1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK's birthday 2013

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by MaryAnnK, Jan 19, 2013.

1. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I know I am just a tad early with this, but last night I was wondering what we might give him as a group for his birthday this year! Silly me!

Then, I remembered I had made some coffee cups printed with this photos to give to friends when we met in Mumbai two years ago! IDEA! A coffee mug specially made by us for him!!! (Anne, where are you?)

We could think of what we would like to put on it and then have it printed and mailed to him! Or, hand-carried by someone to deliver! I don't think this is too early, so let's put our brains together and see what we can come up with. My first thought was our names or signature printed all over the mugs, but that is just on possibility!

I have lost my files that had the photos I used but they were from Billu Barber, Main Hoo Naa and a few others around the coffee mug.

2. TessaRose

TessaRose Obsession

Great idea ! And you did well, it's never too early to think about someone we love ;)

pankaj0213 says thanks.
  3. Suz

Suz Active Member

I think too, that this is a great idea! :)

I thought about a kind of present, that will be different to the common presents he get. I think, he has surely a lot of stuff with his face on it - be it in a role of his movies or offscreen. So I further think that he won't need another cup or picture or pillow with only himself on it.
    So how about a picture of him with the people he loves most - his family? I mean a beautiful picture of him with Gauri, Aryan, Suhana and at best with his sister Lala too (something like that: http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/460/42459256187424823428894.jpg ). And at a corner the PlanetSRK logo and a small sentence with our birthday wish maybe?

What do you think?

sistlashyamu, MaryAnnK and TessaRose thank this.
  4. ashi2

ashi2 in love.......

just a suggestion, as he have fan from all over the world ,we could gift him souvenir based coffee mug from each country where he have his fan base etc.

5. MaryAnnK

I can see that it will need to be a BIG coffee mug!!!!!

TessaRose says thanks.
  6. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

MaryAnnK and Suz thank this.
  7. MaryAnnK

Your idea is not too expensive either. Let's keep working on our plan. Several not-so-expensive ideas rolled together to let him know we love him!!

rubyroo and RizwanaShahrukh thank this.
  8. Areams

Areams Photographer, Filmmaker, and SRK Fan

It is good to think of this early. I've been trying to think about what to make him this year - I have to make all my gifts, I'm just weird like that. I made him that Chili pepper map of India for his last bday. I'd like to sew something up for him this year...I'm a seamstress on top of being a photographer. I have the means of printing photos onto fabric, and it might be cool to send him some accessory with photos from his life. Also, if anyone wants to collaborate I could print pics from us members. Something like a messenger bag or hat. Let me know what you guys think.

9. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

I really like this idea.....maybe the highlights of the year between his birthdays. What a cool idea.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  10. Areams

I'm glad you like it. I was thinking of covering the past 8 years...from ages 40-48. Thankfully pictures of him aren't hard to find. I would have to have everything around a month and a half in advance to get the fabric printed and sew the item together. Yay! Now I'm all excited.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  11. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

8 years may be a lot....guess it depends on what you make, I was thinking like a T-shirt.....it could be something that we do every year picking highlights of the last year, between his birthdates. ...like this last year could of been Aryan going away to college, Gauri branching out into designing, maybe Suhana dances, Yash Chopra & JTHJ, him & Juhi a couple of days ago.....I guess I was think more family and personal just examples....

Suz says thanks.
  12. Areams

Making actual clothing for people is hard without measurements. I was leaning towards a gym bag. He likes sports and they're easy to make. I could do a design with his initials on the outside and have the lining be all photos. I can do all cotton fabrics so I would be machine washable.

MaryAnnK and ASLH thank this.
  13. Areams

Supposing I make a gym bag for him...I've done some quick mock ups of what i would do for the outside. I wrote out his name and initials then warped them bit. I know it's near impossible to see this in the thumbnails, it'll be much bigger as a final piece. I'll also embroider his initials on the finished bag. What do you all think...love-hate-indifferent?

3.jpg 3i.jpg 5.jpg 5i.jpg 6.jpg 6i.jpg

kahaanii2802, Suz and MaryAnnK thank this.
  14. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

What a great idea and something he can use.

15. Areams

I'm glad you approve. Any ideas for the lining content? I agree it should be personal to him and I want him to like it. What do you think?

16. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Not sure, the lining would probably get pretty worn if he uses like we would want.....could you do pictures and then cover them or make them with a waterproof material.....haven't sewed anything in years but I could ask my sister, she's like a master at it. She might have some ideas.

17. Areams

I could use canvas as the lining. Waterproof materials tend to be pricy. I was going to use canvas for the outside, I can design it for the lining too.

18. Areams

I'll do some research, printing on canvas is also pricy. We'll see what I can find. This will look amazing regardless.

TessaRose says thanks.
  19. TessaRose

TessaRose Obsession

That sounds cool :)

20. Areams