1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK's 'Devdas' in 3D

Discussion in 'Devdas' started by DianaDimple, May 20, 2012.

1. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

SRK's 'Devdas' in 3D!
    Meena Iyer, TNN | May 21, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas that has made a permanent place for itself in the annals of Bollywood history will be converted to 3-D.

Sunil Lulla, who is part of the film corporation that is working on the 3-D version, says, "The film completes a decade this year. And to commemorate its 10th year, we will release a 3-D version of this Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay classic.''

Devdas made by Bharat Shah for almost 50 cr went on to double its investment. The film won five National Awards, 10 Filmfare Awards, was screened at Cannes, and was India's entry to the Academy Awards in 2003 in the foreign language category.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ws/SRKs-Devdas-in-3D/articleshow/13315126.cms

Number8, RizwanaShahrukh and iamsrking thank this.
  2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

But its still not out on BluRay. ::confused2:

3. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

This makes no sense, why would they do 3D and not BluRay??? I too am scratching my head.:confused2:

4. Shanti Chand

Shanti Chand BANNED.

Great!!!!:)

5. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

Would be great if the film is covert into 3D but it won't matter much to me as I wouldn't get a chance to see it.:(

6. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Devdas 3D on same day as 2002 original?
    Prashant Singh, Hindustan Times
    Mumbai, June 03, 2012
    First Published: 13:55 IST(2/6/2012)
    Last Updated: 17:34 IST(3/6/2012)Share Share on facebookShare on linkedinShare on

Madhuri portrayed an off-beat character in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas.Come July 12 and Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s magnum opus, Devdas, will have completed exactly a decade. And what better way to mark 10 years than seeing it back in theatres — in 3D this time — on the same date the original released? “We’re looking at a July 12 release since the film completes
    exactly 10 years on that date. But we are still seeing how things work out, since it involves a very technical process. In a few days’ time, we will decide the exact date,” says Bhansali.
    A few days ago, Time Magazine’s film critic, Richard Corliss selected Bhansali’s Devdas as one of the 10 best films of this millennium.
    “It feels great to know that Devdas remains in people’s minds. Be it the film making it to Corliss’ list, or the 3D version, it shows that Devdas remains a point of discussion,” says the 49-year-old filmmaker. “Even today, one or the other TV channel shows the film every 10 days.” Bhansali, who last directed Guzaarish (2010), says he’s seen parts (of Devdas) in 3D.
    “It looks absolutely spectacular. The depth, resplendence and huge sets will make for great viewing in 3D. And unlike an action film, the camera won’t be running around rapidly. Just imagine watching Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in such a setting; it will be mind-blowing,” he says.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Enter...ame-day-as-2002-original/Article1-864869.aspx

MaryAnnK, RizwanaShahrukh and Misty45 thank this.
  7. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Hopefully it is released worldwide

iamsrking says thanks.
  8. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

OMG I certainly hope it is released worldwide......I will cry if it is not.........

9. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

it just has to be released worldwide :target::target:

or else! :mad:
    :lol:

10. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Is there somewhere we can email to beg them to release it worldwide??

11. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

who is turning it into 3D? the producers of this film or some other people/company :noidea:
    need more info!