1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK's Red Chillies buys filming rights to hit book The Zoya Factor

Discussion in 'Movies T-Z' started by Bridget, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

The reel deal

Wed, Oct 1 07:15 PM

Naked torso. Shah Rukh Khan.

This is how Anuja Chauhan's bestselling chick lit The Zoya Factor begins. And now Shah Rukh Khan's production company, Red Chillies Entertainment has bought the filming rights to the book.

But the deal was on even before the book was done. "We were shooting a Pepsi ad and he said, 'Oh if you write a book I'll buy the rights'.

I really thought it was one big joke. Then we met recently for a Nokia shoot and I sent him the book.

We had a long chat and he said, 'ya , let's do it'." Chauhan is excited about the book coming to life, specially with Red Chillies Entertainment.

"I love their movies and I've worked with them before. So, I know they will do it in the correct Zoya spirit.

They have a great sense of humour. Main Hoon Na is my favourite movie.

" And how does Shah Rukh feel about the opening chapter of the book, where Zoya all but drools on the actor's naked torso. "Actually he acted like he hadn't noticed that part," she laughs.

Chauhan has chosen not to be part of the filming process at all. "I wanted to write because it's the freest form of creative expression.

Filming involves too many other opinions." Chauhan is currently working on her second book.

"It's a romance in an unexpected world, one that is familiar but never seen from a young girl's point of view.".

http://in.news.yahoo.com/32/20081001/1070/ten-the-reel-dea.html

2. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

OMG!!! He is soooooo cute!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss: I bet he felt sooo shy!!!:heart::heart: Haiii marjaawaan!!!:faint::faint::kiss::kiss:

Now, do they actually mean "on" his torso or was that phrased incorrectly?:lol:

Thanks Bridget.:)

3. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

4. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! :lol: He is so adorable... Just like Kalee said I can imagine him feeling so shy... :lol:

5. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

awww Shahrukh :heart:

anyway it sounds interesting & good for her for getting her book to come to life

6. Farida K

Farida K New Member

'The Zoya Factor' to be made into a movie by Red Chillies

New Delhi, Oct 3 (PTI) Shah Rukh Khan's Red Chillies Entertainment has bought the filming rights to jingle writer Anuja Chauhan's book "The Zoya Factor," a love story of an advertising executive and captain of an imaginary Indian cricket team.
    "The Zoya Factor", published in August by Harper Collins India, has sold nearly 20,000 copies.

"This is a book that was destined to be made into a movie," said Harper Collins India CEO P M Sukumar.

Chauhan was excited about her novel's prospects on silver screen.

"I am really looking forward to seeing Zoya come to life on the big screen. I love Red Chillies movies, and am sure the film will have large dollops of both humour and heart as in the book," she said.

The books describes how the younger players in the cricket team are intrigued to learn that mid-level advertising executive Zoya Singh Solanki was born at the exact moment that India clinched the World Cup in 1983.

When having breakfast with her is followed by victories on the field, they are impressed. And when not eating with her results in defeat, they decide she is a lucky charm.

She also accompanies the team to Australia for the tenth ICC World Cup as a lucky charm. And in the process she falls in love with the erratic but brilliant captain Nikhil Khoda.

Red Chillies Entertainment was founded in 2004 by Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri.

Chauhan has given us jingles like "Yeh dil mange more", "Mera number kab ayega," "Nothing official about it," and "Oye bubbly." PTI

http://www.ptinews.com/pti\ptisite.nsf/0/70695E8EE01B014D652574D7003FDCE6?OpenDocument

7. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

Re: 'The Zoya Factor' to be made into a movie by Red Chillies

hmm.. sounds interseting..

8. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

9. KhushiDreamz

KhushiDreamz G.One Squad Member

Hopefully they make this film and SRK is in it.

10. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

SRK buys filming rights of Anuja Chauhan's book

'The Zoya Factor' to be made into a movie by Red Chillies

New Delhi, Oct 3 (PTI) Shah Rukh Khan's Red Chillies Entertainment has bought the filming rights to jingle writer Anuja Chauhan's book "The Zoya Factor," a love story of an advertising executive and captain of an imaginary Indian cricket team.
    "The Zoya Factor", published in August by Harper Collins India, has sold nearly 20,000 copies.

"This is a book that was destined to be made into a movie," said Harper Collins India CEO P M Sukumar.

Chauhan was excited about her novel's prospects on silver screen.

"I am really looking forward to seeing Zoya come to life on the big screen. I love Red Chillies movies, and am sure the film will have large dollops of both humour and heart as in the book," she said.

The books describes how the younger players in the cricket team are intrigued to learn that mid-level advertising executive Zoya Singh Solanki was born at the exact moment that India clinched the World Cup in 1983.

When having breakfast with her is followed by victories on the field, they are impressed. And when not eating with her results in defeat, they decide she is a lucky charm.

She also accompanies the team to Australia for the tenth ICC World Cup as a lucky charm. And in the process she falls in love with the erratic but brilliant captain Nikhil Khoda.

Red Chillies Entertainment was founded in 2004 by Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri.

Chauhan has given us jingles like "Yeh dil mange more", "Mera number kab ayega," "Nothing official about it," and "Oye bubbly."

PTI Press Trust of India

11. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

Re: SRK buys filming rights of Anuja Chauhan's book

i've been wanting to read this book for the past few months.. but it hasn't come out here yet :(

12. Fiona

Fiona Active Member

I hope Shahrukh would play the lead role..
    thanks for sharing :)

13. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

this kinda made me think of a possible sequel of CDI
    "The Return of Kabir Khan" :cool: :love:

14. Hadeer Ahly

Hadeer Ahly New Member

Thnx for sharing

15. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Sounds good to me...Thank you for sharing!:thumb:

16. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

OMG!! kabir!!!! :jaw::jaw: if tht stubble comes back..... :faint::faint::rip:

17. chatranisrk

chatranisrk Well-Known Member

Sounds great! Shah Rukh did say he hasn't finish with his Kabir Khan character yet... eventhough this is cricket :heart:

I'm looking forward to reading this book! :D

18. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

how sweet

19. rahulsn011

rahulsn011 Well-Known Member

There is a lot more to the Kabir Khan character, just wait and see what he does. I do believe in a way that Suri is a part of Kabir Khan as the simpleton! However, I imagined that if Kabir ever fell in love then it would be the way Suri is!

20. starstuff

starstuff Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh, I have yet to read this book but as it comes highly recommended I'm certain making this film will bring you great fulfullment. :)

I know it will bring me all my dreams come true! :D

JUst come on over. We'll make a date at the MCG. As everyone knows MELBOURNE is the SPORTING CAPITAL of the WORLD! :first:

And considering we've had both the Olympics and the Commonwealth games in Australia in 2000 and 2006 respectively, our facilites are second to none!
    Who knows we could even get Warnie and Gilchrist out of retirement just for this film. :thumb:

CHAK DE...OH, this might be a problem.
    CHAK DE SR or CHAK DE Australia. :confused:

I'll sit on that one for a bit! :decision:

I gotta tell you though, it's hard to go past our unofficial national anthem:

AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE, OI, OI, OI! :biggrin1:

Regardless, there's one thing you know for sure about Australians, WE LOVE OUR CRICKET! :cheer2: