1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK Wows With HNY Music Launch

Discussion in 'Happy New Year' started by mumbiene, Sep 16, 2014.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

SRK Wows With HNY Music Launch

by Soumita Sengupta (September 16, 2014)
    [​IMG]Shah Rukh Khan has once again proved he is the king of Bollywood. And that was evident from the music launch of his upcoming film Happy New Year (HNY). Whereas filmmakers usually have one grand launch of either the trailer or music of their films, Khan has chosen to go grand with every event. After the mega trailer launch of the film, the makers of Happy New Year launched the music of their film on Monday, in the midst of the media.

The evening started with Neeti Mohan performing on Manwa Laage, followed by the Shillong Choir, and Sukhwinder Singh singing his song from the film Satakali. Then singer Kanika Kapoor and Dr Zeus performed on Lovely. It was not only an evening of music, London-based magician Keelan Leyser added to the awesomeness with his tricks on the iPAD. And before the event wrapped up, the star cast – Deepika Padukone, Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Boman Irani, Sonu Sood, Vivaan Shah – and director Farah Khan made an appearance on stage.

The music launch also saw music composer Vishal-Shekhar, Sunidhi Chauhan, Irshad Kamil and T-Series head honcho Bhushan Kumar. Here’s what happened at the do:

Shah Rukh Khan on music launch

It was my team’s decision to have a grand music launch. But, this time, when we are kickstarting the promotions, I am feeling sad because the experience will soon end with the film’s release and I will not meet my entire star cast team.

Farah Khan on SRK

When I asked Shah Rukh about the launch, he said, ‘Let’s do more and more events so that we get to spend more time with each other.’

SRK on six-pack abs

I am naturally beautiful. I am not a big eater, I like to play outdoor games and stay fit. You just have to be fit. It’s not that I went on some diet to get these abs, I did work out.

SRK on Bigg Boss

That will be decided by the marketing team. But given an opportunity, I would definitely go for it. It is very gracious of Salman bhai and Bigg Boss to think of me. If for some reason, I cannot go on the show, please don’t take it the wrong way.

Farah Khan on Vivaan Shah[​IMG]

I worked with Naseer in Main Hoon Na and he bullied me a lot. So took revenge on Vivaan in Happy New Year! On the other hand, Vivaan is a very clean-hearted guy. We all bullied him a lot. I was happy to work with Vivaan.

King Khan on doing one film at a time

I can’t do more than one film at a time… I am through with that. Happy New Year is a big film and it had 170 days of shooting. I have never done that before. In 25 years, I have done 55 full-length feature films. So I have never been able to do more than two to two and a half films a year, even at times when people used to 12 films. I believe we all should – producers, directors and actors – come together and decide that one person should take up one project at a time.

SRK on Sukhwinder Singh

Whether Chak De, Chaiyya chaiyya or Darde disco… whenever Suhkwinder has sung my song, they have become superhits. He is a special singer and we all love him. I never attend music recordings but he is the only singer whose recordings I attend because it is fun to watch him singing and he does it in one go. Above all, he performs while recording. He does it from the heart, which I love most about him.

SRK on releasing HNY bilingually

I made a Tamil and a Telugu version of Ra.One but they didn’t do well but Chennai Express’s version did well. I keep making the same mistakes till the get rectified. We do whatever seems logical. We have to understand that India is very different from any other country, we have so many languages and so many audiences. We should dub all films in every language and release them all over India.

Farah Khan On What Took HNY So Long

I wanted to make this film after Main Hoon Na but things didn’t work out. I kept writing different drafts of this film but Om Shanti Om happened. Then, finally, the final draft of Happy New Year was liked by everyone and here we are.
    http://www.boxofficeindia.co.in/srk-wows-with-hny-music-launch/

Krisi_love_SRK, rubyroo, MaryAnnK and 2 others thanked this.