nervous :frown:, anxious :ballchain:, desperate :frusty:! I sooooooooooooooooo want Shah Rukh to take home the Black Lady for Best Actor! :pray2:

Part of me believes that there is no-one else in real contention but the other part of me is panicking and wondering if SR will be overlooked YET AGAIN! :wacko: (I'm still spitting chips about RNBDJ. I know everyone loved JA with Hrithik but as far as I could make out, the award was based on looks and not acting! :()

Anyway, tonight is a new beginning :high5: and what's more, Shah Rukh and Madhuri will be performing together after so very long :dance: :rockon: . I can't wait to see the magic they will bring to the stage and part of me feels as if it's a good omen! :biggrin1:

HI-CUP's, this is it! The night of nights! :target:

Here's hoping all will go well and when I awaken in the morning our Shah Rukh, will be the proud recipient of the Best Actor Award! :cheer2: :first:

Shah Rukh, we are so proud of all you have achieved with your wonderful performance in My Name Is Khan. You made Rizvan Khan come alive with his directness, his determination, his purity and his love. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for bringing him into this world and we will never forget your magic portrayal of one man's journey, to make things right, firstly with his beloved wife, but secondly, with the world, and to challenge those terrible prejudices that are used to justify violence and hatred. :hail::hail:

MR SHAH RUKH KHAN, we love you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssss much! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

And then some! :grouphug::love: :grouphug::love: :grouphug::love:

We wish you every success tonight and may you know our hearts are always with you, supporting you in good times and bad. :hug::love::kiss:

P.S. As yet there is no word from Shaimaa but this is to be expected b/c the internet is still down in Egypt. It is too early to say what will happen next but it would appear change is on the horizon. Shaimaa, we are all thinking of you and hoping you're A1 JI! :grouphug:

13. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

ufffu i'm really concerned for Shaimaa and all our egyptian members

14. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

arre where are u guys, we need to celebrate Shah's award :dance:

15. mitwa

MASHAHALLAH...MASHAHALLAH...MASHAHALLAH!!! :hail::hail::hail:
    He did it , he did it ,he did it again!!!Yes yes yes :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

16. starstuff

DAY 25 Best Actor: Rekha gives the Best Actor Award to Shah Rukh Khan for 'My Name is Khan'. The charming actor says, "I want to take this award for my daughter. I wanted to make her wear a red gown and walk in with me on the red carpet. But she's unwell".

CONGRATULATIONS OUR BELOVED SHAH RUKH

on winning the Filmfare award for

BEST ACTOR! :first:

:cheer2: :clap2: :whoo: :rockon:

On behalf of the HI-CUPS, I would like to say how proud we are of you and we all rejoice that your magnificent performance as Rizvan Khan received its due recognition. :high5: :dance: :bounce: :peace:

We love you Shah Rukh :heart: and when we see your humble, beautiful smile and your obvious excitement and gratitude on receiving this award it fills us with joy from top to bottom. :hug::love::kiss: :whoo: :cheer2:

Dearest Cup's, I must confess it is very hard for me to update at the moment. My thoughts, my prayers, my hopes and my fears are all with the Egyptian people at this time and until this situation has been resolved I may be remiss in some of my duties. Looking at some of the photos and the videos and reading some of the blog entries that are available on the net, make for compelling but also difficult viewing and reading. I am hoping things will improve without too much more bloodshed but they say a cornered dog is very dangerous and until one side cracks anything could happen. I will endeavour to update when I can but please understand that at the present my concentration is mainly directed at the events in Egypt.

Shaimaa, we are all thinking of you and hoping that you will come back to us soon. :grouphug: We miss you a great deal :sad: BUT when you return you will find there are lots and lots of goodies waiting for you -Zee footage, the FF award, SR's glorious Apsara performance as well as clips from Star Screen. :faint: :target: :flame: :dance:

Tonight I am going to break protocol and finish with some words from a poem, quoted by an Egyptian man in London. The way this man spoke these words made my heart ache and his empathy for the downtrodden was humbling.

I call on you
    I press your hands
    I kiss the ground under your feet
    And I say
    I sacrifice myself for you
    I did not humiliate myself in my homeland
    And I did not lower my shoulders
    I stood facing my oppressors
    Orphaned, naked and barefoot
    I call on you.

I must confess that when I see the footage of the protesters standing in front of the tanks and trucks I see a little bit of Rizvan Khan in them, in their determination and steadfastness. I am now beginning to understand why MNIK was such a hit in Egypt. :nod:

Sending you all my love, Chris. :heart:

17. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

im so happy he won the award, he deserved it :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

18. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

guys, i'm tellin u here since all of my readers are CUPs, i'm really busy this period so pls forgive me for not updating. i'm afraid i'll be keeping this up til july :( so don't be upset pls and i'll let u know when i update, so u won't have to keep checking :grouphug:

19. mitwa

omg...Chris dear no updates here for ages :(...I miss you girls:grouphug:

20. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i miss u guys too! :grouphug: where is everybody???!